Eureka

A Night at Global Dynamics

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 02, 2007 on Syfy

• This episode was nothing more than an average one.

This episode was nothing more than an average one. It was more of a filler, and felt like a regular episode instead of a series finale. In my conception the season finale and premiere should be remarkable episodes. There was nothing remarkable about this episode. But here's my cons and pros for it:

Pros: I really loved the way that Jack and Nathan work under pressure and the chemistry between them. They are a great team despite their differences. I also loved the fact that we saw Henry's clean face in a long time. He was in a very dark spot for a long time, and i really thought he allied with Beverly. Instead he shows us that he can manipulate her just like she tried to do to him :). Zane + Fargo was also a nice combo, i'd like to see this team in the future for sure. They are like a well oiled machine when it comes to computers. And i really really really loved what happened to Allison and her son. She deserved it for not coming clean to Jack about the "artifact-in-the-son" thing. She deserved worse for hiding something that big.

Cons: The episode was preety much a filler, there wasn't much suspense and the way Allison acted when it came to saving her son. She basically didn't even opose Beverly and Henry and at the end she stepped back when she should've protected her son with her own life. Also, i didn't like what i thought Henry became untill the end and that really disturbed me, a character of his class going a full 180 from good to bad. What i don't understand is how 4 people can miss out on a **** women while she's punching in coordinates for the teleporting machine and then miss her by a second. Guess the writers still need her in the upcoming season but it was a bit of a strech.

To sum it up the episode wasn't the worst one i saw, but it could've been much much better. A season finale that feels like a regular one just isn't worth watching. I hope the writers come up with some more original ideas in the future, if not... I'll probably quit watching Eureka.
  • Must we always, ALWAYS be fed the unconvincing, unoriginal and potentially disastrous line that one child (or whomever) is worth all the knowledge in the world?!?

Fist of all, we've seen it a million times, everywhere. Whatever the odds, whatever the situation, whatever the prize on the other side, we'll save the child/wife/girlfriend. And it always works. Well, great.
    Only, the first time it doesn't - the planet blows up, there is a global war, we revert back to the stone age etc.
    But who cares, because we did the noble thing. It's human, right? Sure, it's human: Incredibly, catastrophically, even criminally STUPID.
    Thinking with our hearts is one thing - helping people in need, taking care of your loved ones, sacrificing yourself for them or the common good, but until the human race stops using that for an excuse to be just and right in the face of something huge and mindblowingly more important, we will indeed NOT be ready for the Artefact.
    Also, the episode was really not up to par.
    Here's to some more weirdness the next season and to less general sappiness.
  • Yes it is a filler episode used to fill some of the qs raised in the 2nd series but it is a very good filler episode

Yes it is a filler episode used to fill some of the qs raised in the 2nd series but it is a very good filler episode. We needed answers about the artefact and Beverly and the whole connection between them ans we got them. It also eliminated the question about Henry. i don't care how 'I care about the world' someone is. There is no way you would work along side the woman who killed the woman you love. i'm glad Henry's integrity has been restored.

Also i wonder where Henry is being taken. i hope he doesn't leave the series. He is the best character ever. I really want him to return in some form. Please hurry up series 3. I'll have no nails left from the suspense

In short, top marks for this episode. Also GO HENRY
  • At least The Artifact story is over.

Last week on Eureka, there was a voracious metal eating bacteria that attacked all of the towns structures. That crisis was averted only for the town go into chaos again. Henry Deacon tells Sheriff Jack Carter that the metal eating bacteria has starting attacking the iron in humans. He says that it will be a matter of hours before everyone in the town is suffering from the effects. Alarms start to go off all over the Global Dynamics building. The main office that Henry, Beverly, Allison and Kevin are in plummets to a secure subsection of the building. Nathan Stark is made acting director of Global Dynamics. It is bitter sweet because if he doesn't evacuate everyone from the building, they all will be subject to "thermal cleaning". It's a type of security "feature" that kills all organic matter and sounds like a metric buttload of fun.

Henry and Beverly confront Allison and tell her that she has to let them help Kevin. Allison is like, "Yeah right!" Kevin is like, "Totally not!" Henry is really scary in this scene. He starts to yell about taking Kevin away. I don't like him and I'm bothered by it. Beverly starts to babble about the Akashic Field. Because Kevin has been inhabited by the artifact, she says that he has tapped into the same stuff as DaVinci, Tesla and Einstein. She also says that she and Henry want to take Kevin to a "consortium of people" that will protect him from being a government lab rat. This is the same lady that is responsible for Henry's girlfriend's death, spying on citizens and she's fresh out of GITMO. How does she imagine that she's credible? The geeky money shot of this episode is the subatomic reconstructive transport - a teleporter. Bev gets her panties in a twist because the technology was banned by the Stockholm Treaty. Allison says that it was built before that but never disassembled. Henry says he is going to use the tech to get Kevin out of the facility.

