Eureka

Lost

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 16, 2012 on Syfy

• Best beginning to a season this year!

(General spoilers)

Man that was good!

First of all, Eureka got serious. Usually shows play that line between silly and serious and it's a tough needle to thread: this was a punch in the gut, and it's just what the doctor ordered.

In the first few minutes I though I was watching (the new) Battlestar Galactica and that's good on many levels. After that we had the fantastic drama of several people living in the world where only a few hour passed while others believed 4 years have passed. What's even better, it made for a great jump-start for characters that, quite frankly, had gotten very stale in the meantime.

The addition of Andy and the AI being complete dominating bad-asses was the icing on the cake.

If there is any complaint on the episode, it's that things were solved within the hour, BUT obviously, that was because an even greater surprise was waiting - a Matrix-like takeover of Eureka's people and their brains :-)

I fear that by the end of the season we'll have things back to normal (which, as I said, started to smell like old socks), but since that would be the end of the series, I think it will be a fun ride! Welcome back Eureka!