ER

I Don't

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM May 03, 2007 on NBC

• Wedding...

So, I think we had a second weddings in ER (as Mark Green and Elizabeth Corday) and this one was quite good. the whole episode of wedding. I do not know. The marriage itself and Abby acting little cold about it was not the main thing. I would even say that most of the episode was about Neela, Gates and Ray.. and maybe the name even reflect it as the episode Neela got married (or proposed I am not sure) was I do.. now it is "I don't" and it all ends up in fight and Ray.. oh.. just do not check your selfphone in the middle of road...

I liked Ray char.. and he was my sister's favorite.. and I think they were cruel about him to have that kind of ending.
  • Simply Loved the episode.

For many minutes I thought Abby was gonna say "I don't". Loved she accepted Luka's surprise wedding party and in the end she said those magical words - "I do". The poem she recited is great, those are great words. Neela's participation was great too.

I know everything has an end. :'( I'm just hoping the last episode of ER will be has good as this one.
    This could have been a Perfect Finale.

This episode brought me ER memories, Mark, Kerry, Elizabeth, Carter ... Wish they were there, celebrating Abby's big day!

Now it's over a question hangs in my head. Will this happiness last?
  • "The Croatian sensation pulls a rabbit out of the hat!"

It's not very realistic that any bride would ever accept being put in this "fait accompli" situation, but at the end of the day Abby admits to Luka that she couldn't have arranged a better wedding herself.
    Best scene: The whole wedding ceremony is a funny mix of the solemn and the hilarious, but Luka & Abby saying their vows to each other sums it up for me. The clothes: I wasn't sure about Abby's dress, but somehow it works, and the Croatian pearls in her hair are lovely too. And then there is Luka ... more devastatingly handsome than ever!
    Typically Abby: Having to be convinced over and over again by Luka. Asking Neela to be her bridesmaid, even if she, typically, doesn't want to put a conventional lable on it. Later she's bickering with the flower girl and has to be pushed out by Hope to go down the isle, but standing with Luka in front of the rabbi she just wants him to hurry up.
    Typically Luka: He has been paying attention to details that Abby likes and this shows that he has put a lot of thought into planning the wedding.
    The belle of the ball: Neela is breaking off with Gates and turning her attention to Ray, trying to explain her feelings to both of them. And perhaps to herself? Meanwhile, she seems to be the girl everyone wants to kiss!
    Funniest line: Pratt (to Luka): "Dead man walking."
    Funniest chatacter: The rabbi! Starting on the Bar Mitzvah ceremony by mistake, "any jilted ex-lovers", "yada, yada..." etc.
    Another funny character: Timmy telling every nurse that they are the hottest nurse in the ER, even Malik!
    Most unexpected: Clean-shaven Gates...
    Most unnecessary: Gates & Ray fight ends with Ray being hit by a truck!!!!
    This episode seems to be a season finale, but it's not.... Very strange.
  • Outstanding performances and it was refreshing to go through so many emotions while watching one episode.

What an amazing episode! It was a combination of so much. It was funny, serious, touching, moving, sad, etc. It was so nice to see ER's famous couple finally getting married. And to have everyone there was such a bonus! And the comedy that was sprinkled in the episode was refreshing. The only down part was when Gates started the brawl. It was such an inappropriate time to display his juvenile behavior. Hope and Morris really stood out. Busy and Scott gave great performances. I hope to see them more and more in the front story lines. Overall, this is one of my favorite episodes in a long time.
  • Great

Great episode! Luka’s carefully arranged formal dinner for the ER staff gives Abby the surprise of a lifetime when she discovers the real reason for the evening. Luka finds himself dealing with Abby’s reaction, but love prevails, and in the end, events come off as planned. As the celebration continues, Pratt plays an important role with a bit of panache, Morris and Hope find themselves with an opportunity they can’t resist, and Neela finds herself the center of all manner of unexpected attention.
  • It took Seven years but it was worth it...

This certainly capped of the Luka and Abby relationship perfectly, the writing was spot on and it refrained from being cheesy or too predictable.
    Luka's whole intiative of planning the wedding himself just fitted, it was as if in some way he knew Abby couldn't go through with it without that push.In addition having the wedding in "a maze" didn't give Abby the option of running away as she has done so many times before.He took everything into account and really showed his love for her.

