ER

Shifting Equilibrium

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Mar 19, 2009 on NBC

• Yay for conclusions!

Neela's story got wrapped up in this episode and I couldn't be more pleased. The episode jumps back and forth throughout different times of her last day at County, part of which is spent in a tearful goodbye with Brenner at the airport. She does some work during the day, but its not all that exciting. She winds up with 2499 surgeries because the potential one she had that day ended up not happening. There is also a farewell party given for her and it was cool to see her put her locker name tag up with in the hall of fame. Throughout the whole episode no one says where she is going, but there are hints such as when Brenner says when he catches her at the airport, "You'd be flying over Missouri right now." Therefore, up until the final minutes I was saying Baton Rouge! Baton Rouge! And amazingly, that's where she went! With a very pleased Ray to greet her. It may have taken years to get those kids together, but happily the writers are giving us what we want at this point. Neela also has a phone call with Abby for a couple minutes, so check her off the list of cameos. The only other plot point was a fight between Morris and his girlfriend. In which he decides he's an jerk because he was worried about her going back to work. Yay Reela!