Eureka Seven

Into the Nature

Aired Sunday 1:00 AM Jun 24, 2006 on Adult Swim

• Finally a great episode.

I’ve heard so many good things about this series, but I haven’t actually seen it prior to it’s AS airing. I figured, “Why not catch it dubbed on Adult Swim”. Well, I was a bit disappointed, not with the dub, but with the series. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t as good as people say it is. This episode, however, finally kicks the series into overdrive, at least I hope.

As if the series didn’t have enough unsolved mysteries, this episode just throws some more out there. Such as, what’s wrong with Eureka, and just what the heck is a Corallian? Sure I have my guesses, but more mysteries this early on are always a good thing. The thing I like a lot about this series is that Renton, like us, has no clue about anything. I’m not saying he’s dumb, just that he’s left in the dark like us. So, when we discover something shocking, he will too. Also, the cliffhanger really got me excited. The next episode preview interested me as well, as it appears Renton is in a dream sequence like world. Of course, I’m probably totally wrong. But, it still seems interesting.

If my assumption is correct about the series in general, then this is a very special episode for me, as it just might have sparked what will be an obsession with this series. I jut hope the next episode and the ones that follow that are just as god, and if not, better!