Abby was obviously scared of the prospect of the wedding and felt the need to take it out on Luka the 'croatian sensation'. Luka just did what he felt was best for Abby and eventually after he talked her round she realised this with the help of his 'secret weapon': Joe. I thought it was spot on how Luka had listened to everything Abby had said without her realisation it was just symbolic of How Luka has always been.That dress was beautiful and Abby lookes stunning.
    The scenes between Neela and Abby and Luka and Pratt were just right it didn't go over the top it just stated what they had been through together whilst asking them as close friends to stand up there with them. I liked the fact neither of them used the commercialised terms but tried to steer clear of Maid of honour and Best man.

I thoroughly enjoed the scenes where Abby wasn't ready to walk down the isle so Hope was forced to push her; just Abby all over she doesn't follow through without that push.Both her and Luka's reactions to the Rabi were classic also.
    One of the only things I disliked about this episode was when the Scene showed Abby walking down the isle then faded her out to show Sam. I don't know if that was supposed to say that she approved but I just didn't like the idea in general.

The ceremony was beautiful the 'Priest' was right, for two people that want to speed it up they can talk.Luka's vows were just spot on not too much cheese or expectation but just tear-jerking words.Whilst Abby's was amazing even if she didn't have time to prepare.Just hearing her tell Luka she loves him would of done because it took so much for her to be able to say that.But topped with the poem by e.e cumming's it was beautiful, those words where just so right for Luka and Abby even during the break up they stood by each other and always found each other. I think I breathed for the first time once they had kissed, seven years waiting and it was definetly worth it.

Hope did a great Job and it was great to see Abby thank her.The whole Neela situation was just like woooh she is seriously popular but I didn't agree with the whole Ray and Gates fight included in this episode it spoilt the mood of the episode.

The one thing I could not stand was the ending, why the need to include someone getting hit by a truck in a wedding episode.I understand they may of needed to add some action but please 7 years, 7 years and they go and spoil it with that.What was wrong with that being an ending for the season? Awesome Episode, beautiful writing and Acting the chemistry between Maura and Goran was Phenomenal in this episode.
  • The best episode of the series so far!!

I started watching ER a few series ago, then started to watch reruns of the old classics. And i have to say its nothing like it used to be.

There have been a few episodes in the last few series, such as 21 Guns and Bloodline, that were absolutley fantastic but overall the series isnt as good. That all changed with this episode, I dont. It was a brilliant episode. Luka planned a secret wedding for Abby, so when she turned up she just expected being at a staff dinner. But she got the suprise of her life when Luka (with help from Hope) had arranged everything.

There were some sweet moments - such as Abby's "I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart" poem which was beautiful. There was also some great comedy moments - especially Hope and Morris singing. Then there was the cliffhanger - poor Ray.

i can't wait until next weeks!!!!
  • best episode of the season and best episode of ER in many years

wow! this was the greatest episode of the entire season and one of the best of the entire show, i mean it was well written and well directed, the acting and all the elements that make this a great series
    i think ER has proved that after still 13 years it still can make great episodes like this one, i mean i think this is the best wedding episode ever, other weddings like greene´s and neela´s were really nice, but this one was just perfect, seeing all the actors and the whole trama that david zabel wrote like an antiwedding was excellent
  • I loved this episode. Luka and Abby finally get married!!!! Funny, sweet, sad, exciting, had it all :)

In my opinion, this episode was ER at its best. Definately my favourite episode of the season. Luka suprised Abby with a wedding, which Hope helped organized. Hope and Morris are such a cute couple! And the scene with them singing kareoke was too good.

Neela's admirers were out in full. It gets kind of ridiculous that so many men (and women) can be so besotted with her. Ray and Gates, fair enough. Thats nothing new. But her boss, and the med student as well?! She's just one woman! From what other people have been saying, the fight scene between ray and tony wasnt a big hit. But i enjoyed it. It wouldnt be ER without something to disrupt the peace!

Luka and Abby: gorgeous couple as usual. To say nothing of the cutie baby Joe, in his baby-sized tux. Awwwww. And then, the final scene. Ray + Truck + fade to white = me worried. Its not really a good sign when a character gets hit by a truck and the episode just ends. Ray can't die! Not before Neela wakes up and professes her love!

