Eureka Forums

Syfy (ended 2012)

Favorite relationship?

Lunalissa

[1]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 4

I really like Zane and Joe. They have such a cute relationship. Joe has always been so tough and it is great to see the romantic side of her. Zane really brings out her softer side. I also love Zane. He is so cute and funny. I loved the development of their relationship in Ship Happens. It showed how much love they have for eachother. This show has a lot of good relationships but Zane and Joe is my favorite. I was just wondering what other people thought.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MontanaMesser

[2]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 9

They are my favourite relationship as well. I love how Zane has really grown up since he arrived and how their relationship has really developed. Their scenes together are always really sweet and i only wish there were more of them! Laughing

I do have question though...what the HELL is going on between them in the new "Jo of the Dead" promo on www.spoilertv.com? Some insight would be nice

TankLike

[4]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 7

Tess and Carter: She is attractive, funny and intelligent. She's basically Ally without the whole baggage/issues...

Dewbak75

[5]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 18

TankLike wrote:

Tess and Carter: She is attractive, funny and intelligent. She's basically Ally without the whole baggage/issues...

I'd have to agree with this one, they made a great couple. I know Tess is going to be around for at least some of Season 4, but I hope she stays for good. I like Allison just fine, but I think he's a better fit with Tess. Plus I have a big crush on Jaime Ray Newman

TankLike

[6]Jul 11, 2010

Dewbak75 wrote:

[...] Plus I have a big crush on Jaime Ray Newman

Who hasn't

And thanks for backing me up. I thought for sure I was the only one thinking that way!

CoffeeCake225

[7]Jul 13, 2010
    • level: 15
    My favorite is Jo and zane I just love them together I was so upset at the end of the premiere As for carter I know everyone wants him and Alison to end up together at the end but I love him with Tess. They just have such great chemistry and they're so similar in a way like when they started talking about baseball. It was so cute, I really hope they stay end up together.

cryhavoc82

[8]Jul 14, 2010
    TankLike wrote:

This one, absolutely.

kanniballl

[9]Jul 14, 2010

It depends how you mean "relationship."

If you mean boyfriend + girlfriend, pairing, or some sort of "tension" then Jack and Tess, or an early Jack and Allison.

If you meaninteractions, I have to say either Jack and Jo, or Jo and Zoe in the early seasons.

- With Jack and Jo, the whole running gag of them pulling pranks on each other. Jo's resentment that Jack got the job over her. Etc They eventually mellowed out, but I loved the bit where she hid the security application from him so he went went ragdoll when the GD security system caught him (she's so mean).

- With Zoe and Jo, those 2 were hilarious together. Jo would act so super-serious for the entire show, but when Zoe was around they would actually joke around or something or what-not. The pilot was particularly funny with them bantering in the sheriff's office: the whole "probe" line, flipping through personal ads, etc.

Edited on 07/14/2010 11:42am

TankLike

[10]Jul 15, 2010

Oh, a different meaning than boyfriend/girlfriend never occured to me. But relationships in general...

I always liked Carter and Jo too. The latest episode showed how far they've come over the years. When she "turned down" the proposal and Carter was like "Joe... (what are you doing?)" and she said "Not now, Carter".
    He knew that she instantly regretted not saying yes but he also accepted instantly that it wasn't the right time to comfort her or to say something supposingly intelligent (or worse: funny).

And then there's Carter and Zoe of course...

CoffeeCake225

[11]Jul 16, 2010

kanniballl wrote:

It depends how you mean "relationship."

If you mean boyfriend + girlfriend, pairing, or some sort of "tension" then Jack and Tess, or an early Jack and Allison.

thats a good way of putting it, an early pre-nathan, jack an allison were good but i think the ship as sailed for the 2 of them and most viewers (me for example) have accepted it.

i hate that only now are they trying to build their relationship up again like with that clique kiss while they were dancing, that wouldve made me squeal in season 1 but now it just made me shake my head.

Dewbak75

[12]Jul 19, 2010

TankLike wrote:

I always liked Carter and Jo too. The latest episode showed how far they've come over the years. When she "turned down" the proposal and Carter was like "Joe... (what are you doing?)" and she said "Not now, Carter".
    He knew that she instantly regretted not saying yes but he also accepted instantly that it wasn't the right time to comfort her or to say something supposingly intelligent (or worse: funny).

They had an even better moment in the 2nd episode of this season when Carter found out about Jo's job in the New World. The pride on Jack's face was very clear, as well as how much that pride & approval meant to Jo. I'm not sure where this puts them in the Eureka chain of command, but he's clearly not her direct superior anymore, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they interact now.

TankLike

[13]Jul 19, 2010

I think that, in a way, GD is outside of Jack's jurisdiction. Of course that would've been the case all along but since The Sheriff was all buddy-buddy with the head of GD they allowed him to snoop around (except for - on most cases - Section 5). So in my opinion: Inside GD Jo's the boss and outside Jack.

And that's going to be interesting: Jo has a different way of handling things. She's all about obeying rules while Carter is more the outside-the-box thinker. I'm sure it will lead to some kind of tension. They propably don't even like each other in this timeline. SO their knowledge, trust and respect of each other and for each other will be the only thing not making them bash in their heads.

And it wouldn't surprise me if the fact they are not constantly arguing (or at least doing it on a friendly and respectful base) will make people wonder as well: Not only did Jack steal her job (well, of the Jo of this timeline), she also got replaced by a tin man. And the other Joe never experienced first hand how good Carter is at his job and how much he would respect her...

