ER Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

Ask Your Random Question Here (first post FAQ updated 03/26/08)

welleg

[41]Mar 16, 2007
    • level: 50
    That's something I'm not sure about. There are periodic references: "You set the tone" being one. My guess is that they don't want to waste air time talking about someone that's never going to be onscreen.

Anyone actually know?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Shana868

[42]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 40
    Not that this constitutes a 'frequently asked question', but it's a random enquiry so I may as well ask it here...
    I just watched City of Mercy, in which Morris' daughter turns up. Well, I was wondering back in Lost in America when we first saw Morris’ kids, how many of them were there? I seem to remember four…but there might have been five? And can anybody remember each of the childrens’ claims to fame? I remember that they were each presented of geniuses of some type.

welleg

[43]Mar 20, 2007
    The one is a soccer player - he's the multiracial one. That's all I remember. Does the episode guide say anything? It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't given the gravity of the main plotline of the episode.

linseyt67

[44]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 21

Shana868 wrote:
    Not that this constitutes a 'frequently asked question', but it's a random enquiry so I may as well ask it here... I just watched City of Mercy, in which Morris' daughter turns up. Well, I was wondering back in Lost in America when we first saw Morris’ kids, how many of them were there? I seem to remember four…but there might have been five? And can anybody remember each of the childrens’ claims to fame? I remember that they were each presented of geniuses of some type.

Wasn't one the IT dude who got into the records, one was doing really complex maths (Morris told Clemente that) and obviously one drove them there, and the little girl was either dancing or in a spelling bee. I am afraid that is best I can remember!

alaeangelorum

[45]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 6
    Right, there's Max, the youngest, who is IT kid and I think also the soccer player.

Michael DJ's an online radio show and won a regional dance-mat competition.

Melia, the 10-year-old who may have been in CoM, is the Maths whizz (and professional jump roper???).

Hana is the driver and the eldest.

Thank you Cranky.

lozza1525

[46]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 33
    I thought of another commonly asked question. A lot of people ask when or if Carter is returning to the show for a guest appearance in S14. Maybe that should be up there.

welleg

[47]Mar 21, 2007
    lozza1525 wrote:
    I thought of another commonly asked question. A lot of people ask when or if Carter is returning to the show for a guest appearance in S14. Maybe that should be up there.

Good thinking I'll add it to the first post later today.

welleg

[48]Mar 21, 2007
    Aly04 wrote:

Okay, I've been watching reruns on TNT. I've missed some episodes (I'm not perfect) and I haven't found a site with either good episode summaries or videos of the episodes.

My questions are:

What was the reason Dr. Del Amico gave for leaving?

Did Benton find out that Reese is his after the DNA tests?

Do you know any good sites to visit for summaries and/or videos?

Dr. Del Amico left because County didn't have a Peds ER. One was later developed.

As for Maria Bello herself, I'm not positive.

Dr. Benton is not Reese's biological father.

Summaries - this is a good resource.

Videos - tv.com has some videos, mostly episode clips. Other websites are either illegal or of sketchy legality and therefore can't be mentioned on this website.

jm4847

[49]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 5
    Why did Laura Innes leave the show?

adjlise

[50]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 2
    Over the past couple of years, she became more interested in directing.

Doctor_Crowe

[51]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 8

RE: to Maria Bello's reason for leaving after 1 season.

I think I heard somewhere that she left because she wanted to pursue a film career. I'm not too sure, but she seems to be doing well in film.

I think George Clooney and Maria Bello are the only ones to make a name for themselves after ER in film.

desert05

[52]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 12
    Doctor_Crowe wrote:

RE: to Maria Bello's reason for leaving after 1 season.

I think I heard somewhere that she left because she wanted to pursue a film career. I'm not too sure, but she seems to be doing well in film.

I think George Clooney and Maria Bello are the only ones to make a name for themselves after ER in film.

Anthony Edwards had a good career prior to ER, and has done a number of reasonably high profile movies since he left. Of course, it's difficult when you're comparing almost anyone with the rocket rise to fame of Clooney. He's definitely the exception to the rule for tv stars moving to films.

faCt24

[53]Mar 24, 2007
    • level: 31

i dont think this a frquently asked question but in the episode where dr. greene says goodbye and then he dies and then at the closing scene he's back in an empty er. if anyone remebers this episode what was that closing scene about. i didnt really understand because i was around 10 when i saw it. 

erfan4ever

[54]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 9
    Has anyone heard anything about Alex coming back I have looked and I cant find anything I was just wondering if anyone knew.