But, despite the ending that had me biting my nails with worry, this was a great episode. And, discounting ray, not a patient in sight. not a bad feat for a show based on an emergency room!
  • JaLu!!!!

Bueno me parecio un capitulo muy cheere. En realidad, una de las cosas que mas me gustaron fue la musiquilla del comienzo cuando Abby entro al lugar donde se iba a casar con su novio que es bien amigo de ella y por lo tanto esa musica estoy buscando ahorita, porque en realidad me gusto bastante la musica esa, entonces es muy probable que esa musica de UB49 que en realidad es original de Elvis Presley, el cantante que canta canciones bien cheeres, y me gusta porque es muy probable que la ponga en un futuro en mi wedding =).
  • Fun+music+wedding and NO! medical drama = Best episode since years!

I have to day this was the best episode since a very long time. To focus it just on the wedding was a great idea. You see that E.R. is at it best when it is not focusing on the patiens. We want to know the life of the doctors, thats much more interesting. There was so much humour, more than usual and that what it makes so good. and they had very good music in this episode which was also very good. So just keep going on like this with less medical drama and more personal stuff.

Thanks! Bye!
  • One of the best episodes I've ever seen!!

The chapter begins quite nostalgic with Ray going to the er. Then we discover what we been suspecting from the last chapters: Luka was planning the wedding by his own, with Hope's help!!!We assist to one of the most amazing moments in the ER history for the most romantic fans. It's a perfect wedding, all their friends are there. We can see very funny moments, most of all with morris as star, moments that make you cry (I almost cried 4 times!!!). In conclusion, Except the end that leave you worried about what happened to Ray, is one of the best chapters among the 13 seasons of the serie.
  • Lubby wedding!!

So long waiting for this moment...
    I loved the episode. It was great. The wedding wasn't just a wedding. It was THE LUBBY WEDDING. And I found it was so sweet of Luka to plan everything. And I loved when he said:
    "I love you, you love me, let's make it for ever."
    and when he said:
    "Let's get married, right here, right now."
    And all the things he said. So sweet.
    But I think that Neela storyline was a little strange!
    And the with Ray getting runed over by a truck! Oh God
    Ray can't be dead!
    I also liked the part when they're all together :)
    It was like the right ending.
  • If you cry at weddings, get the tissues out. If impending doom makes you cry, have another box of tissues handy.

This wedding was indeed an ER wedding. It had Luka written all over it. God, how this man loves this woman! He is Luka afterall and he loves her in the only way Luka could, with his own unique style. When it comes to Abby, he doesn't always think. He got so excited about the idea of marrying her, he forgot that she might want to have something to do with the wedding! This wedding was his gift to her (It cried out with Luka style, sweet and off-beat!).I am so glad she didn't reject it (Afterall, she said the wedding didn't matter as much as the committment). The surprise aspect was genius! It took the pressure off everyone. No one, especially Sam, had to worry about social awkwardness; everyone was welcome. Pressure was off everyone, they were all free to celebrate. Even Hope and Morris got what they wanted, a chance to help and be a part of the wedding. Hope had been planning a wedding since she was 10. She finally got a chance to put some of her ideas into practice, with Luka's guidance of course. Morris got a chance to be Morris, always videoing important events (don't we all know someone like him; bless the photographers/videographers, without them our memories wouldn't be recorded for posteriety). We got a chance to see everyone in an unpretentious, natural manner (Too bad Gate's unpretentious, natural manner stood out-this, we could have done without). No one had the pressure of the hospital on their shoulders. Luka gave a gift to the guests as well as to Abby. Seems the only guests with pressures was the Neela triangle and this was needless pressure they put upon themselves. (Gates can't let up on her, can he? Such an arrogant, self-centered, conceited, sleazeball, to pick her up uninvited and force his company on her! Of, course he didn't think how his actions would affect her or Ray) Family ordeals/disappointments were avoided. The Kovacs didn't have the religious issues to deal with nor did the Wyzinksis. Families weren't put upon to rearrange schedules to travel to a wedding The Kovacs didn't have to worry about dealing with passport issues or airport or plane scheduling problems. Luka was right to seperate friends/coworker guests with family. He respected family by assuring Abby they would do something for their families later. Thereby giving family the due consideration they deserve and extra time for Abby to deal with family considerations. As for the vows, Luka didn't need to take a vow to respect and love her, he's been doing that for ages, sometimes as a friend and now as a lover and father of her child. Abby didn't need to take a vow either. She has committed herself to perserving with him and loving him long before the words came out of her mouth. The vows were for public proclamation only so everyone could be a witness to their committment, that there is no question they are as one.
  • Ray is road pizza...

