Everybody Hates Chris

The CW (ended 2009)

Everybody Hates Chris Fan Reviews page 4 of 6

• Poor Chris

For a start setting a comedy series in the 80s was a great idea. Everything about the 80s is funny from its fashion (shoulder pads for women) to its slightly dated views on racial issues (which is played upon well). All the characters are unique and funny in their own way. My favourite being the father, 'thats 15c worth of spilt milk!'

Needless to say the narration by the man himself is sidesplittingly funny at the worst of times. As is the plot of most episodes. The best however slightly unorigional feature of this series is how sometimes it will trick the viewer into thinking everything turned out ok and then show what actually happened. Gets me everytime. Comedy genious, I demand more!
  • Chris rock`s story of his life (Yes the guy form the longest yard !) This a show on his whole life and some episodes are wothless but some are good.

Overall a decent show i think the thing that let`s it down is that it isn`t funny enough the episodes are great but some of them lack the comedy if you like chris rock definetly watch but even if you don`t you`ll still like it a great way to end your sunday night .

It is on at 8:00 - 8:30 and another 1 at 8:30- 9:00 good show but not great .

Got to use these words up dad i want chicken plz plz plz plz ok son .

add me on msn baileyboy7@hotmail.co.uk k k k k k kk k
  • funny show about chris rock's childhood.

this is a really funny show about the famous actor chris rock, this show is about his childhood, but its really funny cause his mother is a badas*, his father tries to save as much money as he can, his sister always tells on him and his brother is much more popular then him and he is younger. this is a funny show taht will leave wanting to watch it, in th show he is poor so its halarius because he cant buy the things he likes cause his father is a cheap basta*d, well anyone it is a funny show so just watch it.
  • very funny and hillarious James Tyler Williams is great and chris rocks narating genious.

funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny thats all i have to say. its great
  • quite funny

i was never really a big fan of chris rock, but when i seen this show was coming to the uk on channel 5 i decided to give it ago, as it was on a sunday, and all i do on a sunday was relax and watch tv. i found eveybody hates chris to be quite amusing, its harmless fun and can be watched by all, young and old. if you havent seen the show id recommend you give it a try you might like it. the characters of chris and chris's dad are great. a decent honest family show.
  • Awesome show

The life of Chris Rock as a, kid who wouldnt wanna see that.This show is about (as I said before) Chris Rocks life as a kid.Its really funny because Chris thinks dat everybody hates him (just like the title says).Chris has to go to school that is like across town.There a boy beats him up every day.If you still didnt see it you really should.
  • A brilliant cast, brilliant writing and a brilliant show!

I never thought when I sat down and switched on UPN that I would come across one of the best shows I've ever seen. With it's elements of the fantastic Malcom in the Middle but with a huge slice of originality this show makes it into one of the best in this decade. The acting is almost 100% all the time and the child actors are fantastically talented. The show tells the story that could easily be a drama but somehow Chris Rock has managed to turn it into a laugh-out-loud 30mins that anyone would enjoy. Watch it!
  • It's a sitcom that is based on the routine of and the childhood of commedian Chris Rock.

The more I watch it the more I fall in love with it. It's a great show and Chris Rock was brilliant to have come up with it. He has a lot of material and if the writers keep doing what they are doing it could be around for sometime to come. The young man who portrays Chris Rock is really good and this is a show that I tape as well as watch everyweek so as not to miss it.
  • Chris Rock's life as a child

Everybody Hates Chris is a great newshow and although it doesn't compete with some of my other favourites, it is still very entertaining and informative.

I guess the best way to describe the format of the show is autobiographical sirtcom-documentary as it is both very funny and shows how a famous actor lived growing up, the title of the show speaking for itself.

The fact that the show is described by Chris Rock as an adult, looking back on his life is an original idea that6 I have not seen before and makes the show stand out for that reason.

Overall, Everybody Hates Chris is very good and is definitely worth watching.
  • Would be better if it was staring Chris Rock

I do like Everybody Hates Chris but there are flaws taking away its rating. First The PTC likes it because it is about kids. If it was about Chris Rock as an adult it would be funnier. Also Chris Rock is a very "Profane" comedian so it doset translate as well for him not to curse as much [if you heard his "Defending Rap" routine you would know what I mean].
  • This show is about a boy named Chris who has trouble taking care of his siblings, especially Tanya who likes getting him in trouble, and also tries to take care of himself due to the school bully. His best and only friend is Greg.

I love this show! My favourite episode so far out of the first 15 episodes would have to be Everybody Hates........Christimas! It was a very decent episode and unique from all other shows that have christmas shows in them. I reccommend this show to anyone who likes bullies, arguing becuase there is a whole lot of that in Everybody Hates Chris.
  • One of the best we need more shows like this one

This show is so great. I'm old enough to get all the jokes in the show without feeling old. This has potential to become the next "Cosby Show" meaning that it crosses racial and socio-economic boundaries. It is funny, very well written and the cast are all great actors. I know that the voice over thing is starting to get old but it works so well here. It's got this kinda like Wonder Years vibe to it
  • Pretty good show.

