Eureka

All the Rage

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jul 23, 2010 on Syfy

• Attack of the Mad Scientists! (And not in a good way.)

4.5
    SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Oh. I was all excited, just one episode past, to see where Eureka would go with this rebooted world of theirs, but it seems my excitement may well have been misplaced. 'Cause where did they decide to go? Zombies. And, unless they're being battled by Elizabeth Bennett and her sisters -- or occasionally by the Winchester boys -- I don't really feel any particular fondness for zombies. Sure, there were moments of goodness in here, and the whole rigamarole ended with one exceptional moment of very goodness, but all in all, "All the Rage" did nothing more than test my patience. (I like the new opening, though. Way to catch everyone up, Carter!)

It is only the character interactions adorning the conclusion of this episode that mitigate somewhat against the insanity and inanity of what had come before (seeya, Tess!). I can only hope that this was just a bump in Eureka's spankin' new road, and that we'll never see this idiotic installment's like again. As for Wil Wheaton, who notably guest-starred, he was just kind of... y'know. There. It was undeniably good to see him, but I can't help but feel a little cheated. Wesley Crusher, for all his faults, would never have turned the brilliant scientists at Global Dynamics into a gurning, moronic mob of homicidal zombies. Never!

What's next? Doogie Howser comes to town and turns everyone into werewolves?