Everwood Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

What had been planned for Season 5

OrsonWright

[1]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 19

From interviews by Berlanti, the following plot points and changes have been mentioned as being planned/considered for the fifth season, if CW had not cancelled the show.

What are your thoughts on each of the possible new storylines/changes? Would you qualify them as positive (something you would look forward to), negative (something you would not want to see), or neutral? What do you think would have happened in each storyline?

1. Madison returning to Everwood
    2. More of a focus on Delia
    3. The wedding of Andy and Nina
    4. The coupling of Ephram and Hannah
    5. Jake no longer being on the show
    6. Andy's dad visiting again
    7. Nina pregnant with Jake's child

Edited on 07/30/2006 11:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SMGslayer97

[2]Jul 10, 2006
    • level: 34

OrsonWright wrote:

1. Madison returning to Everwood
    2. More of a focus on Delia
    3. The wedding of Andy and Nina
    4. The coupling of Ephram and Hannah
    5. Jake no longer being on the show
    6. Andy's dad visiting again

I always thought Madison would return and I sort of wanted her to but only because I wanted to see Ephram's son.

The Ephram/Hannah thing I had thought might happen since Bright/Hannah broke up because of his cheating. It seemed like a better match then Bright/Hannah or Amy/Ephram.

poohbabby02

[3]Jul 10, 2006
    • level: 6
    1. I would of liked to see madison show up with the baby ( maybe she got it back had a chage of heart or something), but ephram of coarse would of stayd with amy

2. More focus on delia would of been nice as longs as it wasnt all about her, we didnt get to see very much of her throught these years

3. The wedding defintly i knew they always belonged togther

4. no coupling of ephram and hannah that for bright not him, i cant see that happen

5. jake no longer on show would be fantastic

6. an ep or tw with his dad wouldnt be bad ethier

charmed05

[4]Jul 10, 2006
    • level: 15
    Most but I don't see him and Hannah, it would be short term. But they never give any hints. He doesn't seem to like girls like her. They never hinted at it anyway. Like the first episode. I don't mean anything is wrong w her, but he seems to like blondes. He went from gwen stefani kinda but popular amy. Jake isn't coming back so why?
    Edited on 07/10/2006 9:17am

that70sshow2000

[5]Jul 10, 2006
    I don't know, I have mixed feelings about the Ephram/Hannah coupling---even if just for short term. When I think of that happening, I think it would sort of be like when Joey and Rachel hooked up on Friends short term. It's like, on that show, everyone knew Ross and Rachel were meant to be, so it kind of ruined it a little bit. Like that, everyone knows Amy and Ephram are meant to be---even without seeing the series finale---, so a Ephram/Hannah coupling might ruin it, you know? But then I'm sure the writers would handle E/H better than the writers on Friends.

On the other hand, I think it would've been interesting. It would've caused conflict between Ephram/Bright, Brigh/Hannah, Amy/Hannah, and even Amy/Ephram. All that definitely would've been great to watch in season 5 and would've given the show a new perspective and such (which Berlanti said would of been the goal).

I'm neutral on Madison returning. Don't care either way.

Would of loved to see Andy and Nina's wedding!

Shadow-Master16

[6]Jul 10, 2006
    I think the buildup TO the wedding would have been something to see. I mean, to see them have conversations about them being engaged and not having been on any dates. Or them not having sex, and everything that a "normal" couple goes through. I think that would have provided some great scenes between Stephanie and Treat.

More Delia would have been great too.

I want more of Andy's father! I think they had originally planned to have him for most of the season. If they could of done that, I would have been ecstatic. There was a lot of insight into Andy's past, that connected to the present and I think they handled that situation really well. I know, I know, I'm a younger viewer, but, I'd gladly take the "older" generation's stories over anything involving Hannah...and or Bright.

Sorry, it had to be said. They have been boring me too death, like Enough All Ready!!

Madison coming back would have been intresting. I want to know what they would have done with her. Maybe she would try to develop a friendship with Ephram again. I dunno, but I would kill to see more Everwood. Damn You Dawn Ostroff!!

