E's Otherwise

(ended 2003)

E's Otherwise Fan Reviews (8)

7.6
  • love

i love this anima
  • A really well put together show and one of my personal favourites.

The show is set in a world where certain people known as E's have developed special psychic powers. One such E is Kai Kudo who works for AESES a secret organisation that struggles to 'maintain the peace'. However, when Kai is hurt durring a mission and nursed back to health by a young girl he starts to realise that the world is not quite as he thought and that perhaps he wasn't fighting for the right side after all.

In many ways his show reminds me of Gundam - lots of politics and moral ambiguity not too mention people who change sides so often that I am surprised they have time to do anything else. All in all though it is very well written and very compelling.
  • Not a very good anime.

E's Otherwise is a below average anime.

In the near future, following a war, corporations have come into control of the world. Ashurum is one such coorporation, specializing in handling a new class of psychics that have arisen. Feared by the general population, they have a home at Ashurum, where they develop their abilities and work for Ashurum in helping other psychics or dealing with those who've become a threat.

The story revolves around one such psychics named Kai Kudou, who lived in Ashurum all his life with his sister who is sick. He joins AESES, the operation branch of Ashurum in gratitude for helping his sister. In doing so he comes to discover the real world, where humans hate psychics and doesn't understand why members of AESES are so ruthless to people until catastrophe strikes. Kai gets separated from AESES and is saved by Asuka Tokugawa. The real adventure begins from there.

Now on to my review. First the story I'd give a 3/10, I'm not sure where they were trying to go with it. Were they trying to do something between the X-Men and the anime Scryed, it just didn't work. The characters I'd give 1/10, the were uninteresting cardboard cut outs I didn't care about. The animation was 8/10, I thought it looked good. Finally the music is a 8/10, it sounded good for this type of anime. Overall I'd give it a 5/10, good to look at and listen to the music, but skip the rest.
  • Kai is an E'S or a person with psychic powers. He is recruted by a big comglomerate, one of twelve that now run the world. At first he is content until he learns that he is being lied to. He leaves and moves in with a handyman and his sister who likes kai

This was a good show with well built characters and the art was simply amazing! The character voices were well done in both original Japanese and English. The art was of different types and looks almost real from paning shots. The backgrounds where veryied and not a lot of the scenery was repeated. The plots and back stories were also very well done and written. It satyed on track and didn't jump around and built suspence and mystery from the first episode. However the ending was a let down. There were only 26 episoeds but it looks and feels like there were a few more and that a piece or two is missing from the last few episodes. It does conclude but in a fashion that suggests theres more. Only a few of our questions were answered. I hope there is more to come but it doesn't look like it. All in all it was good though.
  • He calls him after coming home with her. He tells him that she dont want to talk to her about things and she has not even been to the hospital for a check after loosing the baby.

He calls him after coming home with her. He tells him that she dont want to talk to her about things and she has not even been to the hospital for a check after loosing the baby. Beth wants to tell him about her secret but she decide not to even if she knows it would have helped him in this situation. he is stressed about it all because she dont like her secret. Seb tries to support her as usual and he is telling her she is not the one doing something wrong but her is. It is not he fault that she keeps on with her lies.
  • Great show! Discovered it through Newtype-USA. Love it when people have powers!

Even though I've only seen the first three volumes (episodes one through ten), I think this show is great. It's set in the future, which makes thing more fun! ^__^ It's funny, too. Espsecially when Kai dressed up like a girl! *rolling on the floor and laughing becasue of what happened in episode nine* Can't wait to see the rest of the series!

Does anyone know why the episodes aren't posted up here?
  • World is run by 12 companies, one of which is Ashurum. Ashurum is filled with pyshics whose main objective is to wipe out guerilla units, but one hates to harm humans. He is hurt during a mission and goes mia unintentionally. Now he lives with and fights

One of the greatest new anime cartoons to come out in a while. I love the characters and enjoy the obvious tentions. I really can't wait to see Kai and shin-lu's brother go at it. Or kai and maxim. Those both are going to be awesome battles. The other new guy from episode 9 or 10, seems to be pretty powerful, but he doesn't bring the energy of character I want. He is energetic, but more stupidly malicious than driven. Shin-lu's brother hates humans and looks down upon kai for wanting to protect them, While Maxim looks at Kai as a waste of pyschic energy or something, who doesn't meet (that one guy who seems to run asurum, looks like Maxim alittle) expectations.
  • Awesome show! It's got phychics, romance, and sweet fighting! Where do I find more??

Kai is a E's, or a phychic. He works for the super powerful company ASHRUM, one of the 12 organizations that rule the world. He thinks life is great untill he is assigned a mission to basically destroy the city of Gald (by getting rid of guerilla organizations plotting against ashrum).
    The series is great I've only seen up to episode 7, but its awesome. I want to see more! Does anyone know how many episodes there are? The episodes page seems to be down.
    I can't wait to see more of this show, and possibly find the manga? :D