The War Comes Home

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Sep 27, 2007 on NBC

• Not bad, but certainly could've been better.

I admit I didn't have high hopes for Season 14 as I was the last person I knew to have seen it, and the reviews I had heard wern't encouraging. However, this episode was a good start. I'm enjoying more patient storylines. I was having semi-flashbacks to the early days of season's 1 and 2.:

The cast is smaller which I am liking. I know this is going to mean near-equal screen time unlike say, season 6 or season 10 in which the cast was above 10 and we only saw a few of those characters. A smaller cast is more personal. I love it.:

It should be noted that I actually LIKED Gates in this episode. Usually I am opposed to his arrogance but it worked for this episode over his concern for Neela. It was nice. Maybe it was the scene in which he lit a lighter in front of the culprit's face. But it will be interesting to see him up in the ICU.:

It was nice to see Abby emerge as a leader in this episode. As Luka's wife, and the doctor who has been at County the longest, it was crucial that she step up, and she did.:

Finally, Moretti. I don't know what to think of him. He's kind of a pain in the neck, truth be told.