OrsonWright

[7]Jul 11, 2006
    I actually didn't want to see Madison again.  It would have been interesting if "Everwood" had been renewed since "What About Brian" was unexpectedly saved so the actress wouldn't have been as available.  I wonder how long they intended Madison to stay for. 

I had thought Hannah would be with Ephram when she first joined the show.  I'm not sure how I feel about Ephram/Hannah... it would really be hard on the Ephram/Bright, Amy/Hannah friendships.

I enjoyed Andy's dad on the show as well, and seeing more Delia would be nice.  There were so many more stories left in Andy and Nina...

I was happy to see Jake finally leave... too bad it took so long.

Does anyone know which of the scenes in the series finale were different from the alternate ending?
    - would there have been the scene with Andy and Nina on the lawn?
    - would there have been the scene of Hannah mailing the letter to A&M?
    - would there have been the scene of Harold and Rose offering Edna a room in their house?
    - would there have been the scene where Amy tells Stephanie about her feelings for Ephram?
    - would there have been the scene of Amy's flashback scene in bed?
    - would there have been the ferris wheel?

Maybe the scene with Ephram running down the stairs would have ended with Madison standing at the door instead of Amy.

SMGslayer97

[8]Jul 11, 2006
    I don't know why but I always thought that a Ephram/Hannah pairing would be really good. Not just because they seemed to hit it off right away, they seem very mesh-able to me as a couple, but it always seemed to me it would be like a Pacey/Joey.

Most people who watched Dawson's Creek just wanted Dawson to wake up and notice Joey, even if they ended up not being into them as a couple. Most everyone I talked to didn't even consider the possibility of Joey/Pacey until they got paired on the sea snails project.

Then once they actually got together they were the best couple of the series and remained that way even during season five and sex when they were apart.

I always saw the Ephram/Hannah thing taking off like that but because the idea was never introduced we never got the chance to think about it, like on Dawson's Creek with teh sea snails.

timberjake

[9]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 4

DISCLAIMER: Not responsible for any errors in content or attribution

Here's a summary of the podcast about Everwood finale, alternate ending, dvds, ferris wheel campaign, and what cast will be doing.

060906 Podcast: Michael Ausiello, Angel Cohen, Daniel Manu, Maitland McDonagh
    http://www.tvguide.com/news/podcast/
    Episode 53:  Hear a fond farewell to Everwood and get the inside scoop on Gilmore Girls, along with reviews of The Hills, Windfall, MTV Movie Awards, Doctor Who, The Sopranos, Queer Eye and more. Plus: A Prairie Home Companion, Cars, and other new films are previewed.
    Publish Date: June 9, 2006
    Direct link to mp3 file:
     http://images.tvguide.com/TVGOL/Images/News/PodCast/060609TVGTalk.mp3

EVERWOOD FINALE
    Ausiello: Gutwrenching premature, ultimately it was very well done under the circumstances, they didn't have a much time preparing for the ending.
    Angel said people pointed out the Madison preview of the other ending was still on the trailer. Ausiello said that was a mistake. They should have hired him edit the trailer since he knows more about the show. Maitland commented maybe he "care more."

Ausiello said it was sad although some have said it was ultimately a bit schmaltzy with everybody having a happy ending. Daniel: the baby falling into the lap of the Abbotts was a bit too good to be true

Ausiello said but it felt different from the 7th heaven schmaltzy ending. Everwood can get away with it because it is so smart and because the writing and acting was so good.

Angel liked Bright Hannah ending will be happily ever after but was not spelled out and left open.
    Auseillo loved the mountain top scene with "best friends forever."

Angel and Ausiello joked about the rented ferris wheel how Ephram didn't hear it?
    And how can Amy a college student afford it?
    Ausiello cracked, Does her mom work in a carnival?
    Angel points out the ferris wheel was taller than the apartment and Ephram didn't notice?

