Dr. Carter, I Presume

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Sep 26, 1996 on NBC

• Not the easiest day for dr. Carter

Pilot of the season.

We have a look into dr. Carter's first shift and it is not easy. As he said in the end of the last season after he graduated, that he does not feel different, so it is - in one moment, being a med student and now running around and trying to act as a doctor and nurses are not giving him easy time.

It is always hard at the beginning and the tempo, the way this is shown here, is very catching and sympathizing. Also there is more about Jeanie and Benton and the story continues where it was left, only this time they have their test results and for Jeanie, there is a decision to make.

Also we can see that Shep is not so lonely anymore and that - he moving on so quickly, hurt Carol, I think, even more. And she is back, I am happy for that even there is nothing said about that
  • (Or season premiere anyway!)

Despite the heavy Carter presence in this episode, I really enjoyed it overall. Carter himself was in good form, and through mistakes learning how to become a better Doctor, or at least, colleague.

Am I the only one who thought that Kerry's system would have worked fine had they given it a week though?

I'm glad to see an end to the Carol and Shep story-line, it didn't seem too painful for either of them. At least Carol seems happy.