ERaddict

[56]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 4

I was just curious, when threads are no longer valid (ie: Valentine's Day threads or in my case, the TNT thread) how are the threads deleted? I would have no problem deleting a thread I start when it expires if it helps with the housekeeping (Hope, one or two of you don't get stuck cleaning up for the whole forum)

A heartfelt thanks to the gods of this forum for the wonderful atmosphere they've created and being the good caretakers that they are.

speddoc

[57]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 42
    The only persons who can delete a post or a thread are the board's editor (Welleg here, me on the Goran board) and the moderators, who are the professional staff who work for C-NET. The moderators only step in when there's a rules violation, and will usually send a moderation PM when they've done the deletion. We might delete threads when they're very dated, when they're duplicates (the most common reason), when they're off-topic, or for the occasional editorial reason. Welleg does a bit of housekeeping occasionally and deletes very old threads, such as the Season 12 discussions for episode over a year old. I haven't had to delete one on the Goran Board yet.

Similarly, we delete posts for a couple reasons: inappropriate content, rules violation (the most common reason), links or inappropriate references to outsides sites, and occasionally for a variety of editorial reasons based on our individual judgment. It's far more common that we delete posts but lock problematic threads, rather than doing wholesale deletions, at least until the user starting the thread can read the post explaining why the thread was locked to begin with.

Unfortunately, not everyone familiarizes themselves with the rules before the moderators have to take action. Recently, we had someone who was apparently new to TV.com post a link to YouTube that had outtakes from Season 7 of ER. I think it must have been on the Luka Pics thread, although I'm not sure since I never saw it. This is a violation of the TV.com rules because a) it's a link to an outside site and; b) there is copyrighted material posted on the site.  At present, the mods are on a campaign to eliminate links to all such material from TV.com. The user's post was deleted by the moderators (not Welleg and certainly not me who has no ability to do so on this board). She received a moderation PM with a warning about point losses for future posts of the sort, and, instead of taking a few minutes to learn the rules, is now pouting and bashing us on another board for not giving her a welcome parade instead. It ain't easy sometimes!

(Hey, lurkers who are reporting to JD, since I know both you and JD are out there, will you tell her to get this stuff straight this time, please, before she starts blaming people on this board and the Goran board for things they haven't done for the umpteenth time!)

Sorry, this is more than you wanted to know, I'm sure, but I thought it might be useful information. Perhaps Welleg can edit it down to a sensible length to add to the FAQ.
    Edited on 03/25/2007 4:55pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Shana868

[58]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 40
    Question - is there a fast way of clicking straight to the post in a thread you left off reading at/last commented at or is that shortcut no longer vlaid? Because I know you used to be able to click on the number of posts in the 'new posts' column on the main forum page, but now it's not clikable, so is there another way?

ERfan1083

[59]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 14
    faCt24 wrote:

i dont think this a frquently asked question but in the episode where dr. greene says goodbye and then he dies and then at the closing scene he's back in an empty er. if anyone remebers this episode what was that closing scene about. i didnt really understand because i was around 10 when i saw it.

As much as I hate to answer a Yankee fan's question, the episode is On The Beach.

ERfan1083

[60]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 14
    speddoc wrote:
    Unfortunately, not everyone familiarizes themselves with the rules before the moderators have to take action. Recently, we had someone who was apparently new to TV.com post a link to YouTube that had outtakes from Season 7 of ER. I think it must have been on the Luka Pics thread, although I'm not sure since I never saw it. This is a violation of the TV.com rules because a) it's a link to an outside site and; b) there is copyrighted material posted on the site. At present, the mods are on a campaign to eliminate links to all such material from TV.com. The user's post was deleted by the moderators (not Welleg and certainly not me who has no ability to do so on this board). She received a moderation PM with a warning about point losses for future posts of the sort, and, instead of taking a few minutes to learn the rules, is now pouting and bashing us on another board for not giving her a welcome parade instead. It ain't easy sometimes!

Ah, going to have to search that site for that now.

speddoc wrote:
    (Hey, lurkers who are reporting to JD, since I know both you and JD are out there, will you tell her to get this stuff straight this time, please, before she starts blaming people on this board and the Goran board for things they haven't done for the umpteenth time!)