While all of this heady stuff is going on in the office now bunker, Jack, Nathan and Taggart are trying to rescue Allison and Kevin. Hazmat suits were torn and wise cracks ensued. The building even went HAL on everyone. It shot at them, mimicked personnel and tried to microwave them. There was even a moment where the group thought there were zombies in the building!

Henry reveals that a byproduct of using the teleporter is that it filters out contaminates and illnesses. The machine needs to use an old DNA profile of Kevin's. It needs to know his biological configuration before he was inhabited by the artifact in order to restore him to his normal state. Read: human reset button. All of this information was beginning to be too much for Allison so she starts a cat fight with Beverly. (The second cat fight this season might I add.) Kevin has a talk with Henry then Kevin tells Allison to stop her hair pulling and listen to Henry. Now all of a sudden, Kevin wants Henry's help.

Stark and Jack get to the morgue and look at the contaminated body that Henry showed as evidence that the metal bacteria had started attacking humans. Stark took one look at it and told Jack that the corpse had been mutilated by acid. There is no contaminate in the building. This whole incident was faked by Henry. This knowledge doesn't help them because the building is still trying to kill them. Fargo eventually finds a way to hack the building and save the day.

Henry set Kevin up to perform the procedure but Beverley wants to stop him. She says this is the closest that anyone has been to the Akashic Field in years. Doing the procedure on Kevin will destroy it. She pulls a weapon but Jack gets there in time to stop her. Nathan tells Henry to stop the procedure because Henry doesn't have the correct DNA profile on Kevin. They get the correct profile and Kevin is restored. It is still unsure if he is still autistic but he doesn't have powers anymore. Beverly used teleporter to get away. Henry turns himself into the authorities.

...OH!!!! ...and Nathan proposes to Allison!

The good: The artifact story is wrapped up. The humor and timing of this show is always perfect. When these actors get together it's like magic.

The bad: Kevin and his story does nothing for me. His character doesn't fit and this was a perfect opportunity to kill him off or make him go away. The Artifact and the Akashic Field was a little too hippie for me. There was a mystery to it but when it was put in Kevin, I didn't get it anymore. It's a scientific show and there just seem to be problems with the mysterious Artifact plot. It seems like the writers tried to do a good job with what they were give but something went wrong somewhere.

The ugly: I hate how Henry was handled. It feels like he was written into a corner. I thought Kim's death was supposed to make him an interesting character. Instead of moving on, he went really dark and has put several people's lives in danger because of his pain. I don't like how irresponsible and unstable they made him. He went from a very fun absent minded professor to a mad scientist. Joe Morton is an important part of this show for me. The "Henry" character started out as such a great role model. Now he's in jail and I don't know what they are going to do to his character to make him fun again. :(

I wonder what next season is going to be like? I can't wait!
  • Well not much to this season ender the whole thing was a strange mess to be quite honest. The resolution for Henry was he wasn't a bad guy but trying to help in light of no one listening to him. Not sure such a ruse was really

Well not much to this season ender the whole thing was a strange mess to be quite honest. The resolution for Henry was he wasn't a bad guy but trying to help in light of no one listening to him. Not sure such a ruse was really needed working with Beverly and taking Allison and son hostage seems a bit much. Beverly who has been reduced to what some shows would call monster of the week status. Disappeared in a tele-porting machine to i'm sure to cause trouble at a later date. With the artifact out of Allison's son the only other resolution to this one was Carter and Henry making peace with each other. I have to say some one liners and lots of back and forth trying to see what would become of Allison and crew was the only thing really going on in this episode. Really disappointing I have to say felt like a regular episode and not a season finale.
  • The Long Night

This is part two as well as the season finale of Season 2. This I'll admit was a pritty good first two parter for the show though sadly is wasn't exactly spetacualar as I expected it to be. But I'll talk about the pros before I get to the cons.

What I liked was the suspensful sittuation they all of the characters were in. From the interplay between Alison, Henry, and Beverly which I'll admit was a bit intense because you weren't sure not just of Henry true intentions but also how far he might have fallen. And the presence of Beverly doesn't help, I can also see she's not just cold, manipulative but also has a bit of a god complex. And then there is the matter with Kevin, whether the artifact can be safely extracted from him or not. But most of all I really liked Alison she really showed strength of her character.

Meanwhile we see Nathan, Carter, and Tagart venture into the building to simply get from point A to B safely, like in a video game. Of coruse with the guidence help of Zane and Fargo tracking them from afar. I really like the fact that once again Nathan and Carter work together despite differnces, but stength in the character Nathan he really does have a heart when it is truely needed which I find an endearing factor about him, one small moment that shows it is when he discovers his suit is broken, knowing he may be infected with the virus but he goes on because he's not thinking about himself he cares about Alison and Kevin safety and wants to go on to save them despite knowing he might have little life left within him. But most of all the action with Zane and Fargo's end which is just as intense, it was interesting how there was this developed tention between the two due to the fact that they like the same girl, I wouldn't be supprised if this becomes a love triangle dynamic in Season 3.

