ER

First Snowfall

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Nov 21, 2002 on NBC

• wonderful episode

There has been a lot of talk about this episode focusing on the storyline with Abby's brother, but this review will focus on the other storyline. In this episode we see two sides of Dr Corday, we see her being compassionate and understanding with the father of the two boys and we see her act the exact opposite with Mr Nathan. I think that she should have done more for him and did not give him a fair opportunity to pass his rotation. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain that father experienced, losing his wife and son. He would have to suffer serious PTSD and survivor guilt after what happened. The first thing I always think when I watch this episode is how bad I feel for this man. I think that the scene where he's talking to Dr Corday is one of the greatest in the history of ER and very moving. I don't think the ending could have been handled any better with Mr Nathan going into the OR during the kid's surgery, because he was responsible for that kid being alive because he convinced the father to give consent.