Everwood

The WB (ended 2006)

boom-moo

Everwood Fan Reviews (164)

• everwood

great show!

put it on netflix!!
  • Without a doubt, the best show ever.

To me, this show is truly a masterpiece, a work of art and I don't think that no other show will touch me as much as everwood did. I started watching Everwood when I, like Dr. Brown, had lost my partner. Mine didn't die, but nevertheless, I could relate to what he was going through. Because of this, and the fact that I also think that I'm just like Ephram made me attached to the show on a level I can't describe. To me, this was as good as it gets. I will always return to Everwood, I have seen every episode 6 times or more and I can never be fed up. I don't care that I know what is going to happen, I just like to have an hour every now and then when I visit everwood and forget everything else.

You probably wont like everwood as much as I do, but if you can see anything of what I see in this show, not only will you have a fantastic time watching it, you will gain a true genuine friend that will make you a better person.
  • small town life

(re-posting since my old account access became lost)

This was a really good show. In my previous review I indicated all that need to be said. Upon reconsideration I found 2 main flaws.

First, Linda Abbott. The whole plot around her was weak. Her background was weak. Her character was weak. She was merely spliced into the show and just as quickly taken away without any indication. The impetuous direction for her to run away during an episode and coincidentally meeting Dr. Brown at the train station is far fetched and barely plausible for an acceptable parting. There was no emotion, no sense of "character loss".

Second, the Madison fiasco escalation in S3E17 was absolutely unnecessary. It stood as a major impetus for creating a fourth season, but overall merely stood to classically destroy the joyful moment in the lives of everyone in contact with Ephram. There wasn't even the slightest delay in time of happiness before everything was ripped away and a false sense of hope and guilt-ridden joy overtook the minds of everyone around the young protagonist. Though it did stand to set a new extreme for Ephram's raging defunct mannerisms. It attempted to highlight personalities he shared with his father but overall created a sense of false disdain and scorn in 1 person, changing essentially the whole dynamic of the Brown family. Things worked out in the very end, especially the final episode, but the audience never had a chance to enjoy and live the final stability that settled into the air over a quick 4-5 episodes that had its own jagged story line.

Great show, but it had some major flaws trumping even soap opera scandals. In the end, aside form all the abrupt stories plaguing its final season just like many shows before it, Everwood was a good watch. In a grand sense, it revels the microcosm of a small life that each of us have at some level.
  • Just another thought

Great show, but it had some major flaws trumping even a soap opera scandal.
  • A wonderful decent show. WHY IS IT OVER??!!

"Everwood" is the kind of show that's different than so many other. It's the kind of show you'd want to watch if you want to be emotionally comfortable. What I like about this wonderfully decent show is that it's so real. The characters are so incredibely close and you feel connected with them and hung on that you want to know whether or not Ephram's going to end up with Amy or not.

--"Everwood" is an absolute special. You cannot find a better drama than Everwood. Why is it over!! please bring it back! It's awesome, and I love it! Everwood is just simply...special in its own unique way.
  • Very good family show.

What I love about Everwood is that the characters have flaws. They're not perfect, but some characters still happen to be some of the most charming characters on television.

Everwood deals with real issues and tends to show every side. The plots can be controversial at times, and never sugar coated. Each episode has the ability to bring you to tears.

This show is an extremely underrated, quiet show, and if you're not watching you're missing out on a touching story with great acting and a whole lot of heart.

Everwood will always have a place in my heart for being one of my favorite family shows ever. I say this not based on the story-lines themselves.
  • What can i say. I'm still depressed the cw cancelled it.

Theres really so much to say about this series. It's A Classic. The Relationship between Amy & Ephrem, The Dynamic between Dr. Andy Brown and Dr. Harold Abbot. The great Edna and Irv. It's one of the few shows the whole family can sit down and enjoy. It's so hard to write a review when there is so much quality stuff to write about it. This show ended way to soon especially with some of the garbage the cw still airs. This show had a chance to be here a long time and it ended far too soon. It's a shame. What a Classic.
  • great

I was never a huge fan of this show but I did like most of the episodes I saw. My sister got me into this show and I was never that into it, but it was nice. It had a nice balance of plot and emotion and drama {which is of course what the series is about}, and nice humor, especially in the earlier series. This is definitely a good show, not one of my favorites but it is nice and decent with great storylines and great, interesting characters. My overall grade for this show is a B+ or so
  • It was good!

