Eureka

A New World

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jul 16, 2010 on Syfy

• Great reprising roles (Spoilers ahead)

I loved this episode, especially the return of sheriff Andy. That guy really cracks me up, especially when he called Carter out on his attempt to find out what had changed in the alternate timeline.
    But seriously - a great episode. The balance has been jumbled, which is very great to see. Especially Fargo taking advantage of his promotion (and bullying Larry with crazy suggestions). I also like the new dimension in the Zane-Jo connection, him being obnoxious as ever. It makes him a better character, but I liked him more when he was with Jo. They are so sweet together! Luckily, Jo's life isn't completely miserable. And dr. Grant is a wonderful addition here, it brings back a bit of the old Nathan and Carter bickering. I like it that the five big characters of Eureka take eveything in stride, even being thrown into the 1940's and back in an alternate timeline. That is the strength of Eureka, it's refreshing to see. Big plus for me also is Kevin, who can show what he's worth by playing two such different characters. It's a good way to shake things up for the coming season, and I would like to see what happens. I'm intrigued by it, since none of the changes are too destructive to what they've built over the years. I'm certain Jo will win Zane back. And I must say - great way to give Jo a possible promotion. I like the addition of dr. Grant to the cast (maybe I'm preliminary and it will reverse back next episode, but I don't think so). And Martha as a security enforcer! Brilliant. The only thing I'm not so certain about... Fargo being head of GD? What the - ?
    Well, in short, I loved this episode.