But Ausiello said he gladly took the leap with them.
    <B>He mentioned Everwood fans campaign to rent a ferris wheel to put outside Dawn Ostroff's office and will be plugging that in his column this coming week.</B>

Angel noticed the Watercooler has been especially vicious toward Dawn.
    Ausiello gave his take that the decision came down to 7th or Everwood and 7th had  clearly peaked, had it's ending, and was ready to ride off into the sunset but instead, Everwood was canceled which had more years left

Daniel noted a fan thought Hannah's decision about college and Bright was the worse decision since Felicity followed Ben Covington and picked NYU over Stanford.

Panel then discusses A&M over ND pretty much getting into silly speculation: Bright could have moved and got a waiter job in South Bend. Not like he had a lot of prospects.
    It was pointed out it wasn't just Bright being left behind, it also included friends like Amy and Ephram. But that's what college is about, they leave and then they could always come back. College is about the gang disperses instead of everone going to Sunnydale U.
    Or maybe she was horny to finally have sex with Bright. And the application does not mean she accepted it -- she could have declined it.

ON DVD
    Can't understand it. Perhaps there will never be a full run on Everwood DVDs. Seems like everybody else gets releases. Angel mentioned even Joey is on dvd.
    Daniel or Ausiello: It's like there is a grudge against Everwood.
    Daniel: Did Greg Berlanti ticked someone off in the WB hieraarchy? Ausiello answers I don't know.

WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED INSTEAD OF THE SERIES FINALE ENDING?
    Ausiello says there would have been Madison and no ferris wheel and no Amy Ephram reunion.

Instead a hint of a reunion for Amy Ephram but at the very end Madison calls and looks like she may be coming back to town with the baby.

Angel comments but Sarah got picked up with What About Brian. So that could have confused the issue.

Bright Hannah would have been more of a cliff hanger. Will they or will they not get back together?
    Hannah would not have put the application in the mailbox. That was shot specifically for the finale.

WHAT HAPPENS TO CAST AND CREW?
    Rina is going to Gilmore Girls.
    Josh Reims is going to be taking over What about Brian.
    For info other actors, see Ask Ausiello next week.

Angel says Rina may be bode well for GG, she has an affinity for romantic storylines.

Edited on 07/13/2006 12:41am
    Edited 3 total times.

OrsonWright

[10]Jul 13, 2006

timberjake wrote:

Ausiello says there would have been Madison and no ferris wheel and no Amy Ephram reunion.

Instead a hint of a reunion for Amy Ephram but at the very end Madison calls and looks like she may be coming back to town with the baby.

Angel comments but Sarah got picked up with What About Brian. So that could have confused the issue.

Bright Hannah would have been more of a cliff hanger. Will they or will they not get back together?
    Hannah would not have put the application in the mailbox. That was shot specifically for the finale.

Thanks for the information.

Interesting... so no cliffhanger for the older set? (whether or not Edna would leave, whether or not the Abbots would get to keep the baby, whether or not Andy and Nina would go ahead, etc.) I suppose the baby situation is still up in the air.

So I guess Amy would just decide to meet Ephram to finally tell him her true feelings, but it does not happen... does this mean the scene with her and Rose, and Amy's sudden inspiration was shot specifically for the finale?

I wonder if there would have been another scene involving Bright and Hannah, or would their last scene remain the mountaintop one?
    Edited on 07/13/2006 3:25pm

timberjake

[11]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 4

OrsonWright wrote:

Thanks for the information.

Interesting... so no cliffhanger for the older set? (whether or not Edna would leave, whether or not the Abbots would get to keep the baby, whether or not Andy and Nina would go ahead, etc.) I suppose the baby situation is still up in the air.

So I guess Amy would just decide to meet Ephram to finally tell him her true feelings, but it does not happen... does this mean the scene with her and Rose, and Amy's sudden inspiration was shot specifically for the finale?

I wonder if there would have been another scene involving Bright and Hannah, or would their last scene remain the mountaintop one?
    Well consider cutting out Madison meant pretty much replacing it with tying up Ephram Amy and we would not have seen Hannah mail the application. It was a pretty full episode so there really wasn't much more that could be changed.