As I just said in the summary this used to be a great show.. I watched all the episode at least twice and now sometime I watch the re-runs when I catch them on television. In this show we learn, through the narrator voice (Irv's), the story of the people of a small town called Everwood. The main characters are the Browns. Basically Andrew (the father) is dealing with the problems related to the raising of his son and his daughter. Andrew decided to move in this small town with his family after the death of the wife. When they lived in New York he was one of the most famous doctor in the world, and now he decided to be a "free-doctor", in fact he is very rich and he really doesn't need more money.
    It is a shame that they closed it up so fast. You really get caught up in the story since the very first episode. And once you get to know everyone you will like all the characters.. even Arold Abbot..
    In Everwood you can find a lot of commedy a lot of romance and even drama.. I still can't believe they shut it up so fast.
  • Love it !!! Never been interested in TV Series until now

I was not a series freak and I use to pay out on friends for sitting and watching series after series until I found Everwood. And I let everyone know when I am watching so there is no interuption. Please release the full series on DVD and It would be the first that I would own. This show should be put onto the BEWARE ADDICTIVE list as I use to try and watch it when it was on tele put could never quite catch every episode. Now with DVD I have spent days watching. I would love for it to be back on TV. Love It!!!!!!!!!!
  • Everwood has to be the best family show of all time!

Everwood has to be the best family show of all time! You could learn lots of ways to communicate with your family from it!!! It has to be my fav! This show is for anyone of all ages. You can relate to the carracters so easily. Talk about the most life like tv show ever. Ephram is so real his and his father's story is so heartwarming. Amy is the wonderful girl next door that in the end you think she will end up with the guy but allways makes some stupid mistake, yeah thats her! I say if your looking for a great show to sit down and watch this would be it!!!!
  • this show is about a family that lives in New York City and after loosing someone they move to a little town called Everwood.

this is good it's a little weired at fist and boring but i gets better.the story line is ok it could be better but they way it is fine.i really like the people and there pads in life.Also liked the way they made every character deal with different problems.there is no one in this show of the main characters that does not have to go throw some life changing situation.the bad thing was that they ended ti after 3 seasons i wish they would bring it back at least for 1 or 2 more seasons. so don't forget this show good at fist gets better towers the end.
  • A widowed father and his to childeren move from New York to Everwood Colorado.

A widowed father and his to childeren move from New York to Everwood Colorado.He was a famous surgeon who was never home. After his wife dies he decides he has to get out of New York and they move to Everwood. It's a very small town where everyone knows everyone. He begins a practice with free medical care. Dr Abbott, the other doctor in town is not happy with this. He also has to learn how to become a good father. His son Ephram hates him because he was never home. His daughter Delia is still a little girl. Ephram falls in love with Amy, Dr Abbotts daughter. She however already has a boyfriend in a coma. This was the start of a great family show. What I liked most about it was the relationship between Andy and Ephram. I also loved the romance between Amy and Ephram. Everwood was a great show that ended to soon.
  • the best tv show ever

Everwood has got to be the best tv show ever created, its always exploring interesting topics, the characters are great. its a shame it was cut after just 4 seasons. i miss watching it. as soon as you hear that theme tune you just cant wait. its quite sad how they brought out season one on dvd but not 2, 3, and 4. it is the best show ever created and it should never have been over so soon. once you have watched one episode you just want more and more. its absolutely fantastic the best best show EVER EVER. BRING OUT ALL SEASONS ON DVD
  • The best family drama to have graced television! This is no understatement. Everwood is an incredible show, depicting friendship, love, family dynmaics in a very realistic, and meaningful way.

How many times do you see a 15 year old guy, when asked by his father how his day was, admit that "I'm in love with a girl whose in love with a guy in coma" and actually mean it? I didn't think so. Gregory Smith's Ephram and Emily Van Camp's Amy are the best tv couple period! How many shows end with their series finale coming in as their creatively best episode in the series? Everwood does: By providing a glimpse of happiness for each character, the show goes out on top! Watching 89 hours of Everwood is more than watching a tv show, it is an experience that will change your life!
  • I fell in love with this show until it was cancelled. It's, really, my favourite of all time.

