Even Stevens

Influenza: The Musical

Aired Weekdays 10:30 PM Jan 25, 2002 on Disney Channel

• Ren is sick and wants to go to school anyway to win the perfect attendance award. So Ren sneaks to school, but when she arrives, she finds nothing is going her way. After what seems the worst day ever for Ren, she wakes up finding it was all a dream.

This was probably one of the most famous episodes of the series. Influenza, had a very special touch to it. It had the cutest songs and a very funny story line. There were those moments in the show where you didnt know whether to laugh or sing along. There was much positive feedback from the episode towards the show and launched it into a whole different path. I think it was the feel good episode of the series.
  • Love love love it!

Oh my god.. this episode never gets old. It's by far the best episode of the series because it's completely different and original. The songs are surprisingly good and although all the actors may not have the best voices, it still worked. It was like a 30 minute broadway show!
  • The coolest musical episode ever made!

My favorite musical number has to go to "I Always Find A Way" where Louis, Tawny & AJ sing & dance. The punch line was found when Louis opened his locker to find Coach Tugnut singing, "But Not Today!"

Hats off to Jim Wise (Coach Tugnut) who also wrote all the tunes for Influenza; The Musical!
DISNEY