Everest: Beyond the Limit Forums

Discovery Channel (ended 2009)

The Most Touching Moment So Far

gabfan31

[1]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 100
    I found the most touching moment of the series so far was when Mark gave the Sherpa with a set of prosthetic legs. So much of this show is about individual, selfish desires (and I don't necessarily mean that in a negative way), so it was nice to see someone do something for someone else. And I know that Terry is doing his darnedest to  help climbers with medical emergencies and I'm not discounting that, but Mark's gesture was so premeditated in scope. Terry is doing his job, reacting to the crisis when it hits. Mark knew how much those prosthetics would mean to that man and brought them to him as a gift, no strings attached. That shows a greatness of spirit that's humbling. After all, he had so much to think about just to prepare himself for the attempt and yet he allowed himself to forget that to bring some happiness to someone that is a faceless servant, at least in the abstract. I'm sure the others paid their guides handsomely, but some things can't be bought, especially for someone in the back of the beyond. That's my opinion, what do you think?   
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CoolUserName

[2]Dec 20, 2006
    • level: 7
    I thought that was a pretty touching moment as well. The most emotional thing for me though was the end seeing everyone with frostbite and knowing that they were going to have that frostbitten area cut off. Very scary stuff.

gabfan31

[3]Dec 20, 2006
    • level: 100
    I haven't seen that one yet, but I'm sure that's quite an emotional thing. I guess I liked the other one because it was something positive out of the trauma caused by their need to conquer these extreme environments.

CoolUserName

[4]Dec 21, 2006
    I like the positive moment that you're talking about more as well. Hard not to be affected by the last the episode emotionally though. When you see the finale you'll know what i'm talking about

marteekakarland

[5]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 4

Oh definitely! I have to admit, I got a bit misty eyed. There were many touching moments, and many things I didn't expect. I'll make a post about all that in a few.

Marteeka

marteekakarland

[6]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 4
    You need to see the end. It's heart wrenching.

CoolUserName

[7]Dec 27, 2006
    marteekakarland wrote:
    You need to see the end. It's heart wrenching.

It really is. I got to see it all again and just feel so bad for the guys that got serious frostbite. It really was a great series. I'd love to see them do it again next year or in the future.