Eureka Forums

Syfy (ended 2012)

5x13 - Just Another Day (Spoilers)

layle1

[1]Jul 16, 2012
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for discussion of the series finale "Just Another Day."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lazarius12

[2]Jul 16, 2012
    • level: 11

I don't care if the shows creators read this or not, but I just want to say that I have a list of all things mysterious about Eureka since the pilot episode, and the one thing they had to end the show with or else I wasn't going to like it (yes I would have been that bitter) is Jack and Zoe driving out of town and seeing themselves. Thank you so much for giving me the one dream I had with this show (although I never got Stark back ).

MajLorne

[3]Jul 16, 2012
    • level: 21
    I have to agree, I totally forgot about that scene from the pilot. I am just happy the show ended on a positive note and not some doom and gloom thing.

:sigh: despite the never ending Holly centric season, I will miss this show. But it's been a great run and I think that it was best to just end since if they have to overplay the live/die stuff with Holly, then what more do the writers have left that's original?

Loved Grant's (mythbusters) cameo.

CthulhuSaves

[4]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 4
    I've been expecting to eventually see the drive-by again from the other perspective, and am glad they held it 'til the end. It must've been murder avoiding the temptation all this time. There were a couple of previous "close calls" on that road at night, but they never got played out.

One thing is driving me crazy, though. Jack's comment to Zoey after seeing themselves. For the life of me I can't make out what he's saying. Played it back several times, and he's practically sub-vocalizing it. His lips barely move. Can anyone else figure out what he said for certain?

andziaaa1987

[5]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 1

What Jack says in the end is: "I'll deal with that tomorrow"

kanniballl

[6]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 18

andziaaa1987 wrote:

What Jack says in the end is: "I'll deal with that tomorrow"

Yeh, that's what I heard... which emoted a chuckle.

kanniballl

[7]Jul 17, 2012

I was expecting see Stark (in a "new" flashback or a hologram or something).

Before the season started, Syfy would show random clips in "coming up in a few weeks for the final season of Eureka" or something: followed by some quick clips. Some were new, some were old. And one was of Stark in a setting I didn't recognize so I wondered if they were going to bring the actor in to shoot something new for a finale or whatever.

And seeing Chloe + Taggert + the dog I thought we might see something from him too. Alas, no.

ltcomstella

[8]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 17

stark was shown via jacks flashback/life flashing before his eyes when he entered the worm hole

gotta say they did the end right

CoffeeCake225

[9]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 15
    good for jack and allison having a baby and whatnot but can i just point out that they're gonna have 4 kids each one of them with different sets of parents....

kanniballl

[10]Jul 17, 2012

ltcomstella wrote:

stark was shown via jacks flashback/life flashing before his eyes when he entered the worm hole

gotta say they did the end right

Yeh, I saw that. Actually I was waiting for Jack to encounter Dr Manhatten / Stark or something based on the short-clip I saw in the teasers a few months ago. Like one of the wormholes would lead to a pocket of time that he disappeared to, or they'd find a holo-recording (that the actor just shot) and say "awww, remember him"

But the montage with him fading away and stuff was nice.

It was a bit corny: finding a way to force a montage into a series finale, but I think it was done well.

Edited on 07/17/2012 12:55pm

kanniballl

[11]Jul 17, 2012

Did anyone else think one of Fargo's phone conversations was a dig at SyFy?

One of the calls was something like:

We put you on the map, you owe us, and you're cutting us off because of profits?!?!?

CthulhuSaves

[12]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 4
    Yes, I definitely thought, and still do, that those words were directed at the bean counters. Loved it.

MajLorne

[13]Jul 17, 2012
    kanniballl wrote:

Did anyone else think one of Fargo's phone conversations was a dig at SyFy?

One of the calls was something like:

We put you on the map, you owe us, and you're cutting us off because of profits?!?!?

Well going by what wiki posted (yes take it with a grain of salt), it was Comcast rather than Syfy that pulled the plug. But either way, I agree with you about the dig on the bigwigs that ended this show. I am glad at least they got to air a decent finale though with the extra episode the got.

I can't see any show getting that lucky, namely all 3 stargate shows got canned after the last episodes were produced and there wasn't much time to redo the episode other than maybe a minor edit or such.

StephaniePea

[14]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 2

Did anyone else notice the whole "We had six more weeks" thing with the packing crew? Was it a poke at how they shortened the season? I think it was, but I am not sure.

JonathonWolf

[15]Jul 19, 2012
    • level: 10
    What I liked about that mix-up is that it is possibly the only time in the entire show when the crisis was not because of Eureka. Had things gone as Global Dynamics had scheduled, the whole wormhole plot wouldn't have happened. Fargo would still have saved the town, though he'd have had a harder time keeping his protest going.

MajLorne

[16]Jul 20, 2012
    Having seen the entire ep now (instead of parts of it). I am disappointed at how underwhelming it was. The danger was mild compared to the other episode as in it never felt like a real threat. I am glad they broght back Taggert and Zoe, but both of them hardly did anything other than to do an obligatory return for the finale.

My main disappointment was the show never explained who that 'shadow organization' (that Beverly was a part of) was and Wen is given up off screen.

erinahbing

[17]Jul 22, 2012
    • level: 6

As an episode it was quite lame (the wormhole problem and its solution), but as final episode it was great: the writers tried to put in it as much personal closure as possible.

All of the couples can live happily ever after, no evil cliffhangers or tragedies -- some others might have close down Eureka for good, make Holly fall in love with Parrish, send Grace (and Henry) to prison, and I'm sure Whedon would have sliced at least one major character with intersecting wormholes

For those who are unhappy because of the missing pieces about the organization of Beverly, Wen.. It could not have been solved properly within one episode, and without introducing a lot of new characters. But, the evil-evil Wen is out of the picture, and even Beverly has turned against that organization..

So all in all, even though the storyline and wormholes were lame, it was a decent finale. And I am really grateful for the final scene

Princess_Pinky

[18]Jul 23, 2012
    • level: 11

CoffeeCake225 wrote:
    good for jack and allison having a baby and whatnot but can i just point out that they're gonna have 4 kids each one of them with different sets of parents....

As long as they've got loving parents, who cares?

I'm glad they finally got their baby! It's been a long time coming.

MajLorne

[19]Jul 24, 2012
    erinahbing wrote:

As an episode it was quite lame (the wormhole problem and its solution), but as final episode it was great: the writers tried to put in it as much personal closure as possible.

All of the couples can live happily ever after, no evil cliffhangers or tragedies -- some others might have close down Eureka for good, make Holly fall in love with Parrish, send Grace (and Henry) to prison, and I'm sure Whedon would have sliced at least one major character with intersecting wormholes

For those who are unhappy because of the missing pieces about the organization of Beverly, Wen.. It could not have been solved properly within one episode, and without introducing a lot of new characters. But, the evil-evil Wen is out of the picture, and even Beverly has turned against that organization..

So all in all, even though the storyline and wormholes were lame, it was a decent finale. And I am really grateful for the final scene

True, good points. I only wished comcast informed the crew about this being the final season so they could've focused more on the organization instead of trying to 'fix' Holly in all the latter episodes...

danharr

[20]Jul 29, 2012
    • level: 45

It was a good ending leaving us on a positive note instead of up in the air it was perfect.