But back to subject, I did like that dramatic twist at the end of the episode, when we finally discovered that Henry was a good guy all of this time, his intention for his current actions was truely to save Kevin's life, not just to do the right thing but give himself a chance to at least make things right again, save one life to at least make up for the life he failed to save.

I really like that moment when both Alison and Beverly fought. It was a long time coming Beverly deserved a butt kicking and I knew Alison would win the fight. And there was one moment when Alison was at her dramatic best when at one moment Kevin's condidtion was getting worse and so Henry and the rest had no choice but to activate the transporter machine to extract the artifact which unfortnately had a 50% chance of killing him due to it's past trials which were failures. They of course activate the machine and for a least a long 60 seconds when we don't see Kevin, we think Kevin might be dead and of course Alison just breaks down and cries, it was belieable just seeing that, same with the looks of Henry, Carter, and Nathan wondering if they could of done more. But of course that bad feeling ends once we see Kevin is alive and back.

But of course as we see everything as usual in Eurika is back to normal but things are not going to be the same. As the old saying goes for Henry's case good deeds don't go unpunished, the artifact is now lost, but also Nathan has proposed to becoming Alison's husband again.

I haven't given this episode a very high rating because the only problem with this episode is their just wasn't enough obsticles for Nathan and Carter to be chalanged by, I would think a big company like Global Dynamic would have many more creative traps for them to get past which would have been a lot of fun but oh well. But as usual this season finale really left a lot of questions like what's Henry's role going to be now, is he gone for good? Is Alison truely going to say yes to Nathan's deal, marrage back with an ex is not uncommon but is not also likely of becoming soild because problems of the past sometimes start up again. Is the dynamic and feelings Carter and Alison have for one another truely gone, after all Carter is living a different/alternate time zone so anything is possible. What has happened to the Artifact? Is Beverly really dead or did she excape? Is the town Eureka going to go to war with the evil conspiricy group, I hope that that conspiricy group becomes a big part in season 3 because I would really like to see more bad guys in the show, to raise the stakes. In fact the big question now is what is next for Eureka? Well till next season.
  • I love this show!

I really like this show but I was a little disappointed and I really don't know why. Maybe because I don't trust Stark I know he and Carter worked well together to save Henry Allison and Kevin. Beverly got away again! I was hoping that Carter would remember the dream and how he feels about Allison. I was hoping that Carter and Allison would keep getting close but when they had that dream sequence and Henry did something to Carter with his device, and the book that Carter wanted to give Allison he like forgot. I thought the thing with Fargo and Zane was good it set up a new plot for next season between Zane and Fargo to work together. I like that Joe's is getting to show her softer side but she still has her tough side. She held her own with the general and kept him from giving the order to kill everyone. Carter needs Henry so it will be interesting to see how they bring Henry back.
  • Carter and Stark work together to save Allison and Kevin

Truly superb episode and an excellent season finale. This episode wraps up all the storylines from this season while still leaving open options for a third season, which has been ordered, so yay, for a third season.

Carter, Stark and Taggart go down to the isolated GD command center which captured Henry and Beverly together with Allison and Kevin. Along the way they get help from Fargo and Zane who use SARAH to hack into the GD defence system. Their banter is excellent, very well acted and written too.

Jo has to convince a general that the biohazard alert is fake so as not to initiate an overall killing of people in the building to spread a disease that doesn't exist.

As it turns out, Henry is still one of the good guys and he admits to his crimes. It will be interesting to see how they will get him back for season 3. Carter needs Henry.
    Stark proposes to Ally was sweet, let's hope it works out for them and let's hope Kevin remains more active than before...
  • One of the best episodes ever.Everybody helped save each other's lives.It wrapped up everything that went on in season 2 and still left some questions tha could be used as plot devices for season three which is the way that a finale should be created.

This was one of the best episodes that eureka ever created.Everybody played a pivitol role in the finale and all were responsible for saving each others lives.It really wrapped up everything that was going on in season 2 and still left some questions tha could be used as plot devices for season three which is the way that a finale should be created.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

I like the fact that we didn't know that henry was good until the end of the episode..you really thought that he was the bad guy the enitre time and then he turned out to be good. The fact that we don't know what happend to beverly was a good thing. The hunt for her would make a good storyline for season three. Carter and stark working together was wonderful. They actually make a really good team when they put aside their differences. Now that they're not fighting over alison maybe they can get along better. Stark asking allison to marry him was so sweet. I like the fact that they managed to work out they're problems and i hope she says yes. Fargo and zane banter was hysterical and taggart was great as usual.All i have left to say is bring on season three!