ER Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

Ask Your Random Question Here (first post FAQ updated 03/26/08)

linseyt67

[21]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 21
    ravenswood13 wrote:
    lozza1525 wrote:

ravenswood13 wrote:
    What about WRT?

I've never heard of WRT before.

I just looked it up and it means "with regard to." I thought I saw it in a couple of threads recently, but I could have been hallucinating. Anyway, I guess it's not so common that it merits an explanation in the opening post.

Sorry, I am guilty of using that one! I also noticed someone use IMHO - which could be a confusing variation on IMO for some!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mieball

[22]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 8
    Finally learned what ETA stands for

linseyt67

[23]Mar 4, 2007

mieball wrote:

It is funny, as generally it means estimated time of arrival in common usage, so its tv.com meaning is quite different!

mieball

[24]Mar 4, 2007
    linseyt67 wrote:

mieball wrote:

It is funny, as generally it means estimated time of arrival in common usage, so its tv.com meaning is quite different!

Yep, Estimated Time of Arrival is the meaning that pops up in my head, but it didn't make very much sense so I knew there had to be another meaning

alaeangelorum

[25]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 6
    linseyt67 wrote:

mieball wrote:

Well it's not used so much here as we just edit without explanation. On other boards it's used far more frequently.

I use wrt all the time, as well as btw (by the way), AFAIK (as far as I know), IIRC (if I remember correctly), JMO (just my opinion)...

welleg

[26]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 50
    The acronyms are whatever else still needs to be added will appear in the first post later today.

mieball

[27]Mar 4, 2007
    How bout FYI (for your information)? I don't read it too much around here, but I just saw it in a thread and it might be useful..?

ER4life

[28]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 20
    Genius idea Welleg! I've noticed many small threads being started just for one simple question, now I suppose we won't have to worry about all those useless threads!

linseyt67

[29]Mar 5, 2007

ER4life wrote:
    Genius idea Welleg! I've noticed many small threads being started just for one simple question, now I suppose we won't have to worry about all those useless threads!

But I fear they will be started all the same! People do seem rather lazy on the whole!

I do think it was a good idea to write FAQ out in full, after all our comments about what acronyms mean!!

ravenswood13

[30]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 43
    linseyt67 wrote:

ER4life wrote:

But I fear they will be started all the same!...

So true! I think that's part and parcel with a forum. There are many new visitors who may not maneuver around the board very easily. I know I had quite a time getting my bearings when I first started visiting this site!

welleg

[31]Mar 6, 2007
    Hopefully having it pinned will help. No guarantees though. At least now I can just lock the thread and send them here instead of answering the same question 500 times.

gau4700

[32]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 1

I have returned home from overseas and I'm not up to date on the next ER epis, is it true that the next show isn't until April?

ravenswood13

[34]Mar 8, 2007
    gau4700 wrote:

I have returned home from overseas and I'm not up to date on the next ER epis, is it true that the next show isn't until April?

That's right. The next new episode, "Photographs and Memories," will air on April 12. The pinned Season 13 Episode Titles and Broadcast Dates has all the up-to-date info, though you have to go back through quite a few posts to get to one with a list of what’s to come.
    Edited on 03/08/2007 8:57am

speddoc

[35]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 42
    Actually, that's not entirely correct.  There are two other ways to find the current episode date:  The first post in the Episode Titles and Broadcast Dates is always updated when a new title is added, so all you ever need to do is check there rather than hunting through posts to find the latest update.  Also, before I update this thread I put the episode in the guide, so the next airdate will always be there.  This won't be an issue this season, but in future, we might not have a current airdate if NBC doesn't make it available, or if NBC makes a schedule change.

This raises an minor concern apropos of this thread.  We might want to be a bit careful about leaping in to answer questions until we're sure we have the right, or in this case the whole answer.  What Raven said above isn't wrong (thanks for helping Raven!), just not complete, and we do want to be sure we provide complete as well as accurate information.

gau4700

[36]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 1
    Thank you both

ravenswood13

[37]Mar 9, 2007
    speddoc wrote:
    Actually, that's not entirely correct. There are two other ways to find the current episode date: The first post in the Episode Titles and Broadcast Dates is always updated when a new title is added, so all you ever need to do is check there rather than hunting through posts to find the latest update.

I had no idea the first post in the episode thread was updated regularly! I've set my preferences so that each thread opens with the most recent post at the top, and I must admit I never thought to open the thread at the other end for the complete schedule. That would have saved me a lot of trouble countless of times ! Still, that first post doesn't say that it is continually updated (though, of course, it's quite obvious if you look at it! ) and I'm not aware of another thread or post that lets people know that it is (besides the one you just posted). Maybe that info could be added to the first post of this thread, too.

speddoc wrote:
    This raises an minor concern apropos of this thread. We might want to be a bit careful about leaping in to answer questions until we're sure we have the right, or in this case the whole answer. What Raven said above isn't wrong (thanks for helping Raven!), just not complete, and we do want to be sure we provide complete as well as accurate information.

Just to be horribly nitpicky , the question wasn't "How do I find out the current episode date?" but "is it true that the next show isn't until April?", and technically I did give a complete and accurate answer to that query.

Seriously, though, I do see what you mean...

welleg

[38]Mar 9, 2007
    The first post of this thread does say that it will be updated when new questions are added.

ravenswood13

[39]Mar 9, 2007
    welleg wrote:
    The first post of this thread does say that it will be updated when new questions are added.

I was talking about the Episode Dates thread info, Question 3 in the first post of this FAQ thread. I just thought maybe the answer could incorporate Doc's point that the complete schedule is included in the continually updated first post of that particular thread.

ERaddict

[40]Mar 16, 2007
    • level: 4
    Question: Why are prior characters not referenced in any further episodes after the actor leaves? Don't  producers have a copyright on the characters and therefor would be entitled to reference the characters?