Eureka Seven

When You Wish Upon A Star

Aired Sunday 1:00 AM Apr 28, 2007 on Adult Swim

• Wonderful ending to a wonderful series, except . . . why couldn't Renton and Eureka come back before the end?

When I started this review I was of the opinion the only thing this episode lacked was Renton and Eureka coming back home. Yet, as I was writing that review, I realized they have all they need, each other. Where they live together doesn't matter. All that matters is their being together.

Of course, what I miss are the stories / adventures Renton and Eureka have together in their new home. I'll also miss their being with their children, which I find sort of bad form for them. Yes, part of what made the second Summer of Love possible was their willingness to sacrifice everything they loved evening leaving the ones they loved behind.

Yet what the Coralians failed to understand is the sacrifice those left behind will be making each and every day they live and even when they die. What sacrifice? Not having their Mama, Dad, Grandson, Grand daughter-in-law, friend, etc.

Of course it was well worth it for everyone on both side gain much, as one does with love. Yet, there is sorrow. If only the powers that be would address this issue for us. Let us see Renton and Eureka again, together, with their entire family from both series say in a mini-series (13 episodes). Is that too much? After all aren't we suppose to be wishing upon a star? ;-) Peace, love, a good lifting!