ER

Never Say Never

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Oct 18, 2001 on NBC

• When did Carry became everyone's enemy?

7.8
    This episode - it was very informing and taking deeper look into many chars.

Mainly it was Weaver and Chen. Weaver is so... bossy, and on bad mood all the time, hostile and unfriendly. And then there is no reason to wonder why everyone is not friendly with her. I mos say on those times when Lewis where there first, she was much more friendlier. Jeanie and Carol.. and it looked that with Chen too but as it comes out this episode - she is out to protect herself. After little thinking and the end scene I think I might start to understand her. From long time she has carried a secret she is ashamed and cannot share with everyone. She is creating that hostile surrounding herself as she thinks they are her enemies. That could be behind it.

And Chen... She thought that Weaver was trying to help her and first I think, it was about that but when Weaver felt that she is in danger, she panic. And Chen - the words she said at the roof - to be sure it is worth all the sacrifices they are going to make. Such a great thought thinking back for all what they have gone trough. And say that to Carter - the stabbing, Lucy, the addiction and his friend when he was still on medschool.. and there plenty of other things...

Very thought provoking episode.
  • Many good point but some bits let it down..

The return of susan was good to see , i did find it a bit akward though when she was knocking on the window of the trauma room like geese lady can't you see he's kinda busy..
    I also enjoyed the scene where the waitress came in to get her hand checked by Luka and abby was taking the mick that made me lauf .!

Oh and then the scenes with the kid i think "john-thomas" oh such a spoilt brat but to see abby and luka smiling was great and then for him to tell her she was pretty soo sweet..
    Luka: I think he's going to Toys R'Us.
    Abby: Oh yeah. (laughs) What?
    Luka: I have'nt seen you smile for a while. Forgot how pretty you were.
    Abby: Thank you... (he leaves) ... I guess

The downfall of this episode is weaver i had forgotten how much i hated her in the earlier seasons going to the meeting to save her own ass was pathetic , but i don't blame her for firing malucci.

The storyline with elizabeth treating the six year old edwards syndrome patient was really touching i felt so sorry for the little boy after his parents had abandoned him.!
  • good and Bad

The stories were great, especially the little boy being abandoned, and the father killing himself so his family could have insurance mony, but it haled the departure of two of my favorite charecters, and the Malluchhi departure was not one of there better write outs, and of course on the positive side the return of Susan, overall tho a good show
  • Lewis returns, Chen quits, Malucci's firing stands.

6.8
    It was nice to see Sherry Stringfield return, as she was one of my favorites from the first few seasons. This episode reminds me, however, of why I hate Weaver. The first is how she attends the meeting with Romano, Chen, and risk management purely to save her own ass and then matter of factly tells Chen about risk managements decision with no compassion whatsoever. I think they could have done more with Erik Palladino's final scene though, as Weaver was in the lounge as Malucci cleaned out his locker.