Eureka

Maneater

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Sep 18, 2007 on Syfy

• Carter becomes a magnet towards women in Eureka

This was a very good episode of Eureka that really gives everyone a laugh. th episode was very well placed in our ever growing Eureka timeline and we had a vry good display of Fargo's character. sorry Fargo you cant have some =(. hopefully we get to have some more interactions with the mole. the show was really well written ad acted out especially by Joe. we get to see an unconventional side of her many of us are surprised to see. (and have wanted too). so i really think this episode was a god one to have in an early season.

so we are going to hopefully see more of this bacteria in some form!
  • Carter is the man....

Super hormone drug transfer from just petting the hybrid dog. AWESOME!!!! Fending women off while trying to do your job, now that is every mans dream. But, enough of it will lead to like quitting or something. But it appeared that in the end that the women were getting upset with Carter. The fact that the golf women were swinging clubs at Carters Jeep while he was trying to get away. Poor Fargo tried to keep the mask on but Carter was up to his tricks and told him to take it off, that was pretty funny at the end. I dont know what is up with the Dry Cleaning Lady, I hope its not leading to Stark and Allison getting back together and Jack getting with the Dry Cleaner.. It cant end that way....
  • (Oh-oh, here she comes) Watch out boy she'll chew you up (Oh-oh, here she comes) She's a maneater

I couldn't resist. :)

Eureka has a utilities system that resembles the human digestive system. The air conditioning, plumbing, lights and water are all hooked up to one network. The regular maintence guy is missing and the system starts to malfunction. Because everything is connected, one failing piece of the network means that others will also eventually fail. If that wasn't enough, some ancient pheromone bacteria gets on Jack and every woman in the town "wants" him. The ticking clock on this episode is to fix the utilities before the town blows. We also find out that if the pheromone doesn't dissipate that women will eventually turn violent towards Jack. To make matters worse, there is a chance that the pheromone will be released into the ventilation. This means that every man in Eureka will become irrisistible (they already are because scientists are sexy) but it also means that every woman in Eureka will eventually try to kill them and eat them for food.

When the mysterious powder was first introduced I immediately thought about Star Trek, Spock and This Side of Paradise. Spores that make you fall in love/lust. Not entirely original but I loved the way it was presented. Eureka is a show that takes some of the classic, widely- used science fiction themes but spins them in a really fresh and new way.

I was impressed with the digestive system utilities network. I love the clever things in this town but it always seems like the scientists are air heads. When things go wrong in Eureka, they go WAY wrong. They've almost had to evacuate the town 3 times this season. I'm beginning to wonder about about them. They must be book smart but not common sense smart. :)

At the end of the episode, Allison gives Nathan access to The Artifact. He isn't supposed to be in there because he doesn't have official clearance anymore. His access means that Henry gets locked out. Henry is pissed. This isn't going to end well. Nathan is convinced that if he has access, he can use the Artifact research to help solve the issue with Kevin, Allison's son.

Next week: Mega Snake's Michael Shanks. :P
  • Great Episode

I'm so happy this week's episode wasn't a disappointment like last week ("God is in the Details")... everything that I love bout the show was here... Super-science, humor, Carter clueless about anything technical, Stark being a jerk, etc... all pulled off nicely. I hope the writers pick back up on the ancient bones found in the tunnels... might be an interesting story arc to tie it in with the artifact... and why Eureka is located where its located... Henry's look when he confronts Stark about being locked out, shows the determination he has to bring those responsible to light.. but how far is he actually going to take this? After what he did to carter...