ER

Darfur

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Mar 02, 2006 on NBC

• Out of place in a season of perfection.

Carter in Africa: This is what really dragged the episode down. I wouldn't have minded if this episode had aired, let's say, in Season 9. However, this season has been consistent with fantastic episodes and this one felt quite out of place.

I also find it very hard to believe that Carter didn't know what the sign of shaming is. The cheek of him asking "how was I supposed to know?" was quite alarming. He's been around Africa since last May, and seems to know all about the Jan Ja Wee yet can't seem to pick up on the sign of rape? I also thought he was incredibly stupid to go out of the camp and find the rape victim's husband, and also think it's stupid that he married Kem.

I also thought the Darfur doctors were vaguely selfish. There goes Debbie complaining about how people are drinking sand while she shoves a bottle of Coke in a nurse's face.

Clemente: I was quite glad that Jodie woke up in order to prevent Clemente's personal dilemna from dragging on, and also felt sorry for him amid everyone's suspicions of him. And Bobby really is a vile, creepy and nasty piece of work. It's easy to see that, amid all the naughty stuff of their relationship, Clemente and Jodie are two people who are hopelessly in love with each other and I think it's quite sweet.

Neela/Pratt/Albright/Darnell: I hope this is the last we see of Darnell, this plotline has dragged in a bit. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I think the plotline has highlighted what black people think of the way they are treated, particularly those who are similar to Darnell. I also liked the way Pratt and KJ's "friendship" ended, and liked that KJ acknowledged the part that Pratt has tried to play in his life and help his father out, even if it has resulted in him doing the wrong thing.

I think Neela's advice was well given, even after Pratt's behaviour in the trauma. And also: is it wrong to love Albright? Sure, she may be a bit of a cow but I'm all for some more surgery scenes and her rapport with Morris is hilarious and "out for herself" attitude is quite interesting.

No Sam though, which is always a shame