Everybody Hates Chris

Everybody Hates Back Talk

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 03, 2009 on The CW

• Chris refuses to do his household chores; Mr. Omar gets a report that he died and starts saying anything. AWESOME!

This episode is SOOO Great. It has so many awesome things:
    *I love how Chris gets Maturer and refusing and annoying-youthieness in this episode.
    *I love how Mr. Omar shouted Julius is Cheap.
    *What I love the MOST about this episode is how Chris and his father's relationships tighten, and when Chris's mom forcibly removes Chris from the house. The story? On one day, Rochelle (as usual) asks Chris to clean the table and wash the dishes (after Chris Rock; the narrator; explains that when your parents tell you to do something, you DO it). Chris suddenly says no. She threatens to tell her father, causing tension.

I can't explain the episode, but for the LINK to the Episode (watchable), Check out:

• Shows a return to form

When Chris decides to take a stand against Rochelle by refusing to do clear the table and do the dishes, I immediately new this would be a fantastic episode. Rochelle is such a dynamic character - her mannerisms, facial expressions and the way she gets her point acroos makes her one of the strongest leads on the show. Now Chris definitely had a point and I actually thought he would succeed in it. I loved Rochelle's reaction to Chris calling her bluff as it showed her tough exterior isnt as bulletproof as she likes to think. Julius' talk with Chris was spot on but when he turned on Chris at the end and taold Chris to 'clear the table and do the dishes' - the realisation of children never win really sunk in with Chris.

A really funny episode that has joined my list of favourites: Everybody Hates the Babysitter, Everybody Hates Snow Day, Everybody Hates Bad Boys and now this one!
  • Chris says no to his mother.

I will be honest, I watch a lot of TV. A lot. But even that was not enough to justify watching Everybody Hates Chris when there are so many other options out there. I was contemplating giving it up.

And then this episode came along, which restored my faith in the series. I was not rolling on the floor laughing, there were not many "lol" moments, but it was a good story from start to finish. It featured a much-anticipated natural clash between Rochelle and Christopher and was written perfectly.

And of course, you can't go wrong with having Mr. Omar do absolutely anything on the show.