ER Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

Ask Your Random Question Here (first post FAQ updated 03/26/08)

alaeangelorum

[141]May 2, 2007
    • level: 6
    I liked having my own birthday thread too, and I'm quite lazy about reading the annumberary thread so I'm not sure I'd read a birthdays one! I've sometimes thought there's no place to put celebrations that's seperate to the annumberaries thread, though, but I think a celebrations thread would end up drifting off into oblivion periodically!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

speddoc

[142]May 2, 2007
    • level: 42
    linseyt67 wrote:
    saxa246 wrote:

Not exactly a question but a suggestion from me...

Why don`t we have a thread for only Birthday celebrations? We can put the dates in monthly order and everyone can celebrate there. I know that we`re already doing this on different threads for everyone but, wouldn`t it be nice? 

I have to be honest and say that waking up on my birthday morning last year and having a thread all for me (and someone else who's b'day was as mine!) was totally lovely - in fact made my day. So I would prefer it stayed as it is!

I'd agree.  It's nice to hog the attention one day a year.  We deserve it!

scruff7

[143]May 3, 2007
    • level: 1
    Can anyone tell me the best contact address for writing to Maura Tierney and Goran Visnjic? Has anyone written to either of them and got a reply? Thank you.

lemonily

[144]May 4, 2007
    • level: 3
    The ability to click on the new posts link seems to have disappeared as it just takes me to the first page of the thread instead of where I left off reading. Does anyone know if this is a temporary thing or if TV.com have changed it permanently?

ravenswood13

[145]May 4, 2007
    • level: 43
    lemonily wrote:
    The ability to click on the new posts link seems to have disappeared as it just takes me to the first page of the thread instead of where I left off reading. Does anyone know if this is a temporary thing or if TV.com have changed it permanently?

Check for relevant threads at the TV.com Technical Support Board.

speddoc

[146]May 4, 2007

lemonily wrote:

Oh, it's one of those bugs that pops up around here occasionally.  It will come back.  It may also be the browser you're using.  This site is optimized for use with Firefox and Flock; if you use another broswer (particularly Safari for Mac) or need to update your browser, you can expect problems like this more often, darn 'em! 

linseyt67

[147]May 4, 2007
    • level: 21
    speddoc wrote:

lemonily wrote:

Oh, it's one of those bugs that pops up around here occasionally.  It will come back.  It may also be the browser you're using.  This site is optimized for use with Firefox and Flock; if you use another broswer (particularly Safari for Mac) or need to update your browser, you can expect problems like this more often, darn 'em! 

I think we should have this under the heading of frequently required reassurance!

I know that I suffer a little excessively from a persecution complex, but even a mild sufferer might think that the board is out to get them sometimes

Just as I reached level 3 - and so could post pics it kept going back to level 0. One week I was desperate to post something and the board was not accepting posts - and yet some others seem to be managing - oh, I have had to really beliee it wasn't just a personal vendetta at times!

speddoc

[148]May 5, 2007
    We need a grin-and-bear it list of bugs like this one, the infamous Level Bug being #1 on the hit parade. 

desert05

[149]May 5, 2007
    • level: 12
    speddoc wrote:
    We need a grin-and-bear it list of bugs like this one, the infamous Level Bug being #1 on the hit parade. 

I'm long past the grin and bear it stage. Especially when they shifted things around and it caused me not to be able to log on at home. That "fix" was beyond grinning or bearing. I just love to have to shuffle off to the library to get on this frigging site! I guess I should be "grateful" that I can read it at home, but still..........

That said, it's probably my **** computer. Ahhhh........

linseyt67

[150]May 5, 2007
    • level: 21

desert05 wrote:
    speddoc wrote:
    I'm long past the grin and bear it stage. Especially when they shifted things around and it caused me not to be able to log on at home. That "fix" was beyond grinning or bearing. I just love to have to shuffle off to the library to get on this frigging site! I guess I should be "grateful" that I can read it at home, but still.......... That said, it's probably my **** computer. Ahhhh........

Well, I for one am very glad that you do go to the library - I always enjoy reading what you write (even if I don't always agree!).

And who would do the ratings for us?

It occurred to me that a simple (if that is possible) explanation of how the ratings are collated, and the meanings of the numbers following the different categories would be a really useful answer to a question about what they mean!!!  What do you think?

(finally, I only learnt recently what frigging means - at least in the UK, so it makes me smile when I see it used now!! )

welleg

[151]May 5, 2007
    • level: 50
    Note: life is crazy for me right now, so no updates of this post until mid-June. I want to do something different with the pinned threads anyway to try and consolidate them. The number of them seems to get overwhelming at times.

CrazyDayz

[152]May 9, 2007
    • level: 10
    I've been here for a little over a year now, and I keep hearing about the "Cesspit." So is that the title of another forum, or is that a code word, or a nickname? I'm just curious to hear exactly what it is and what it is known for. If the answer is too graphic or, let's say obscene, well...
    Edited on 05/09/2007 5:53am

fejesjoco

[153]May 9, 2007
    • level: 12
    It took me a while to figure out the word triage. They pronounce it tree-osh, not try-idge.

speddoc

[154]May 9, 2007
    Actually, it's tree-ahj. 

speddoc

[156]May 9, 2007
    The Cesspit is a name I coined to represent a concept, not a specific board.  If anyone wants more information about the Cesspit, go read my "Board Wars" blogs.  Any attempts to identify it would be completely inappropriate.  I will never identify what makes up the Cesspit by name.
    Edited on 05/10/2007 8:13am

GalaxyDuster

[157]May 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    Ah, sorry. Just taking a guess.

CrazyDayz

[158]May 11, 2007
    • level: 10

speddoc wrote:
    The Cesspit is a name I coined to represent a concept, not a specific board. If anyone wants more information about the Cesspit, go read my "Board Wars" blogs. Any attempts to identify it would be completely inappropriate. I will never identify what makes up the Cesspit by name.

Ahhh, I've got it now.  Thanks, Doc. 

erfan4ever

[159]May 11, 2007
    • level: 9
    When will season 8-10 be out on dvd? Does anyone know

cha0808

[160]May 11, 2007
    • level: 19

erfan4ever wrote:
    When will season 8-10 be out on dvd? Does anyone know

Season 8 is being released in the UK on July 16th. Other countries i'm not sure.