Ergo Proxy Forums

WOWOW (ended 2006)

Final Episode - Deus Ex Machina *spoilers*

Gr33nHippo

[1]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 1

can someone clarify what happened in the last episode for me? who was vince fighting and whats up with Real-2 (daedalus' clone of real) and i didnt understand the final seconds with ergo proxy and those space crafts...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Asterisk09

[2]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 11
    Lemme give it a try. From what I understood and read about this episode, it turns out that Vincent/ Ergo Proxy was fighting the head proxy, a.k.a Proxy One. Proxy One wanted to have his revenge against the original humans who created them (the proxies) and were later going to destroy them with the Pulse of Awakening. When all the proxies were destroyed, the humans where going to return back to Earth and take over the land again. All this time they were up in space, waiting for the Earth to regenerate with the help of the proxies and the replicated humans (like the ppl of Romdeau created by the WombSys). Proxy One didn't wanted the proxies to die like insignificant tools, so he managed to convince Ergo to take on the humans and fulfill Proxy One's wish to get revenge against the original humans, who were coming back in space crafts, together with the sun. That's why Ergo says what he says at the very end. Ergo always ran away from his problems (just like Vincent), but Re-l made him face them during their journey. Meanwhile, Monad Proxy always made him turn away from the problems. Re-l was his reality, that's why she's 124C41 (one to forsee for one).

Re-l #2, she was the clone of Monad proxy and she grew wings and burnt up with the sun just like in Greek mythology of Daedalus and Icarus.

Gr33nHippo

[3]Aug 29, 2007
    that clears most of it up for me, i must have missed a lot of details... was there ever any hints about humans living up in space?

anyways thanks

Asterisk09

[4]Aug 29, 2007
    i think they refer to it in episode 15 during the game show. It was when they talked about the big spaceship in space and how people scrambled to get on it but some where left out and that's why everyone hated it so.

Gr33nHippo

[5]Aug 31, 2007
    oh.. i thought that was a random filler episode so i skipped it

Asterisk09

[6]Sep 6, 2007
    lol, at first ep 15 doesn't make any sense until you watch the ending. After watching the whole series, go back to episode 15 and it makes more sense, especially all of those clues about Proxy One.

danharr

[7]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 45
    Ok that explains everything perfectly I knew Vincent was going to kill all humans but didn't get why.