Everybody Hates Chris Forums

The CW (ended 2009)

Terrible News!!

Jim856796

[21]May 11, 2009
    • level: 14
    The fourth season cannot be the final season of Everybody Hates Chris. If the series ends after the G.E.D. episode, it will be a cliffhanger. Instead of cancelling the show after four seasons, why doesn't the CW renew it for a fifth season, taking the number of episodes to 110. That fifth season should (have) be(en) the last season for the series and it should get a proper finale in the 110th episode. Just like I said two years ago that the CW was afraid of Reba McIntyre, The CW should be afraid of Chris Rock!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rqs_007

[22]May 21, 2009
    • level: 6

I'm very upset a show as good as "Everybody Hates Chris" has been canceled. They took a show in a decent spot on Sundays and moved it to Friday nights when no one watches TV. Then they cancel it due to ratings. How many times have we seen this before? Predominantly black shows that start off successfully and somehow finds itself on a Friday night or in the same time slot as another popular black show so that they cancel each other out. "The Bernie Mac Show"? "Wanda At Large", "Cedric The Entertainer Presents", and so on and so on. What are the Nielsen Ratings based on anyway? They're trying to get me to believe that last week more African-Americans watched "Desperate Housewives" than predominantly black shows? Absolutely not one black person I work with watches "Desperate Housewives" and there are 38 of us in my office. Yet it's #9 on last week's Nielsen Rating list for blacks? Yeah, right! TV.com has "EHC" is ranked #34 in Comedies on television in this decade. #100 overall in all genres from this decade. An overall rating of 8.8 out of 10. Ranked #804 out of 18,151 shows (Top 95% percentile). Yet, no one is watching. But, I digress.

The point I'm trying to make is: since "The Cosby Show", has anything ever been really given a chance when it comes to black shows? I know black dramas never make it on broadcast networks, but I thought comedies were allowed to have a chance. "EHC" was the most creatively written show I've seen since "Seinfeld". The storylines made the show interesting just as the cast of characters. This was a show I thought I'd see go 10 seasons easily. Instead, I get "Melrose Place", "90210", and "Gossip Girls". The same show with three different names. Nothing original, just good-looking white women, bad acting, and similar storylines. Thanks a lot CW! But don't worry. I'm sure black people who were fans of "Girlfriends" and "The Game" (even though I personally thought both shows were garbage) will forgive you. Not!

Edited on 05/21/2009 9:55am
    Edited 2 total times.

rockymtnbri

[24]May 21, 2009
    • level: 11
    Sorry to see it go, but it did at least end. I'll be picking up the fourth season on DVD and be able to enjoy the entire series as much as I'd like. BIG MAN!!

rjjh

[25]Jun 28, 2009
    • level: 3
    rqs_007 wrote:

I'm very upset a show as good as "Everybody Hates Chris" has been canceled. They took a show in a decent spot on Sundays and moved it to Friday nights when no one watches TV. Then they cancel it due to ratings. How many times have we seen this before? Predominantly black shows that start off successfully and somehow finds itself on a Friday night or in the same time slot as another popular black show so that they cancel each other out. "The Bernie Mac Show"? "Wanda At Large", "Cedric The Entertainer Presents", and so on and so on. What are the Nielsen Ratings based on anyway? They're trying to get me to believe that last week more African-Americans watched "Desperate Housewives" than predominantly black shows? Absolutely not one black person I work with watches "Desperate Housewives" and there are 38 of us in my office. Yet it's #9 on last week's Nielsen Rating list for blacks? Yeah, right! TV.com has "EHC" is ranked #34 in Comedies on television in this decade. #100 overall in all genres from this decade. An overall rating of 8.8 out of 10. Ranked #804 out of 18,151 shows (Top 95% percentile). Yet, no one is watching. But, I digress.

Extremely accurate observation.

rqs_007 wrote:

The point I'm trying to make is: since "The Cosby Show", has anything ever been really given a chance when it comes to black shows?

Not really. The existence of CW is among the worst tragedies to befall television. Whatever replaces Chris is bound to do much worse in the rankings. Among other bad decision these executives thought "Aliens in America" would outperform "All of Us", so it's clear they have no business making programming decisions. As of now I have no interest in watching anything on CW.

Edited on 06/28/2009 2:23pm

IHeartSB

[26]Jul 14, 2009
    • level: 13
    I've now heard that this show is going to be part of the Nick at Nite lineup starting in September. I know that my information may or may not be right cause I got it from wikipedia, but lately they have been right about many things. If that is the case then I'm not watching cause I have no interest in this show. The only reason I'm here is to report this.

KingofIPirates

[27]Aug 13, 2009
    • level: 32
    What a shame a show like is cancelled while far inferior shows get to stay on the air. The CW is slowly becoming a graveyard for once great shows that were cut short before their time.

ImAwesome66

[28]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 6

is it just me or does every good show have something bad happen to it and bad shows are renewed?

Trixiebella

[29]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 1
    moshjahan wrote:
    There is definitely something ominous about to happen in that final scene. Who was that guy that Chris tracks from the moment he walks is to the moment he disappears to the back of the restaurant? Loved the family sing along to Livin On A Prayer.

I just watched the episode. The way they kept cutting to julius made me think that guy was going to do something that resulted in Julius being hurt or killed, and the 4 of them singing was symbolic of them now being the family unit. It's why I came on here, to see if there were any clues as to what happened...and I found out something worse. It's not going to be on anymore. Such a shame because it's a great show.

Beastgirl2

[30]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 11

IHeartSB wrote:
    I've now heard that this show is going to be part of the Nick at Nite lineup starting in September. I know that my information may or may not be right cause I got it from wikipedia, but lately they have been right about many things. If that is the case then I'm not watching cause I have no interest in this show. The only reason I'm here is to report this.

Yeah, it's on Nick at Nite now. I had never even heard of it before, but I've watched a couple of episodes, and so far I love it! It's really funny and enjoyable. I don't get the CW channel, but I guess it's the one that plays Gossip Girl, 90210, One Tree Hill, etc. -- shows I've never seen before but have heard about and they sounded really stupid. Is it possible that this show was just on the wrong channel to begin with?

FOP123456

[31]Dec 20, 2009

The show has no ending I just don't get it what happens?

kito10

[32]Jan 8, 2010
    [QUOTE="03bgood"]This show will probably get cancelled. Yet they can continue cool stuff like Tyler Perry's House of Payne. God, TV is cool nowadays!! I mean every show is getting better and better

kyfm

[33]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 5
    [QUOTE="kito10"]
    03bgood wrote:
    This show will probably get cancelled. Yet they can continue cool stuff like Tyler Perry's House of Payne. God, TV is cool nowadays!! I mean every show is getting better and better

it was cancelled why are u saying that almost a yr later. the real chris rock dropped out of high school so maybe that was the plan all along. what would they have done after his g.e.d. test? follow chris on his early yrs of stand up comedy. i thought the main point of the show was chris rock and his childhood before he became famous. to continue it beyond that i dont know.