ER

Motherhood

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM May 11, 1995 on NBC

• Sad episode

A really moving one, on all the stories and somehow everything is going to end - all those ruined lovestories. Diane propose that she and Doug would move in and the way it comes out - Doug has ability to ruin everything.

And Mark.. even thought he acts like he does not care, he still - there are cases that makes him trough everything away and I am sure Jenn won't go with it.

And Carol.. oh.. poor one.. and Susan - she is like only one with clear sense in the world of madness. Why she has to hold all the responsibility and be the only one acting like grown up? Poor one too..

And Peter.. I told you, this episode made me cry...
  • Tarantino comes to ER and gets the best out of it.

In fact, this episode pays tribute to women. It starts with Little Suzie being born and it ends with Peter's mother dying. It is the cycle of life. In the middle we find a 7-year-old girl with a heart disease, teenagers stabbing each other because of a boy, a young woman with an O.D. close to death, and a divorced mother who discovers that her boyfriend is too afraid to start a life together.

Tarantino explores the ER world and films shots never done before. The scene on the rooftop with Susan and Carol having a sunbath is unique, and later when they both walk through ER with their sunglasses on... it's Reservoir Dogs all over. Another fine example is the scene where Benton sits beside his mother while his sisters watches him from the doorway, the camera (and therefore the audience) doesn't move, the characters do.

The compositions, the long shots, even the dialogs, make this episode one of a kind. For example, the basketball scene. It is one long shot only interrupted when the key question is asked, it leaves the audience without seeing the answer, although we can hear it.

The blood and the flesh, the joy and the sadness, the life and the death, all of them come together in this superb episode of a terrific series. A magnificient example of what entertainment and television should be.
  • Tarantino directs an ER episode!!

Susan and Caarol sunbathes at the roof and talkes about the latest events in their lives. Susan gives birth to her own niece with the helps of Carter and singing like crazy "take these broken wings and learn to flyyyy!!!":D The walk when Susan and Carol comes back from the roof, with the sunglasses, Yosemite Sam t-shirt of Susan and their barefoot scenes with the bloody traumas Quentin Tarantino makes this episode unique and remarkable. Chloe finally realises that its a hard job to be a mother and there are lots of bad thing that can happen. Susan is forced to be a second mother to her niece... Great!!!
  • a bittersweet Mother's Day

The only Mother's Day episode in ER history is filled with loss and miracles. It was a great episode, and that was added to by the fact that it was directed by Quentin Terrentino. We see two extremes with the two storylines. First we see Susan and Chloe's joy with the birth of their baby. This was a true milestone in ER history, because it will be important over the next 7 seasons. The birth scene is very well done. In the other scene, we see Peter's sadness about the death of his mother. It was an important point in Peter's development as a person. This is such a great episode because of the contrasting emotions.