Even Stevens

Leavin' Stevens

Aired Weekdays 10:30 PM Jun 02, 2003 on Disney Channel

• Great disney show!

This was a real good show! I didn't like the fact though is that the made the series final into a movie! I think the thing that made the show funny was Louis {Shiala Lebouf} the way he acted was so funny!
    I did though like the Even Stevens movie I don't think they should have cancelled the show, but I guess that they thought that the kids were gettin too old to play the parts! I hope the at least make another movie! Shiala Lebouf is starting a little movie carreer though he played in the movie holes and in 2009 he's gonna co-star in Captain America! I'm not sure what he's doin till then!
  • A great ending to a great show!

This episode was possibly the best finale that this show could have had. I did suspect that Eileen would somehow not end up in Washington, D.C. as she was supposed to, but it didn't take away from this episode in my eyes. The big reveal of how she didn't get to go and the looks on the family's faces were wonderful as none of them saw it coming, especially their father.

I loved the fact that Ren cared so much about her friends that she found a replacement for her that oddly was way too much like her named Denise, it was scary. Her poor friends didn't know what to think. I loved how Ren in the end after she found out that she was staying, found replacement friends for her replacement friend who ended up being exactly her two best friends, right down to the walk they walked and their accents.

I didn't really care that much about Donny's rhythmic gymnastics or the fact that his coach decided to follow him to D.C., although I guess it was a way to get all the cast we were all used to back together for the finale. I'm glad the coach finally got what was coming to him in the end.

The best plot of all was that of Louis and Tawny. I loved their "last" conversation about the chili fries on Wednesday, it was so clear how he wanted to tell Tawny how he felt but couldn't. The best was when he made the tape and forced Tom to give it to her, then finding out that he wasn't leaving at all. You had to know he could get Beans to break into her house and get the tape back, except it wasn't his tape at all. Tawny had also made one for him.

Possibly the best directing of this series occured when both Louis and Tawny were watching the tapes each other had made. The way the scenes were intercut was beautifully shot and the acting by Shia LeBeouf was great in his video, he showed such a range of emotion.

This episode basically left me wanting more, but in a good way. Ren got her friends back and can help the school keep up it's high GPA and Louis finally got Tawny. Basically the open ending let's you decide what you think will happen to them and that's what made it such a great season finale. There were no tricks, no stupidity involved, just good old fashioned acting.

Final Grade: A-