ER

First Snowfall

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Nov 21, 2002 on NBC

• Facts about certain places not true and no research conducted.

0.0
    I haven't seen this episode, but have heard from friends who have. First off, the writers seriously let thier viewers down by failing to research basic facts about the U.S. Air Force, it's installations, and it's people. From what I'm told the plot involving the U.S.A.F involves Abby and Carter travelling to a "Mid-Western(Nebraska)Air Base(Not even Air Force Base)in search of Abby's brother who is AWOL from the military. The only base in Nebraska is Offutt AFB and from a friend who was stationed there this wasn't the base pictured.
    Also, and the most upsetting to me, is that the Air Force Security Forces Members are referred to as "Military Police". I AM an Air Force Security Forces Member! This is insulting to me and all those in my Career Field. This generalization of military law enforcement does nothing to help the public understand us and our jobs, and in my belief was not important to them so long as the plot moved forward. I am disgusted with the makers of this program and demand they research thier facts before committing to plot development!
    The Department of Defense and the Air Force would (and has been countless times in the past) be more than willing to assist Films and Television shows in research, and allow them to visit and use thier facilities, personnel, and equipment in thier shows. This is a service provided by the DOD and even has a full time staff in the Pentagon dedicated to Films and Television shows. However it seems that the producers and writers decided not to go this route and in turn INSULTED all Air Force Members with this episode!