Everwood had all what a good show can gave: family and love relationships, good plots, and a big storm of feelings. With Everwood, I laughed, I cried, I fell in love with the characters and their lives. I watched the show alongside my father, who loved the four seasons too, and i can assure you that there's nothing better to watch in family. Everwood it's kind of a magic, beautiful place, a city hide on the fantastic mountains of Colorado, where everything can happen, and where foreign people are received with open hearts. I think everyone's dream is that, one day, they could visit Everwood and stay there... don't you agree? 10/10, foreverwood :)
  • This show is about Dr. Andy Brown and his two children who goes to live in a small town after the death of thier mother.

I first started watching this show when it was over and they started to play re-runs on ABC Family. I feel in love with this show instantly. I made sure that I was in front of the t.v everyday at 6 to watch it. The storylines are very thrilling and people can relate to them. I don't feel that any of the characters overpower each other and you can fall in love with any of them. If I could pick any of them as my favorite I don't think I could. This show is definatly one of the best, and I wish that it would have stayed on longer. But I can't wait for them to get the re-runs back on ABC Family in the fall. You better believe I am going to watch them all over agian. :]]
  • A show about a single father and gis two children in the small town of Evedrwood.

I discovered this show last fall while it was rerunning on ABC Family. I quickly fell in love with the show and its very relatable charachters. THis show makes it so easy to get totally attached to all the characters. It had me waiting very unpatiently for the next episode on the next day. I rarely missed an episode and if I did I was crushed that I didnt get to spend my day with Amy, Ephram, Bright Hannah, and Dr. Brown. I cant get enough of this show and can not wait until it comes on with more reruns so I can spend my day with them. Most episodes were enjoyable but serious and always hilarious. I especially loved the series finale though it was sad, it was perfect.
  • I really loved this show..I am 17 and have 2 kids.. this makes u think of all the possibilities.. I really miss not being able to watch this show everyday at 6:00. I never missed any one of the episodes..

I love this show.. i have two kids of my own.. and i am only 17.. this is the only thing i had just for myself.. this hsow taught me and so many more about life. and how it can change in a instant.. I really miss not being able to watch it everytime it came on at 6 o'clock. Me and my friends used to make a lil party out of it.. and all get together just to watch it.. I would really love to know about what happens with amy and ephram after they tel each other how they feel.. I would love to see their relationship expand and become something more... and what about deila and her pony.. I would like to see andy and nina actually have the wedding and get married..How does nina son sam take to the engagement or even their marriage!?.. And that mysterious trip andy took.. Where too!?.. what was it for!?.. I would like to also know about Hannah and Bright.. Did hannah take the offer at university of Notre Dame!?.. or didint she.. so she could stay with Brigh!?..Did Edna leave Everwood!?.. Or didnt she..!? .. Did Harold and Rose keep the baby they found on their doorstep..!?.. I would love to see this show go on for a much longer time.. It has so much unresolved inssues.. and so many loose ends.. u need to elaborate on... I and many more love to see A LOT more episodes and seasons of Everwood for a very long time.. I just havent seen the need to watch t.v. for the last year going on two because the best show was cancelled.. Please consider mine and the rest of the peoples opinions that have put reviews on here.. and their feelings about this whole entire show.. every season.. every episode.. It is truly worth while to put it back on the air.. And make more.. This show is brilliant and needs more than one chance to prove it..
  • A doctor and his family moves to a town after his wife dies.His older son feels like an outsider with only one true friend(Amy).The only other doctor in town happens to also be Amy's father.Filled with love, laughter, and tears it takes you on a long ride

This show is so amazing. It just leaves me speachless after every episode. One of my favourite characters was Madison. She was just so amazing after eveything that happened. Sometimes it brought tears to my eyes, and sometimes it made me laugh. It was something that I could look forward to every week. I think that it is realy amazing how they make sure that things don't end up perfect. After every season, things are shaky and they never completly heal and that is what makes it so good. It can show you that even if your life sucks, being around the people you love can make all the difference in the world. I would definatly reccomend this show to anyone who want a long term love. You will fall in love with this show and will not want to let go.
  • After the lose of his wife Dr Andy Brown moves his two kids (Ephram and Delia) to Everwood keeping a promise to his wife.

