ER

Gut Reaction

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Apr 16, 1998 on NBC

• Scott makes a decision to stop fighting and Morganstern has another decision to make.

Benton makes a move in operation when it feels like that Morganstern is not able to make it. That makes big problem and ends up Benton being restricted. Benton's word against his and the decision is not on Benton's favor.

The other major storyline concentrates on Scott who is getting worse and the only possibility the see for him is extreme experimental chemotherapy treatment. But first he tries to take it but not for himself. For Jeanie. Carter is little mad about her grandmother as she draws back her founding on the free clinic because she is mad about Carter and that is nothing to do with Carol.

Interesting and exciting and moving, on Jeanie part.
  • Awwww.John and Ana

This episode rocks!I can see Johns point about not wanting to ruin Ana and his friendship!But,they are so cute together!And I like how it ended...when Peter and Lizzie kissed!!That was so....CUTE!!!I think that Peter should just give up and tell Lizzie he loves her!ThEy are just like John and Ana!!They can not hide the fact that they care for one another!!!!And Doug and Carol looked so cute at the party1They are the best couple on that show!!Now if Ana and John got together,Doug and Carol would deffinaly would have some competition!!But all in all this episode was one of the best episodes EVER!!
  • Annual ER banquet ... PARTY!

Well even though it didn't go to plan the annual ER banquet still looked losts of fun and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
    It is good they made it into a fun event and looked on the bright side.

I admire Anna for giving Bone Marrow but thought it a bit stupid going to the annual ER banquet the same day. She would have been in loads of pain!

Scott decided to stop treatment and it would have been so hard for him. Not wanting to disappoint anyone (mainly Jeanie because of his BIG crush on her) but there is a time when enough is enough. I would have like to see him a bit closer with his dad before the end though.
  • moving episode

This is a rare episode that keeps three riviting storylines going for an entire episode, and they are all good. The first storyline is the struggle to prepare for the ER banquet, and Mark and Jerry struggling to set it up. It starts out as a disaster, but in the end, everyone has a good time. The second storyline is the continuing saga of Dr Anspaugh's son's battle with cancer. He finds out that his only chance is to have an experimental chemotherepy treatment. He originally decides to do it because of Jeanie, but after a near death experience, he changes his mind. I loved that scene, it was so sad to see a 12 year-old losing a battle with cancer, and it was shown in the best way it could have been. The final storyline is a dispute in surgery between Drs Benton and Morganstern. I personally believe that Dr Benton handled it wrong, but that Dr Morganstern should not have covered himself the way he did. I always like the storylines that raise ethical questions like this one does. All in all, three great storylines combine to make a classic episode.