ER Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

Who is your All Time Favorite Character?

Favorite Character

ElocinDancer

[1]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 6

Ok, so I wanted to put a bunch more in there, but apparently you can only put in five. So if yours isn't listed, post it here! Also, once you vote, please leave a post explaining why that character is your favorite. I'd just like to see who is the most loved! I'm sorry if I omitted your favorite in the five. I tried to take into account the opinions of people in this forum, and it seemed like these characters could be considered top 5. If not, I apologize. Have fun, and start voting!!

p.s. I guess I should follow my own rule! lol. I chose Abby, because not only is her character funny, witty, and smart, but she is also portrayed by my all-time favorite actress, Maura Tierney. My second choice would have probably been between Neela and Carter...hard to say!!

Edited on 06/01/2009 2:27pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cha0808

[2]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 19
    hmmm this was a hard choice! I went for Abby though because i just adore the woman! i havent much liked her this season but she still is so watchable, and im a huge fan of Maura's! i couldnt see ER being so good without her. if it wasnt abby then it would be a tie between Susan and Luka! eek it was a hard decision!

lozza1525

[3]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 33

From the list I chose Weaver. I've always loved her, she was pretty much the only female figure in the ER to have true authority, and plus she was a great doctor from what we saw. Oh, and she had some wonderful scenes too. Remember the whistle scene from Such Sweet Sorrow?

But my overall favourite character was Lucy, even if her character was short-lived. I've always believed ER needed more characters like hers, who was focused on the medicine, than trying to sleep with every ER doc. Plus, she was a fun character, and one that I could even relate to at times.

Second would have to be Corday just because of some of her hilarious British remarks.

For the male side, without a question Doug. Smart, handsome, funny and charming. There hasn't been any male character that could match (apart from Luka... sometimes).

Edited on 04/17/2008 12:20am

tguedry82

[4]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 9

I voted for Luka from the list. I have always liked him, even in the beginning when he was reckless with everyone. I loved when he went to Africa, I thought him and Sam were an awesome match until he got with Abby, and I do love Abby too so it was a close one, but I think part of what makes her great is her scenes with Luka.

My alltime favorite is actually Sam though, not on the list. I loved when she came in all tough and kickin butt! I loved the storylines between her and Luka, and I think during the finale/season premiere when she got taken by her ex, her storyline was what kept me on my seat the most! [Editing out a small Season 14 spoiler. --Raven]

Edited on 04/18/2008 3:51pm

corona2516

[5]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 3
    i think the main reason for watching ER is because Maura Tierney is in it. I love how funny, emotional and sarcastic Abby's character is, its what makes the show worth watching.

dylanesque

[6]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    i vote Carter. During eleven years, i grow up with him, he's like my brother and the ER are not the same without him. He's the heart and the soul of the show.

Shana868

[7]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 40
    I'm not sure who my favourite character was because I think particularly with the later seasons there can be quite a lack of consistency in the ER writing.

I'd say my favourite overall was Elizabeth. She was strong and feisty, funny at times, had good chemistry with other characters. Kerry and Luka (pre-Chiefdom) are probably second and third.

dylanesque

[8]Apr 19, 2008
    Yes but unfortunetaly, Elizabeth was not well-writen after Mark's death. Her romances with man, like Dorsett were funny but i wanted to see Lizzie in surgery. And Lizzie without Romano is no longer Lizzie...

vicky24c

[9]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 24

My favourite proper characteris Abby.

But my favourite guest star character has gt to be her mother, played by Sally Field. Always loved her acting.

Edited on 05/29/2008 10:12pm

erfan4ever

[10]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 9
    Abby of course!

banannie

[11]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 22

My favourite ER character is Carter. But Abby and Neela are close seconds.

lozza1525

[12]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 33

tguedry82 wrote:
    My alltime favorite is actually Sam though, not on the list. I loved when she came in all tough and kickin butt!

Haha, I just watched that episode again yesterday. I agree with you, that was a pretty impressive, and funny introduction to her character.

ElocinDancer

[13]Apr 24, 2008
    lozza1525 wrote:

tguedry82 wrote:
    My alltime favorite is actually Sam though, not on the list. I loved when she came in all tough and kickin butt!

Haha, I just watched that episode again yesterday. I agree with you, that was a pretty impressive, and funny introduction to her character.

I just saw that scene again too, when she sticks the Haldol in the guys neck. Priceless! what a way to bring a new character in. I wanted to put her on the list, but they only allowed 5. Judging by the results so far I may have mistakenly added Neela, but I figured people liked her. Ahh well. Thanks for sharing your favorite character! This is fun, finding out who everyone's favorite is.

tinochka

[14]Aug 5, 2008
    From the list below I choose Kerry, though really my fave is Susan Lewis, but she is followed by Kerry and Lizzie

GalaxyDuster

[15]Aug 5, 2008
    Neela is my favorite character. She really strikes a chord with me.

Misticataste

[16]Aug 15, 2008
    without any hesitation , I would go for carter. what can I say? he is caring, compassionate, understanding, always available for every body. loves to have a close relationship with his patients . knows exactly what he wants.

sydneygirl1206

[17]Aug 17, 2008
    • level: 10
    I voted for Carter but I also like Luka and from the old days Doug Ross and Mark Green.

MrsMcDreamy87

[18]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 11
    I voted Abby

Bizbeth88

[19]Aug 31, 2008
    Dr Green is and always will be my favourite ever ER Doctor - I cry like a baby everytime he dies. Also got to say Dr Ross, Dr Dave Malucci who I am still madly in love with 7 season after he left lol, Luka and Ray.