I think Everwood is an outstanding show. Dr Brown (Treat Williams) does his best to fix his relationship with his son Ephram (Gregory Smith) which isn't easy since he has to make up for missing 15 years.By the end of the show they have a better relationship, it can by no means be compared to the parent cild relationship in Gilmore Girls but they have your basic father son relationship. He also has to battle DR. Abbott (Tom Amandes) whose office is across the street at first and later they become partners. Ephram is only struggling with his relationship with his father but also with piano playing and his relationship with Amy (Emily VanCamp) daughter of his father's rival. Like in Gilmore Girls the townspeople are odd but it only adds to the humor and charm of the show. There is really no way to describe this show you just have to watch it to see what your missing.
  • I would truly appreciate the return of Everwood. They say the ratings were low?? No one asked, I rarely missed an episode - and loved every one of them! Consider returning Everwood to family channel.

I enjoyed this show more than any other show wached. I have never even liked a show enough to review, or consider looking up on line. I rarely watch tv, but this show was the best. I would rate 7th Heaven 2nd. Please consider the return of this show. The show that replaced it at that time slot wasn't worth watching. Please Please reconsider.
  • we really want Everwood to come back...we love the show soooooooo much..PLEASE bring it back,,,,Please...we miss the show bad....

Please bring everwood back..all the people on the show was excellent...we just love the show and please bring it back...we are missing it...we keep looking for the show to come on and no show... i had to look it up on the net to see what was going on with the show.... no more show ;0(
  • Dr. Andrew Brown is a world-class neurosurgeon in Manhattan. When a tragic accident happens, he moves his family to Everwood, Colorado. This series follows all the struggles of raising two teenagers as a single parent.

Everwood is a great family show. It shows the real struggles of a single parent raising two teenage children. Their lives are changed when they meet the people of Everwood. As one of my personal favorite shows, I recommend this to all familys. It may not be suitable for all ages, but for most. Mild language, and some grown-up content, but nothing too bad. It's all just part of life, and the truth that everyone should know. This critically acclaimed show, is a treat for the whole family, and if you don't like it, you may be too Siomon Cowell-ish, no offense. So watch the show and see for yourself what everyone, including me, are raving about.
  • Ephram, Dr. Brown And Delia move to Everwood, Colorado. Dr Brown, a famous Brain Surgeon opens up a small doctors office in Everwood. Ephram has to overcome the pain of losing his mother, just as Dr Brown and Delia. Ephram falls in love with Amy.

This is the best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE this show. I was soooooooo mad when they took it off of ABC Family. Now they are bringing it back in the Fall!!! Yay!! This show is wonderful, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It has many "Topics" in it. Like, love, romance, friendships, illnesses, accidents(colin's), and many others! Thats all I could think of right now! Anyway, This show is great! It has become, well, My New Best Friend!
  • Not bad, not bad.

Everwood. The story of a man and his family, whom upon a tragic death, uproot their life in New York city and move to Everwood, Colorado.

Treat Williams pulls off a fine display as Dr. Andrew Brown, a single father trying to restart his life after an emotional loss. Andy tries hard to fix things, be it a local marriage, the town's awareness of STDs, or his less than perfect relationship with his son, Ephram, played by Gregory Smith. Ephram, a gifted pianist, has his own troubles to deal with... notably his "new guy" status and the connection he makes with Amy Abbot, daughter of his father's medical rival and girlfriend of the local 'Mr. Popular'.

All in all, the series plays out wonderfully. The lush setting of Everwood keeps it far from the fancy glitz often seen in today's television, and gives the show a home feel to it. The developing characters weave together a complete picture of the mountain town. A place where everyone knows one another, and community is hard to avoid.

In my personal opinion, Everwood is one of the best shows on television today. With as much emphasis as there is being put on bright lights and big city, it is refreshing to find a down to earth realistic show that doesn't scream for attention through forced drama and scandalous plot.
  • I miss this show so much!

Everwood was an amazing show. During its four year run viewers encountered a phenomenal character in Ephram Brown. He was smart, talented and witty. After the death of his mother left his all too busy father in shock, Ephram and his younger sister Delia were relocated from the busy city of New York to middle of America - Everwood, Colorado. Having been estranged from his father due to his busy work schedule as a top neurosurgeon, Ephram found it difficult to adjust to a life forced being around his father and away from everything he knew. But, when on the first day of school Ephram met Amy, he knew he found something more interesting in this small town.

