ER Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

Ask Your Random Question Here (first post FAQ updated 03/26/08)

TreeHill_89

[101]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 32
    welleg wrote:
    Brought over from another thread:

alaeangelorum wrote:
    StEpHaNiE2007 wrote:

hi people, sorry if this has already been asked.

But i was wondering why ER has now finished in the UK until the 16th April. The last episode ended on huge cliffhangers and i was just wondering what the reason was. They're now repeating old episodes at the same time.

Im devestated that my ER has gone

Please some one help -

We're probably getting too close to the American episodes or something... there's meant to be a cliffhanger at that point in the series anyway, so I guess it seemed like a natural point to take a break. Why it was implied it will be only back on C4, not on E4, I can't understand...

PS - we have a FAQ thread which would probably be a better place to ask questions... I don't think anyone has asked this yet, but it's possible we will get more similar questions.

Its returning 19th april on e4 if it helps
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Carterfan

[102]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    OpalRisa wrote:
    ERaddict wrote:
    When it comes to pictures or clip art, is it permissable for a lowly level 1 weatherman such as myself to try to put a picture in my message? Sometimes I will see pictures of chocolate or wine, etc... in a message. I would like to try to do that in celebration of ER's return.

I think I know the answer to this one. I believe you have to be at Level 3 in order to post pictures.

Yeh within a few months of this site being up and running there were some people who would sign up and go onto the various boards and start posting pictures of very inapropriate or offensive stuff so TPTB made up a level system where by at different levels one would gain access to be able to do various things based on what their level was.....to kinda prevent a person from just signing up and then posting whatever they wanted, then getting banned and then repeating the process all over again.....This way a person actually has to be doing a lot of stuff on the boards before they can gain some of the privillages......

However you can always PM some of us higher leveled friends and I'm sure that we would not have a problem posting pics on your behalf.....

ERaddict

[103]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 4
    This naturally brings about the next question: How do I get to another level?

saxa246

[104]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 16
    Write a blog, log on daily, contribute and write a review. That is a level-booster Hope it helps!

welleg

[105]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 50
    ERaddict wrote:
    This naturally brings about the next question: How do I get to another level?

Once you reach level 2, you can make submission to shows and people.

erfan4ever

[106]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 9
    Welleg do you know if Hope will be in the cast of season 14?

welleg

[107]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 50
    erfan4ever wrote:
    Welleg do you know if Hope will be in the cast of season 14?

Anything we do or don't know will be found in the Season 14 Spoiler thread. It gives incomplete sides though, so characters appearing in the episode don't always appear in the spoilers.

erfan4ever

[108]Apr 8, 2007
    Ok thanks

Binguliana

[109]Apr 15, 2007
    I´ve been watching previous seasons, and wondering what a PA does (Jeanie´s job). Does anyone know? And what are the differences with a doctor?
    Edited on 04/15/2007 3:07pm

cha0808

[110]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 19

Binguliana wrote:
    I´ve been watching previous seasons, and wondering what a PA does (Jeanie´s job). Does anyone know? And what are the differences with a doctor?

Physicans assistant but i dont no the difference

Binguliana

[111]Apr 16, 2007
    cha0808 wrote:

Binguliana wrote:

Physicans assistant but i dont no the difference

Thanks , but what´s the difference? Jeanie said once that she studied less years, and she had to be supervised, right? But i still can´t figure it out

harifan

[112]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 1
    Physician's assistants do exactly what the name suggests - they assist physicians!

They work under supervision of a physician; they can take a patient's medical history, do examinations, order treatment, make diagnoses, prescribe medicine, do procedures such as suturing. The training is shorter than for a doctor - two years instead of four years at med school.

ERaddict

[113]Apr 17, 2007

saxa246 wrote:
    Write a blog, log on daily, contribute and write a review. That is a level-booster Hope it helps!

The blog and downloads portion of the tabs are greyed out. I was only able to write one blog before this happened. Any idea why and what I should do?

P.S.- Thanks so much for all the help and guidance everyone gives. I like it here.

OpalRisa

[114]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 17
    ERaddict wrote:

saxa246 wrote:

The blog and downloads portion of the tabs are greyed out. I was only able to write one blog before this happened. Any idea why and what I should do?

P.S.- Thanks so much for all the help and guidance everyone gives. I like it here.

Hey there! I think Burcu was referring to blogging on your personal profile page. Right now, you profile is "private". If you set it up so others can view it, then you can start blogging there. Hope that helps.

saxa246

[115]Apr 17, 2007
    OpalRisa wrote:
    ERaddict wrote:

saxa246 wrote:

Hey there! I think Burcu was referring to blogging on your personal profile page. Right now, you profile is "private". If you set it up so others can view it, then you can start blogging there. Hope that helps.

That was eaxctly what I was saying Glad you`re liking it here, and you should really try blogging, it`s so much fun!

Binguliana

[116]Apr 17, 2007
    harifan wrote:
    Physician's assistants do exactly what the name suggests - they assist physicians!

They work under supervision of a physician; they can take a patient's medical history, do examinations, order treatment, make diagnoses, prescribe medicine, do procedures such as suturing. The training is shorter than for a doctor - two years instead of four years at med school.

Thanks!

ERaddict

[117]Apr 19, 2007
    I was on level 2 yesterday, today I'm at level 1 with 0%, Any idea what this about and how I would correct it? Thanks Back at level 2 now; 56% wonder what happened and how it was corrected, did I do something or did someone/something else correct it? Or maybe my computer is just going wacko, "Hal is controlling things now" (reference to Odyssy 2000)
    Edited on 04/19/2007 5:53am

ERaddict

[119]Apr 19, 2007

ERaddict wrote:
    I was on level 2 yesterday, today I'm at level 1 with 0%, Any idea what this about and how I would correct it? Thanks Back at level 2 now; 56% wonder what happened and how it was corrected, did I do something or did someone/something else correct it? Or maybe my computer is just going wacko, "Hal is controlling things now" (reference to Odyssy 2000)

Okay, login shows level 2 but thread contributions show level 1. Help!

saxa246

[120]Apr 19, 2007
    That Level 1 0% thing happens all the time. It`s an annoying bug of the lovely tv.com. It gets back to normal in time. The other thing? It`s probably a glitch too. Wait for a while, it will probably catch up soon.