The whole suprise wedding thing was predictable and very very weird. Im sure the women out there loved this episode, but most guys probably didnt. Luka and Abby have been living together as man and wife for years and have a kid - why bother with marriage? It was a bit of putting the cart before the horse. But at least some interesting things happened. If it wasnt for Ray, Gates and Neela, this would have been an 7.5 maybe. One thing everyone should learn from this episode; become involved with Neela and you end up DEAD or horrificly injured. Conclusion: Being involved with Neela is veddy veddy (obscure Seinfeld reference) bad for your health.. Gates should rethink wanting to be with Neela - does Uncle Jesse really want to end up DEAD or in a body cast? I guess Dr. Dubenko will be all over Neela like white on rice. Oh, and I almost forgot about the weird asian woman kissing Neela. What the heck was that all about? Too bad Dr. Weaver isnt still around, she could start hitting on Neela... Laura Innes is behind the camera as director for the next episode.. hmmmmm

This week episode rated only a 5.3, last year this time it was getting a 7.9. ER is fading fast.
  • The ER is closed and it's time for a little celebration

I absolutely loved this episode! It was different from the usual already because it did not play in the ER. But there were also some unexpected character changes.
    I felt so sorry for Neela who's having a really tough time with all the men (and woman) on her back. I see her reasons for dating Tony, but I'm glad they ended things in the end and I hope she'll eventually overcome her fears about Ray.
    Ray is really the one to feel sorry for. He was there before Gates even showed up and he missed his shot. It's awful. You can see clearly just how much he cares about her. I really hope he's not hurt. The promo says missing, hopefully he's alive!
    Hope and Morris were just hilarious once again. I love Busy Philipp's character on this show! It's so extra-ordinary. And those two are kinda cute together.
    Finally, there's the happy couple. Okay, Luka did kind of overwhelm Abby with the whole thing and for a moment I was afraid she wasn't gonna stay. But she did and it was so beautiful! It was just spontaneaous for her and that was special! Her vows were just so romantic!
    And then there was so much fun in this eppy. Like that rabbi who was absolutely hilarious!
    Great episode and I'm looking forward to next week!!
  • The perfect wedding we waited seven years for.

A long time ago, we fell in love with Luka and Abby. Theirs seemed the perfect relationship that just couldn't work out. Carter and Sam came and went away, and finally on the twelfth season, six years after they arrived in the ER, 'Luby' got together and had a beautiful baby boy.

Most of the ER fans hoped for this episode, and as I started watching, I couldn't believe it really was here. And it was everything I had waited for. Altough it was weird to see Hope and Morris, who are so new, helping Luka plan the secret wedding, having him convince Abby of marrying right here, right now, was just perfect. Goran Visnijc and Maura Tierney have so much chemistry, and they can really show us true love.

The wedding itself was lovely. Abby was so beautiful (tough Neela and Sam were drop dead gorgeous), the rabbi was hilarious, and their vows made me cry so much. It was for me, and I believe for most Luby fans - a dream come true.

And then there were those adorable little moments that make an episode a classic. Abby and Luka dancing and giving the episode name its meaning, Morris and Hope singing 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart', Dubenko threatening to hunt Luka down like a cheetah, little Joe (because he's just the cutest baby ever), Abby asking Neela to be her maid-of-honor, Luka asking Pratt to be his best man, all the loving gazes between husband and wife.

And even tough Neela was on too much, even tough Gates was really stupid, even tough now I'm worried about Ray, "I Don't" managed to keep my eyes glued to the TV all the time. There's no other word - it was definately perfect.
  • There's something about Neela

7.7
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, what's so special about Neela? Okay, she's beautifull and kind but the writers of ER make her seem like the new Aphrodite. First Ray with his crush on her that lasts for three seasons now, Michael of course, Gates, Dubenko and now even the Chinese girl Mei-ling has the hots for her as she so drunkenly confessed on Luka and Abby's wedding.

