Eureka

Mirror, Mirror

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jul 02, 2012 on Syfy

• One of the best episodes yet

***Spoilers and some guessing***

In this episode Dr. Holly Marten (Felicia Day) Gets taken over by a program of some kind, which leads her to create copies of her of people in eureka. Who thinks they are the NPC's from the virtual eureka?

Unlike other episodes where they tired to add a scene of foreboding and instead reached a kind of comic horror. they actually nailed the physiological horror in this episode. I have always found eureka to give its plot away too soon.

but with the isolation that comes from the comms being down. and the freakyness of having to face down something that looks human but you know isn't quiet human which used to be enjoyable with zombies and vampires before they became over used as a dead beaten horse, they have outdone a lot of movies for having me on the edge of my seat that have had writers who do this kind of stuff for all the time...

I know that the NPC's have worked there way into the real world I have no idea what's going to happen but from how they pulled this episode off I can only imagine it's going to be pretty darn awesome. And as much as it is annoying having to wait a week which is what happens with any good cliffy.

I really can't wait for the next episode!!!
  • Above average episode

** Spoilers **

Carter summed up my feelings in this episode by essentially saying stop inventing this stuff. No beta test before rolling out nano-dust? Why not test in a remote part of the desert? It would be nice if there were more episodes with different plot points, the "super-geniuses almost destroy the world" has been done to death. I still enjoy the show but I can see why it's ending - they haven't been able to come up with fresh ideas in a long time.

As for this ep, I agree it seems likely the "villains" are the control program entities from the virtual Eureka. Henry, Carter and Jo were the control programs I recall from that story so it does fit. When Carter saw the thing in the tank become him it was a nice homage to the Body Snatcher movies or at least reminded me of them.