Eureka Seven Forums

Adult Swim (ended 2007)

Eureka seven ending a bit of a let down?

qasim005

[1]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    is it just me or was the ending a let down. i mean first of all they didn't show what happened after the war to crew, which i really wanted to see. Also why didn't renten and eureka come back home? Didn't Nirvash take over eureka's job at the end?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

crisrj214

[2]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 6
    The ending seemed to set the stage for another season or as I've seen talked about the forum a movie. If they run out of support it may never take off.

qasim005

[3]Jul 15, 2008

from what i've read on fourms there's a new movie coming but there's like 0% chance that there will be a new tv show

Brodoin15

[4]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 20

It's alwas possable that they will make a new season or a spin-off.

Did any of us think that there would be new Star Wars movies? Or another Indiana Jones movie? I doubt it.

So we may yet get more show.

qasim005

[5]Jul 15, 2008
    Brodoin15 wrote:

It's alwas possable that they will make a new season or a spin-off.

Did any of us think that there would be new Star Wars movies? Or another Indiana Jones movie? I doubt it.

So we may yet get more show.

There making a movie but from what i've heard a new show is unlikely. The thing which I didn't like is the fact that they only had like 5 minutes after the conclusion. They should have spend like at least a whole episode showing all the characters sorry acually the world. There just wasn't a proper goodbye

frank_thetank

[6]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 25
    Nope, I totally disagree. The ending was just amazing. Renton finally acted very maturely and that was great. The way he saved Eureka was awesome. Seeing the kids become part of the Thurston family was cute. Anemone and Dominic were together was touching. I really dont see anything wrong with it.

qasim005

[7]Jul 15, 2008

frank_thetank wrote:
    Nope, I totally disagree. The ending was just amazing. Renton finally acted very maturely and that was great. The way he saved Eureka was awesome. Seeing the kids become part of the Thurston family was cute. Anemone and Dominic were together was touching. I really dont see anything wrong with it.

what about the fact we didn't see renten come home also nothing to do with Talho and Holland with the babe. also nothing to do with any of the other crew members. Like i said if they accually spend a whole episode on the ending and not just 5 minutes they could of sorted this out. it was just rushed

Brodoin15

[8]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 20

I also like the ending.

But I do think they should've had a clip or pictures of Talho and Holland's baby, along with the other members of Gekko-State.

qasim005

[9]Jul 15, 2008
    like i said they should have spend at least a whole episode saying the goodbyes. guys whats the chace the rest of the characters beside renten and eureka will be in the movie, also whats the chance there'll be a new series

frank_thetank

[10]Jul 15, 2008
    qasim005 wrote:

frank_thetank wrote:

what about the fact we didn't see renten come home also nothing to do with Talho and Holland with the babe. also nothing to do with any of the other crew members. Like i said if they accually spend a whole episode on the ending and not just 5 minutes they could of sorted this out. it was just rushed

I'll agree with not showing Talho and Holland with the baby but who gives a crap about the others. Renton and Eureka didnt come home so that people even though the series has ended people will speculate why they didnt come home. It keeps a discussion about the show and people will wish for an explanation. Now they are getting it in the form of a movie just like what they did with FMA.

qasim005

[11]Jul 16, 2008
    frank_thetank wrote:
    qasim005 wrote:

frank_thetank wrote:

I'll agree with not showing Talho and Holland with the baby but who gives a crap about the others. Renton and Eureka didnt come home so that people even though the series has ended people will speculate why they didnt come home. It keeps a discussion about the show and people will wish for an explanation. Now they are getting it in the form of a movie just like what they did with FMA.