Neela finally breaks up with Tony though, after he and Ray try to fight it out in the middle of the reception. Ray had been drinking too much and bitterly throws some verbal punches to the hotheaded Gates who gives them back with an actual punch. Pratt throws Ray out of the building, gently of course but still. Tony gets to stay...and most of the staff are drunk so in my opinion a cruel act from Pratt. I kinda felt sorry for Neela thoug, she broke up with Gates, had two kisses from admirers and she was really confused. And then, Ray gets hit by a truck. Not an original way to write off a character like that...
  • Abby and Luka get married. Nelia is wanted by everyone at the party, and gets kissed by four different people.

I don't see why Abby was so mad. I would have been so excited. He took the time to plan and give you a very nice day. And the fact that it was a surprise made it that much better. I'm glad she didn't do what I thought she would do and run away. It made me cry but I was so happy for Abby. Since the show aired she has always kind of been unhappy. I'm glad the writers have given her a chance for once to be happy in life. I was wishing Carter was going to make a surprise guest appearence for the wedding but I guess I'll add him later in my dreams. Can't wait for next week to see what will happen now.
  • Every now and then, there's an episode where you just can't stop crying.

And yep, this was certainly one of those episodes.

Okay, so I'm a sucker for emotional music and teary-eyed actors, but there's no show like ER for bringing me to tears.

Finally Abby (whom I always hoped and wished would end up with Carter) is settling down with the most sensible and wonderful man the show has ever seen. Who could wish for anything more than Luka? I mean, really?

Anyway, the Neela storyline is wearing a bit thin for me - even though the massive amount of people now piling on her is slightly amusing.
    Of course we knew Ray was going to be hit by a car long before he actually was - but what has now left me a bit puzzled is the bit of video we saw right after. It seemed like a goodbye of sorts, and as Ray was always my first choice for Neela, I am now anxious to see where this is going...
  • another near season ender

Ok this episode answered 1 question, will luka and abyy ever marry, but has lest the door open for many more questions. Is gates coming back? Is Ray dead. Is Ray lying in an er with no memory of who he is. Will Neela finally decide who she wants ray or gates? This episode would have been a good season closer that leaves you hanging till October, I'm glad it was not the season closer. And why wasn"t abby's mother invited to the wedding Luka had planned this for a while, but no mention was made of it. Great show as always.
  • A long time coming but worth every minute of the wait.

Luca and Abbey, the ER's not so golden golden couple finally tie the knot in a beautiful ceremony worthy of the love the characters have for each other. Exquisitely acted by all the cast members, with a stunningly beautiful script featuring one of E. E. Cummings' poems. Those who've been watching this classic show will know Abbey's initial stunned reaction to be a testament to her character, srong and wilful but not unreasonable, Lica her perfect match knew how to compliment this perfectly, these characters have worked hard at their relationship, and they deserved a huge farewell from the ER. Kudos guys, gonna miss you!
  • With the ER still closed the focus turns to the staff party. Turns out that Luka has another plan for the party. And so much ensues at a wedding, likely due to all the romance in the air.

WOW! About fringin time! I was leary about the episode title, but in the end it wasn't Abby they were reffering to. So Abby freaks out when she walks in on her surprise wedding. After a little coaxing, she warms up to the fact she is about to be married. Neela looked drop-dead gorgeous! What a space to rent! That had to cost a bit! And who bought the ecstasy? It was not directly mentioned, but it was VERY apparent there was "something in the water" Cuz everyone was making out, and did that open my eyes to see whose lips were locked. Archie and Hope...Timmy hitting on anything with a heartbeat. It was hilarious, and I think it may be a future plot point with these health care professionals on X. I'm surprised they didn't have Abby's Mom there, or her brother. The Jewish rabbi was a nice touch. Kinda made it a multi-denominational wedding that anyone could be happy with. And the fight...well, I didn't know who was going to come to blows first, Lucient or Ray. It was Tony going out of his way, setting his drinks down to throw the first punch. And didn't we all see it coming when Ray was stumbbling around the streets what was to happen. Seems like that should be the cliffhanger for the season. I hope they bring him back to life, cuz in the real world, he'd be roadkill. Has anyone heard about that actor's contract or any chatter?

