ER Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

Ask Your Random Question Here (first post FAQ updated 03/26/08)

bee_bb

[581]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 1
    Thanks eoyguy.

They didn't take the scenes really in Chicago. So the walk by the lake by th characters wasn't really by the Lake Michigan? Where was it then?

And I couldn't believe even the train station wasn't the real train station. I couldn't tell those were scenes with green screens if you didn't tell me.
    Edited on 04/24/2009 11:25pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

eoyguy

[582]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 8

bee_bb wrote:
    Thanks eoyguy. They didn't take the scenes really in Chicago. So the walk by the lake by th characters wasn't really by the Lake Michigan? Where was it then? And I couldn't believe even the train station wasn't the real train station. I couldn't tell those were scenes with green screens if you didn't tell me.

Sure, probably all of the shots of the characters by the lake, especially the ones with the Chicago skyline in the background, were actually filmed in Chicago. Even though they cut back on the number of outside shots actually filmed in the city to save money, they did still do on site filming, just not as much of it. One that comes to mind is when Abby goes skinny dipping in the lake with Carter, and the scene where Carter and Kem spread the ashes on the lake. Those were actually filmed on site in Chicago.

My guess is most of the El train shots that were done on the platforms in the later seasons were green screen or studio set shots. The ones where they showed a wider view of the city may well have been shot on site. The last scene in the finale, where it shows the hospital and the El train going by, was definitely a staged green screen or composite shot.

kristeliz0215

[583]May 14, 2009
    • level: 3

kdtfiles wrote:
    Okay, this one is driving me crazy. I know there is an ep where a little person, dressed like a Christmas Elf, is in the ER for heart trouble, he asks to ge zapped, to get his heart back in regular rythem. The doc ends up zapping him a few times, kinda torture, for the guy being such a jerk. Anyone know what ep that was? Thanks.

It doesn't look like anyone responded. This episode was "The Miracle Worker", the Christmas episode from season 5. Mark Greene is the treating doctor.

catidid

[585]Nov 6, 2009

Okay, I have two questions... actually, they're more inquiries about episodes I'm searching for...

The first one, all I can remember is that a middle aged woman and her grown daughter come in because the mother had been having abdominal pain sporatically. A doctor...(I'm pretty sure it was Benton) did a pelvic and discovered that the woman was in labor.

The second one, for whatever reason, the ER was completely empty. Weaver became the only patient when she got clocked by a falling clock while Carol did safety checks.

Can anyone tell me which episodes these are? I know they's from seasons 2-5

catidid

[586]Nov 7, 2009
    found the second one... It's "Night Shift" the first one is still a mystery, but I kinda think it was around a holiday, either Thanksgiving or Christmas

kdtfiles

[587]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 23
    Catidid ^ I remember the one you are talking about, sort-of, the woman was kinda heavy set (not a lot but sum) and I remeber her telling her daughter that her husband was in for a shock... Don't remember the title tho.

Okay I got another quesion.
    What was the ep where there was like a bad rain storm, the power in the hospital goes out, and there is a rapist running around in teh hospital.. I think at the end of the ep he hangs himself in an empty exam room...

ravenswood13

[588]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 43
    kdtfiles wrote:
    Catidid ^ I remember the one you are talking about, sort-of, the woman was kinda heavy set (not a lot but sum) and I remeber her telling her daughter that her husband was in for a shock... Don't remember the title tho.

What was the ep where there was like a bad rain storm, the power in the hospital goes out, and there is a rapist running around in teh hospital.. I think at the end of the ep he hangs himself in an empty exam room...

I can't figure out the one Catidid is wondering about, but the one with the rapist in the hospital is "Power" (Season 5, Episode 20).

kdtfiles

[589]Dec 27, 2009
    ravenswood13 wrote:
    kdtfiles wrote:

I can't figure out the one Catidid is wondering about, but the one with the rapist in the hospital is "Power" (Season 5, Episode 20).
    Thanks .

kdtfiles

[590]Dec 30, 2010
    Have another one...if anyone is still even on this forum that is .

what is the name of the ep where Ray is at a party and something happens and the balcony on the outside of the building falls (think there were two or three flights that fell) and he sees his girlfriend or someone fall?

TreeHill_89

[591]Jan 23, 2011
    • level: 32
    kdtfiles wrote:
    Have another one...if anyone is still even on this forum that is .

what is the name of the ep where Ray is at a party and something happens and the balcony on the outside of the building falls (think there were two or three flights that fell) and he sees his girlfriend or someone fall?

Its season 11 finale the show must go on...

mermayd

[593]Sep 6, 2011
    • level: 19
    Apologies if this has been asked and answered already but does anybody know what happened to Little Suzy after Chloe lost her in New York. The episode finishes with Susan in New York and the next thing Susan is back in Chicago taking a phone call from Chloe in rehab. And Little Susie seems to be with Chloe's husband?

So where was she? And why didn't Chloe go to prison for child endangerment

kday10

[594]Nov 24, 2011
    • level: 6

I know Kerry Weaver left for Florida with her son, but I was wondering if she and that Courtney news producer lady she was dating, ended up together...?

LovesDocWarner

[595]Oct 17, 2012
    • level: 12

mermayd wrote:
    Apologies if this has been asked and answered already but does anybody know what happened to Little Suzy after Chloe lost her in New York. The episode finishes with Susan in New York and the next thing Susan is back in Chicago taking a phone call from Chloe in rehab. And Little Susie seems to be with Chloe's husband? So where was she? And why didn't Chloe go to prison for child endangerment

This episode is a Third Watch Crossover episode from season 3 I believe you'd have to watch Third Watch in order to find out what happens. In fact here's the clips of what happens with Chloe & Suzie and I don't know why Chloe didn't get arrested, but she should have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ODH_ef4Y8 -Dr. Lewis Find Chloe & Little Suzie.

here's the whole episode if you'd like to see it, it's called Unleashed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDcKsawqE3M-Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BwNIrE5ieE -Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11TXBOTAQQc-Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ohCAErc9o -Part 4 (the end)

kday10 wrote:

I know Kerry Weaver left for Florida with her son, but I was wondering if she and that Courtney news producer lady she was dating, ended up together...?

I believe they stayed together even though it's never said after Kerry leaves or when she comes back briefly in season 15.

Edited on 10/17/2012 7:48am
    Edited 2 total times.

landfolkijeppa

[596]Aug 17, 2014

Hi!

I'm trying to identify an episode of ER in which Dr. Carter supposedly gave his own blood to a patient. I could be wrong though, it could be something else or maybe it wasn't Dr. Carter because I've searched plenty for

carter+gave+blood+episode

and all kinds of variations of it and didn't find it.
    It's not Carter's Choice.