ER

The Greatest of Gifts

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Dec 14, 2000 on NBC

• Look for hope...

Cordey and Greene are on New York for second opinion on Mark's cancer and despite Mark negative thoughts and the conversation Cordey over hears, there will be operation and they promised extra time for Mark.

On the same time, they are not the only one looking for hope. Benton finds a little girl whose parents are using her to help her sister who has leukemia. After conversation with girl's mother who has no troubles telling that they might have get her earlier than they planned as they needed donor for the other kid. And there is nothing he can do.

Chen is on labor and then has second thoughts about giving up the baby.
  • Greene and Corday look for hope in Nyc, Chen gives birth and hands the baby over to his adoptive parents whilst Carter relapses.

Mark and Elizabeth visited New York in the hope of a miracle whilst talking about their future. TV is such a bummer at times all the good characters get disasters hitting them it sucks , Greene just has that kind of funny sarcastic charm that makes him such an in-depth character. Glad to see someone has some compassion in that place they went to, it was starting to annoy me that most of them seemed interested in learning something from his case rather then helping. Refreshing to see Burke give a different spin on things.
    Chen gave birth and found it difficult to first acknowledge the fact she had a son then found it difficult to give him to his adoptive parents. In then end I think she realised Michael had a better chance with adoptive parents rather then her on her own. Carter relapsed on the whole drug problem by taking vicodin but then took control by reneging. A moment of weakness I guess but without Abby there to help I wonder what he would have done; coaxed himself into more depression resulting in further drug abuse I guess we’ll never know…

Awesome as usual..!