BRAVO, Great episode...just wished I watched this AFTER Grey's, as I would have went to bed with a good taste in my mouth.
  • wedding time xD

omg, this episode was soo goood.

it couldnt be better trust me, but i hate tony and ray, they are trying to ruin the wedding.
    i loved when abby said ; first of all , first of all , i love you, i do. and you've helped me through alot.
    and we got here, together with a beautiful little boy. and i , i was thinking of a poem for.. actually before when i was getting read and i think it starts ; i carry your heart in my heart, im never without it. anywhere i go, you go... i probably messing the whole thing up but if.... i think it goes; and this is the wonder that keeps the stars apart, i carry your heart, i carry it in my heart.. so i guess that what im saying is just to try love eachother you know, the rest of the years.

it was so beautiful.
    abby was so beautiful.
    and luka handsome.. :)

i wouldnt miss this episode for anything, even school !!!
  • wedding time xD

omg, this episode was soo goood.

and we got here, together with a beautiful little boy. and i , i was thinking of a poem for.. actually before when i was getting read and i think it starts ; i carry your heart in my heart, im never without it. anywhere i go, you go... i probably messing the whole thing up but if.... i think it goes; and this is the one thing that keeps the stars apart, i carry your heart, i carry it in my heart.. so i guess that what im saying is just to try love eachother you know, the rest of the years.

it was so beautiful.
    abby was so beautiful.
    and luka handsome.. :)

i wouldnt miss this episode for anything, even school !!!
  • The ER dinner turns into a surprise wedding for Abby and Luka. Neela is caught between Mae Lee, Gates, Ray AND Dubenko. And as lust continues to travel around the guests an unexpected accident ends the show.

I think this episode was put together brilliantly. The wedding was unconvetional and dark and funny, and had all those aspects that reflect Luka and I believe moreso Abby, who was reluctant as usual. It did an amazing job at integrating many of the characters in subtle ways such as with Dubenko's drunken comments, Timmy's moves on every nurse from the ER (female and male!) and Sam and Brian (I think that's his name :) making out. It was funny to watch the ER staff let go of their inhibitions and in some cases, such as Gates, it was diasppointing. Gates as usual was the lowlight for me, he didn't provide any depth but conitnued to be a manipulative person, stringing Neela along and hurting Ray in the process.

Ray, at the end with the truck, was shocking, and I hope everything turns out alright, It's clear that TPTB are trying to make his storylines more appealing and substantial.

All in all a great episode that I can't wait to rewatch, brilliantly done and kudos to the actors!
  • No ER, such a great wedding, so many jokes, poor Ray... The kind of special that a 11/10 score should be reserved for.

Can you imagine a whole wedding episode in like CSI where having feelings is so not the point? It's so rare to get away from all the usual stuff for a whole episode, and it was so beautiful, it's not a problem at all that there were no patients. Except for Ray, if he makes it at all, man... I feel so sorry for him, I've been down that road, too, I so understand what's happening to him. I never imagined I could laugh that much watching an ER episode, but it happened. Lucian telling Luka not to hurt Abby so many times, oh my god. Such a bad day for Neela, when she translated that Punjabi sentence, I 'bout fell off my chair, and besides the two man who love her, we got two new fans, I was having the time of my life seeing that happen. And by the way, I was so afraid of the title "I don't", thank god that wasn't for Abby.
  • "Going to the...um...warehouse....and we're gonna get maaarrrried!"

David Zabel's attempt to create an Abby/Luka 'anti-wedding' hit the mark on every score. Alluding to the couple's long and bumpy history with one another, Abby's long and bumpy road toward giving up some of the control she holds on to so tightly and Luka's long and bumpy journey toward expressing his own romantic core effectively came to a head and burst into a gloriously delicious wedding ceremony. All of the jagged edges of something 'different' fit together seamlessly. Abby's desire to not have a wedding like they had before was satisfied.....by Luka. How sweet that he was listening to everything she said as she tried to put their dream wedding together herself. How romantic of him to pull it all together. Not a backyard or a church but a warehouse loft. Not a priest or a minister but a nicely comedic and sweet rabbi. Not taffeta or tulle but a stunning and simple Yves St. Laurent. A Punjabi 'blessing' that turned out to be a bit about markets and meats and fish - and the secret kept between Hope and Neela. And the vows....one practiced and said with the heart and one completely off the top of a very emotional head....and instantly perfect for the people that were saying them. Wow. Maura Tierney and Goran Visnjic have chemistry up the wazoo...and it's going to be missed.

