Everybody Hates Chris

Everybody Hates The Buddy System

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 06, 2006 on The CW

• buddy system

Jason Alexander of Seinfeld fame guest starred here. Obviously appearing on The CW is a huge step-down for the actor, but then again he has not done anything of note in years. His scenes were funny (keep your hands off my school lunch system!) and he definitely could have helped this show as a recurring character, but this was his first of two appearances on the show. The storyline with Chris and Caruso was mildly amusing, but today the cutaway scenes were so obtrusive. Rochelle was never held captive in Mexico, okay? Let us try to be serious for a minute here.
  • The best so far...

Jason Alexander was absolutely superb as the new principal of Corleone High. This was an outstanding episode with hilarious bits and references and one-liners that all together make a great comedy produce a great episode. The new principal, Mr. Edwards, decides that the best way to solve the issues between Chris and Caruso is to have them become buddies on a school field trip. So the Buddy System means that Chris and Caruso have to stay together but then the bus leaves them and this leads to a lot of hilarious dialogues between the two when they are forced to take the subway. When Rochelle's favorite earrings are missing Tanya is the prime suspect. Julius tries to find a Wayne Gretzky jersey for Drew and when he does, it is spelt wrong. The fantasy scene where Drew shouts at Julius and is then carried out in a strecher had me in stitches. A recommended episode!
  • Great Show!!

This is the first time I have watched the show and thought it was very good. My little sistem (Mackenzee Donham)played Jennifer, the nerdy girl in the episode. She is going to become a reoccuring character and will be in the eggs episode next. Great Show!!! Way to go Mackenzee!!!