Edited on 07/19/2010 12:02pm
    Edited 3 total times.

CoffeeCake225

[14]Jul 22, 2010
    TankLike wrote:

They propably don't even like each other in this timeline. SO their knowledge, trust and respect of each other and for each other will be the only thing not making them bash in their heads.

even if they dont like each other in this timeline, as you can tell with Fargo theyre still the same people they were before just living the alternate "thems" lives.
    i love theyre relationship and how its grown through the seasons i hope it doesnt change.

TankLike

[15]Jul 23, 2010

I don' think it will. It's just that they have different experiences and so the way "our" Jo and Jack behave over there might be a little strange for the people "over there"

Edited on 07/23/2010 9:49am

kanniballl

[16]Jul 26, 2010

TankLike wrote:

And it wouldn't surprise me if the fact they are not constantly arguing (or at least doing it on a friendly and respectful base) will make people wonder as well: Not only did Jack steal her job (well, of the Jo of this timeline), she also got replaced by a tin man. And the other Joe never experienced first hand how good Carter is at his job and how much he would respect her...

It's hard to say, it's possible the timeline played out mostly the same for those two, with the major change being the introduction of Andy.

Alternate-Jo might have had it after being passed up by Andy and refused to come back to the Sheriff's office. Or this Andy wanted to stick around as a law enforcement officer instead of "finding himself" or whatever the old Andy did, and that the military forced the issue. Firing the sheriff is one thing, maybe the carter doesn't say anything about deputies.

Andy claimed he was working with Jack for 300-some days, is that how long it's been since his appearance (in-show)?

Then again, it's anybody's game now. They could say that Alternate-Jack and Alternate-Jo had a relationship that ended badly, or that Jack fired her, or that she *was* the sheriff and it didn't work out right.

Alternate time lines are annoying, there's too much freedom since they can technically dump all over previously established cannon.

TankLike

[17]Jul 26, 2010

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of shifting grounds either. Too much things we don't know and as a result we can't ever be sure what the people from the other time-line might do or what they think.

BTW: It's abbout time that Zoe makes an appearance!

Lunalissa

[18]Jul 26, 2010

I loved Jo and Zane together and the having them not together in the new timeline has totally ruined the show for me. I do not really like any of the changes. I hope they find a way back to the old reality otherwise I cannot se myself continuing to watch this show.

CoffeeCake225

[19]Jul 29, 2010
    Lunalissa wrote:

I loved Jo and Zane together and the having them not together in the new timeline has totally ruined the show for me. I do not really like any of the changes. I hope they find a way back to the old reality otherwise I cannot se myself continuing to watch this show.

yea its a nice twist for the beginning of the season but alot of viewers are going to get irritated fairly soon so im hoping they dont wait til the season finale or even mid-season to bring them back to the old timeline.

Princess_Pinky

[20]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 11

Thought I'd drop over here and check out this board. I just saw my first episode of Eureka last night, "All The Rage," and then I watched "The Story Of O2" just now. I'm actually a Warehouse 13 fan, but I've been trying to prepare myself for the Warehouse 13/Eureka crossover this week by watching and recording Eureka episodes. If the crossover episodes go well, who knows, Eureka may have just won over a new fan (which I'm sure was the network's intent).

Having only seen two episodes, I can't really say which romantic relationship I like yet. I will say after what I saw of Carter/Tess, I'm not really feeling it, but I also realize that apparently the time travel really messed things up, so maybe I'll feel differently if I watch them from the beginning. (I am liking the show so far and I am a huge fan of Jamie Ray Newman after her role as Cat Gardner on Eastwick, after all. So you never know.)

Nor am I really feeling Carter/Allison, but that could also be because I really haven't seen anything shippy happen between them other than the kiss in the review of "All The Rage" when Carter is telling us he finally kissed her.

And while I know that Jo (or is it Joe?) had something with Zaneand the review showed that she apparently accepted his proposal after the time travel screw up, I'm really not feeling them either, although the last part with the "Jojo" (Jo-Jo? Joe-Joe?) thing tells me they could have potential. But it all loops back to me needing to see them from the beginning, I could hate or love or still feel medicore about them.

I've got to admit, I am loving Fargo a lot. He's such a cute little nerdy guy! How can you not love that? lol And I know it's probably hypcritical, but after seeing both of the crossover promos, I feel like I'm already shipping him with Claudia of Warehouse 13. (And I adore Claudia!) You never know, the episodes might air and then I realize they're an awful pairing, but judging just from the promos, this is already my top Claudia ship! (I have a sick, twisted like for Claudia/Artie and I'm kind of liking Claudia/Todd, for those of you who also watch WH13.) But the "Marry me!" and the "This is awkward." as she's laying on top of him after tackling him to the ground were hysterical and probably the biggest reasons I'm looking forward to the crossover, so I guess we'll see how it goes.

As for non-romantic relationships, definitely Carter and Jo. They've had something in both episodes, to the point where it's made me wonder if they've ever been romantic in the past or if they have feelings for each other that I don't know about because I didn't tune in until "All The Rage." I would guess not, due to the whole Jo/Zane and Tess/Carter/Allison things that I've deduced, but I guess that just goes to show how close they really are if they're making an outsider wonder that when I didn't come close to getting those vibes from the pairings that I know should be/have been together.

Edited on 07/30/2010 9:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.