Hope and Morris were wonderfully written tonight...as always. Hope's drive to have the perfect wedding was duly appreciated finally....by Abby. How nice to see her able to acknowledge that. How nice to see Hope comment "So you're not going to ....hurt....me?" Hee. Even the flower girl's sniping about the bride whining got a pure Abby responsed. Hee. Didn't really like Abby being pushed into the aisle. I could deal with her hesitations but would have been much more comfortable with her taking a deep breath and then moving on her own. But watching her face as she looked around and then caught sight of Luka waiting for her, the heart melting, the tiny smile and then the confident steps forward.....wow. Maura Tierney accomplished it all without a single spoken word. There was a huge lump in my throat. Poor, poor Neela. Not only does she have the attentions of Ray and Gates and Dubenko....but now Mae Lee. Julia Ling's were the only scenes that fell flat in the entire episode. (I wondered what she was doing there? Surgeons at an ER function? Crenshaw I could buy as Jane's date and Dubenko I could buy as chief of surgery but a med student that has clearly miffed more than one person in the ER? Totally out of place. As she also came off as the teenager with a hickey that she originally played in season 12...not a medical student. Very wierd casting.) It seemed that Neela had finally settled her feelings for Ray versus Gates and things were going to settle down for her. Poor, poor Ray. Patient to a fault and never privy to the Neela/Gates moments that he needed to see. The truck bearing down on him at the end....followed by a white fade in to his words and face on the previously shot video brought us from heart stopping and horrifying back to the joy of the wedding. My heart was breaking. Excellent bit of writing and directing.

Just as Dubenko noted, the ER crew knows how to party. I don't recall Sam having much to say. It was enough to see her content and happy smile as Abby made her way up the aisle to Luka. Timmy was a riot hitting on every 'hot nurse' in the ER....even Malik to his dismay. But I missed Jerry. And where the heck was Haleh?????
  • "Going to the...um...warehouse....and we're gonna get maaarrrried!"

• One of the most anticipated and magnificent weddings in ER history finally arrives. Of course, not without a flare of drama and chaos!

By all means, this was one of the all-time greatest ER episodes I have ever watched. The episode begins with Ray paying a trip to the, at the time, defunct ER to pick up a very special gift for Neela. Eerily, the ER sits vacant, quiet, and inundated with plastic sheets, from floor to sealing. Viewers are then taken to Neela’s doorstep, to see Gates arrive unexpectedly, trying to sweep Neela off her feet to the so-called “ER faculty dinner”. Neela isn’t impressed, but continues to give-in to Gates. Abby is astonished to find that this faculty dinner is anything but business...it’s her wedding! Abby stubbornly scolds Luka for the surprise, but after much discussion and debate on both sides, Abby comes to terms with the Luka-Hope-Morris concoction, and agrees to go through with the wedding--even if it was with a grain of salt. The service was touching, lighthearted, and dazzling--everything that fits the definition of an Abby-Luka dream wedding. Abby and Luka are finally pronounced husband and wife, in the presence of friends, coworkers, and family (most notably Baby Joe). I thought it was a great touch to see Neela as Abby’s maid of honor and Pratt as Luka’s best man, knowing the rough terrain these four have had to overcome on the path of their careers over the years. When all seems perfect, things turn sour--Ray takes Gates’ authoritative and overpowering ways into his own hands. A less than classy fight occurs during the reception, and punches are thrown--ending with Ray being led out of the hall by Pratt. Distraught, Neela lays down the law with Gates, stating that there is no chemistry to continue what they’ve had. But even this tacky fight didn’t cast a shadow over the celebration. Through it all, the episode ends with a heart-stopper--an extremely drunk Ray staggers out of a bar, and is struck by a truck, after bending down to pick his cell phone up from the street. Once again, this is an absolutely flawless episode, despite the very tacky Gates-Ray fight, with Neela stuck in the middle, as usual. But you also have to take into account the notable comic relief scattered about the episode. Hope and Morris played amazing rolls in the episode, and I really think, besides Abby and Luka, Hope and Morris were the standouts. Kudos to the writers and actors/actresses who put on this true gem of ER.
< 1 2