I think the Bright Hannah on the mountain top would have been a perfect way to end it as a cliff hanger. Madison sounded like a surprise cliff hanger and not a major time consumer even if it did happen. Something to introduce drama between Ephram and Amy.

I suspect you'e right about the Rose/Amy/Ferris wheel were shot for the finale. We know they would not have been necessarily together next year. And we were left with Ephram going on a date with Stephanie before he was hijacked. I'm left wondering if maybe there would have been a scene with Ephram and Stephanie later. It seemed like there was more that was missing that we would have seen. As it was, the Abbott's situation was kind of a cliff hanger because they have to wait 90? days before they can assume custody. My impression was that Edna was going to stay because she was wanted.

I suspect there might have been more tying up of the other missing storylines if it was not the SERIES finale. Kyle, the Professor, and even Stephanie. We know they cut out the Professor's daughter Zoey earlier. Consider they actually mentioned Amy was going to Washington DC in or for 2 weeks off handedly in the finale. That might have been a hint of continuing the Professor for next season or editing that was overlooked. Originally one of the episode descriptions mentioned the professor wanted Amy to go with her to Washington DC.

Also Steven R. McQueen was signed for 10 episodes but only appeared in by my count 7 eps. So there might have been more on Ephram's career choices and Kyle's story we never got to see. It seemed the career storyline was sacrificed to tie up the relationship one.

I would have liked more on Andy's father but that seemed to be wrapped up awfully quickly too. I speculate that the woman back home was probably a caretaker rather than romantic. And that he probably was dying, just didn't want to be more of a burden on Andy. His was the most intriguing and I loved every moment Charles Durning was on screen.

Edited on 07/13/2006 7:47pm

GaRYtheWHiTe

[12]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 3
    I really cant understand why this show was canceled, it was amazingly done, just perfect, except for the who kid who could play piano who turned out to be gay crap, no one needs to see that crap.

OrsonWright

[13]Jul 31, 2006
    I just added another storyline they were planning for Season 5 to the list... Nina finding out she was pregnant with Jake's child.

charmed05

[14]Jul 31, 2006
    why would nina be pregnant? I don't think so.

OrsonWright

[15]Jul 31, 2006

charmed05 wrote:

According to an interview with Greg Berlanti, that was one of the planned storylines in Season 5. 

robinowoman

[16]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 1
    I wished the show would go on and bringing back Madison would be good! None of us fans ever saw Ephrams son and they could find a good storyline for them. And now Nina is engaged since Andy proposed to her why can't they bring that show back for us to see the wedding and find some more interesting story lines. How can we save EVERWOOD? I bought a dvd and I want to save EVERWOOD but how can we get that back on this years fall lineup? Does anyone know if Everwood is coming back on? My husband and I loved watching this show and the fariswheel part why stop there? Why not continue?

charmed05

[17]Aug 1, 2006

he had a son?

HeavenWood

[18]Aug 3, 2006

charmed05 wrote:

he had a son?

Have you just recently started watching Charmed05?

Would have loved to see the Nina Andy wedding I’ve supported them since the Thanksgiving episode in year one. Also would have liked seeing Andy’s dad again and seeing more about Delia

I’m afraid I don’t like Nina having Jakes baby, not at all. For the first time after reading that it made me glade that Everwood ended.
    Edited on 08/02/2006 11:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

SMGslayer97

[19]Aug 3, 2006
    OrsonWright wrote:
    charmed05 wrote:

According to an interview with Greg Berlanti, that was one of the planned storylines in Season 5. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they had her pregante. But...I mean maybe they would have her think it was Jake's but turn out to be Andy's.

Shadow-Master16

[20]Aug 3, 2006
    SMGSlayer, thats the only way I would want it to happen. I mean, if they want to involve an Ex of Nina's, just bring Carl back in. There are issues that haven't been addressed there, and I think that it would be really beneficial to everyone.

If she was pregnant with Jake's baby...Idk, it would just be too repetitive and frankly, I want Andy and Nina together, without any "huge" struggles. But hey, thats just me.