Over the course of the show's run, Everwood explored numerous issues that all people face nowadays. It tackled it in a realistic and practical manner, never simply solving a problem with a religious answer or the easy way out. This show was especially relatable for young people as things such as pregnancy/sex, relationships, self-image, school, future issues were presented and dealt with in a believable way. Everwood was always completely honest and this was its most appealing quality. It was a raw, open show that invited you to explore your own mind and enter into the lives of a group of very special people.

Everwood will stick with me forever as I valued the absolute honesty it gave. The characters and their stories were incredible and I'll always remember this show as it helped me realise so many things as I grew up along with the characters. I thank the writers, the actors and everyone involved for their commitment to such an amazing project and for the wonderful impact this show had on my life.
  • Anything this good deserves a eulogy. This is long overdue.

I need to take a few minutes and recognize the demise of great television. Not just good television. Not just entertaining television. Great television.

Everwood was almost too good to be associated with anything else that was available for viewing. The writing was spectacular, with just enough extra drama to separate it from most of our own, rather dull by comparison, lives. The characters that the writers created were deep, rich, and constantly evolving. And oh, so real. There were always situations developing that so many of us could relate to. The dialog was perfect, neither too quick-hitting nor too dragged out. And we have all experienced the feeling of having thought of the perfect response to someone during a conversation. For most of us, it doesn't happen often enough, but there are hundreds of examples of it in the Everwood episodes. The writers have my sincere thanks for creating these wonderful people, and for making me care about every one of them. I'm serious. Everwood is the only series where I can remember that happening. It was a joy to not only watch Andy and Ephram evolve and develop their relationship, and to watch Ephram's and Amy's relationship ebb and flow, but to witness Bright's maturation, and the moments of softness that crept into Harold Abbott's persona, as well as Edna's, and to witness the true depth of Harold's and Rose's relationship. I could give a thousand other examples, but I won't here. Even the humor in each episode seemed to be perfectly placed, and was often, for me, laugh-out-loud funny. Thank you for that, too.

To the directors, I say thank you for conveying the beauty and grandeur of where Everwood was set, while keeping the stories rooted in everyday life. A show of this tremendous caliber deserves a setting that is regal and grand, and it made the show just that much better.

Finally, to the actors, you have my deepest appreciation. Bringing the characters to life was done perfectly, and you made me care about each one. Everyone's greatest assets and most tragic flaws were perfectly explored and developed, and each one's nuances were conveyed brilliantly. Watching the development of everyone was a joy. Thank you for making them imperfect and real. I miss them, much more than I should. A special thank you goes out to Treat Williams, who was very kind to my mother when, in a diner in New York state, she came to the realization that she was looking at her favorite personality, Dr. Andy Brown. The excitement would not leave her voice when she called to tell me about it.

The world needs more shows like Everwood. I have to ask myself, though, how often the perfect combination of writing, directing and acting is going to come together. Sad to say, not often enough. But we had it, didn't we? For four years, we had it. We had a glimpse of exactly how good television can be. We should be thankful for that. And I am thankful. I'm just sorry that the ride is over. In the end, what we really need is more Everwood.
  • Everwood was a classic example of good TV. I looked forward to monday nights in where as a family we could sit down and watch a show without murder, mayhem and language. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!

I loved this show, I can't understand that such a popular show was cancelled. If they aren't going to bring it back, release the complete show on dvd, I would definatly buy it. This show was great for family viewing, as a family we coulfd all sit down and watch together. I looked forward to mondays because of the show. I hope that the producers and the stations read these comments and see that we need this show back, more show like Everwood are needed on tv, to show young people what good values are. This show was a keeper and they took it off the air, BRING IT BACK!
  • Ooh How I miss you !

Just read an article on wikipedia about why everwood was axed and i have to say it make me even more outraged. Runaway was cancelled and only aired 3 times last season and 7th heaven is not drawing any numbers to yell victory in general the cw is lacking what promise it showed .... everwood is my all time fav show and i watch season one every once in a while trying to fill in a void on my monday night.... Oooh I miss you Everwood !
< 1 2 3 4 5 6