Eureka

All the Rage

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jul 23, 2010 on Syfy

• Stand-out performances in this true thriller of an episode!

Jo and Fargo are both true stars of this episode. Both characters seemed to be basically stuck in a rut for a long time and this reboot is certainly helping.
    While their new jobs enhance their personalities and Erica Cerra (if that's possible) looks even better in a suit that usual, this rage-inducing gig gave them both a chance to really stretch their acting muscles in an adrenaline-pumped way, which is something we really don't see much of in Eureka.
    If I was a scout from Hollywood watching, I'd be signing them right now.
    The episode itself followed a familiar pattern; that part (with the exception of all the murderous rage :-) was actually underwhelming; however the little Callis/Morton sub-plot was very refreshing because we never have the rug pulled under us with the science we are seeing, so this was indeed a welcome change.
    The emotional strings plot between Carter, Allison and Tess was the low point. I'm glad it got handled quickly, but more lemonade between Carter and the most boring member of the cast, Allison Blake, is definitely not something I was looking forward to. Where is the friction? All in all, a fine episode!