that does make sense but Still when you watch 50 episodes and its finally finshed, no more problem, happiness, the viewers want to see all the characters they have been watching for all the episode say there goodbyes. even if you don't wanna see the other Lot of people did. do you think they'll be in the movie also whats the Chances of a new TV show

frank_thetank

[12]Jul 16, 2008
    qasim005 wrote:
    frank_thetank wrote:
    qasim005 wrote:

frank_thetank wrote:

that does make sense but Still when you watch 50 episodes and its finally finshed, no more problem, happiness, the viewers want to see all the characters they have been watching for all the episode say there goodbyes. even if you don't wanna see the other Lot of people did. do you think they'll be in the movie also whats the Chances of a new TV show

From what I've heard the original set of characters should be in the movie so hopefully theyll answer some questions about what happened to the characters after the battle. The problem I have is when they do make a movie and again leave a open ending, which hopefully they wont, then we will still have this discussion about the ending being a letdown.

qasim005

[15]Jul 16, 2008
    frank_thetank wrote:
    qasim005 wrote:
    frank_thetank wrote:
    qasim005 wrote:

frank_thetank wrote:

From what I've heard the original set of characters should be in the movie so hopefully theyll answer some questions about what happened to the characters after the battle. The problem I have is when they do make a movie and again leave a open ending, which hopefully they wont, then we will still have this discussion about the ending being a letdown.

whats the chance that they will also make a new tv series

jakedyl

[16]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 1

Actually the movie for Eureka Seven is still in production. We have no idea if show will end or have another series of it. The reason why we have no idea is because the movie is being made and we have no idea what will happen. All we know is during the movie there will be Eureka and Renton as the main characters. The movie may provide us the infomation we need to know its ending or not. Hopefully the show will not end as it had about 4 seasons only. Since their making the movie, the show may continue, if not too bad, shows end at one point. Say most anime only had around 24 episodes, this is because not too much people watched it. If people give more ratings, reviews and more watchers for the movie and the show, the chances of the show continuing is a higher chance. I hope they make it through, and keep the show airing new episodes, including movies! Maybe more then 1 more series if were lucky and get atleast 1 more series for it. We still shouldn't give up for the show continuing, as we didn't hear anything about Naruto until Shippuden was announced.

DeoXan

[17]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 1

qasim005 wrote:
    is it just me or was the ending a let down. i mean first of all they didn't show what happened after the war to crew, which i really wanted to see. Also why didn't renten and eureka come back home? Didn't Nirvash take over eureka's job at the end?

I dont think the ending was a letdown, nor do I feel that they should stop this story here, its simply an amazing anime. The thing I think everyone is disapointed about is how short it was, im not sure an exact timeframe but if i had to guess id say in the last episode there was like 3 mins of renton and eureka together. This anime is one of the first I've seen that didn't ruin the ending by killing off a main character. If you check out veoh.com you'll see all 50 episdoes are rated 4.5-5 solid stars with 50-100 people voting on them. Not only is it high rated but it also made it over the snag point that ruins most other animes, which end after like 20 episodes or less. I highly feel that the producers would be fools not to make more, but i feel the cut there own throats. They gave every character a happy ending, which makes it pretty hard to keep it going. I wish from the bottom of my heart that it continues but the fact is its over, no more nirvash, no more enimies to overcome, i dont see how they can continue. And on the comment about what happens to the crew after all this is irrelevent, the show is all about the crew and life on the gecko, who cares about them living happy in some house. Theres nothing i want to see but renton and elreka being together and going through hell to get that way.

SARAHmcrmy

[18]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 24
    Awh, I've got to disagree. It was the complete opposite of a let down for me. I just loved it! E7's ending is up there with my favorites. It has to be one of the best I've ever seen. Even though it wasn't a very definite one, the movie coming out will probably clear any unanswered questions. (:
    Edited on 08/13/2008 12:20am
    Edited 2 total times.

crisrj214

[19]Aug 22, 2008
    I have noticed one thing from watching many different anime series: the endings don't usually answer every question. Some that end like this are not intended to continue with another series. I say let's just be glad we're getting something past the cliff.

heyvid21

[20]Sep 21, 2008
    I personally find E7 to have the best ending of pretty much any anime I've ever seen...