Eureka Forums

Syfy (ended 2012)

A Month Later and I Still Miss Eureka

ravenas

[1]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 1

It's been a month since Eureka aired its last episode. There's a hole in my TV schedule now. Warehouse 13 just doesn't cover it. That show lacks all the humor and warmth of a Sheriff Carter in an idyllic utopia.

I'm glad the series ended on a high note. Jack & Aly are having that baby promised so many years ago. Henry has found happiness with Grace instead of being the brilliant loner. Jo is taking a shot with Zane. Zoe realized her full potential and has graduated top of her class at Harvard. And even bumbling Fargo gets to ride off in the sunset with the girl.

But as a fan I still wish we would get to see the gang meet up in a year's time to see how it all turned out. Was Eureka able to remain solvent licensing their tech to the world? How did the couples fair in their changing relationships?

Eureka has entered my digital Hall of Fame beside Scrubs: that little show often taken for granted but a pleasure to watch because of the characters and creative team.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Steptron

[2]May 27, 2013
    A year later and I am still hoping for a bigwig to have a bright idea and decide that they made a mistake cancelling the show and put it back on, we can but hope!!!

ravenas

[4]Aug 6, 2013

SyFy execs are too dimwitted to recognize any mistakes. Just look at the whole Sharknado fiasco. Twitter takes to mocking their little B Movie and they think that's a good thing so order another. The whole network is one collosal joke.

Even Warehouse 13 is getting cut off in its 5th season. SyFy is where good show ideas go to die.

I'll stick to imagining what my favorite Eureka characters are doing now. I imagine Jack & Aly have had their baby and are juggling parenthood with work. Henry's been good at running the company which has amazingly turned a profit by leasing it's less dangerous technology. They do still take on some government contracts but as a private company can refuse the weapons contracts.

Jo & Zane had a long engagement but finally made it to the altar. Now they're debating when to have kids and just who should carry the baby. (How funny would it be to see Zane pregnant?)

Holly and Fargo would be gone for almost a year before returning and bringing their project ... some multinational endeavor to GD for polishing.

I even imagine Nathan returned as a result of some crazy GD experiment with time. But after making a few plays for Allison with her married and pregnant with jack, he ends up losing her to the better man just as we saw in the alternate timeline. Then he goes off to head up Area 51 and becomes a rival to Eureka.

it would be nice to see them make another attempt at a space mission. With the US government pretty much shutting down NASA it makes sense such things would be in private hands.

ravenas

[5]Aug 6, 2013

Oh and Kevin would be in his senior year of high school about to go off to college and become the next brilliant astrophysicist. Zoe would be in Med School but would return to Eureka for an internship under Allison. I can see Zoe and Kevin leaving on the space mission.