I will admit that I didn't really give this show a chance. I think it was because I too much TV. But my buddy told me that this show is funny. So I decided to give it a try and I will have to admit it was pretty funny. Hopefully it will stick around for a while.
  • very good show but it is not funny

the problam with the show that it is not funny
    but it is fun to look you know it is very interesting and it is graet i dont have any more to say so bla bla bla bla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla bla
  • Enjoyable show with one or two little problems.

Overall I really like \"Everybody Hates Chris,\" but I have one or two issues.

#1. Chris Rock\'s narration. He may be a brilliant comedian, but his acting, even when it\'s just a voiceover- is pretty bad. It doesn\'t help that he\'s basically SCREAMING all his lines. Louder doesn\'t mean better, Chris. He needs to tone it down about 1000 percent and just read the lines, because it\'s no fun to be yelled at while watching TV. Also sometimes his narration is just a word or two, which is jarring and seems out of place. Whatever\'s being said at that point may be a good joke- but it slows the entire scene down because you have to stop and figure out who said that, etc. It\'d be better to sacrifice jokes like that in favor of keeping the story moving. If they\'re really great jokes, figure out some other place to put them, but please don\'t just stick them into a scene where people are already talking, because it\'s hard to differentiate character dialogue with voicever and if we have to stop to do that, we get so far behind that we might as well just give up and change the channel.

#2. The mother. Once upon a time a character like the mother would have felt fresh and innovative. I\'m talking around 1965, when every mother on TV was like Mrs. Brady, etc. But in 2006, every mother on TV is just like the mother on \"Everybody Hates Chris.\" She\'s basically a clone of the mother from \"Malcolm in the Middle\" and that character has been duplicated basically on every sitcom that came along since \"Malcom\" premiered. The \"yells a lot/don\'t get her mad/but she really loves her family anyhow\" mom character feels SO overdone now that it\'s become about as realistic as Mrs. Brady ever was. I\'m sure the character on \"Everybody Hates Chris\" is slightly based on Chris Rock\'s real mother, but there\'s a little too much \"TV\" in there to make her seem like anything other than yet another sitcom carboard cutout. The dad character is kind of the same way (befuddled but loving) but at least he\'s funnier to watch than the mom character, who we\'ve now watched on countless sitcoms for the last 10 years. Frankly, these days it\'d be refreshing to see a character MORE like Mrs. Brady on a sitcom- if only because you don\'t see characters like that anymore. Whereas the mom on \"Everybody Hates Chris\" truly is a dime a dozen. It\'s televisions attempt to mirror real life, by creating a mother character who does more than bake cookies and ask how your day was, etc. Except they\'ve gone from one stereotypical extreme to the other and neither one of them is terribly satisfying to watch.

#3. Minor point here, but nonetheless valid: at the end of every show, the kid who plays Chris has the same dumb \"I\'m so surprised\" look on his face. Now and then it\'s funny- but in every single show? That\'s a bit much.

As I say, I really do like this show, but as good as it is- it really brings nothing to the table we haven\'t seen before. I guess Chris Rock is lucky- he got to grow up living a sitcom life. I say this because if \"Everybody Hate Chris\" is REALLY what his life was like, his life was a LOT like a really stereotypical sitcom. A good sitcom to be sure, but hardly a groundbreaking one.
  • A show thats actually good.

I've been watching the show every since it first aired, and this is one show that I look forward to seeing every week. The show follows the crazy childhood of Chris Rock. Each episode is packed with hilarious situations and outcomes that show what family is all about. This is defiantly a show to sit down and chill out to if you need a good laugh, or just a small chuckle. It has it all from school yard fights to sibling rivalry. The show only gets better and better, it keeps me coming back week after week. I give the show a complete 10 for being a family classic in my books.
  • Childhood through the memories of Chris Rock.

Original and very funny. Probably the only good thing on UPN. Great eighties music and references and hilarious situations.

Review Review Review Review Review Review Review Review Review Review Review Review Review Review
    Review Review Review.
  • ...and I thought UPN was down the drain.

I've always been watching syndication reruns on my local UPN affiliate but then I saw promos of Everybody Hates Chris and gave it a shot now that everybody 'loves' Chris. I saw only three of the episodes (still didn't get a chance to see the pilot yet) and I think the show is hilarious. I laughed non-stop and think this is a smart show. Thank you Chris Rock for putting out a show that we like.
  • Definitly a classic

Deifnitly a good one. Chris Rock has never once let us down so I hope he can keep up his good work with making us laugh through this show. Every episode so far has made me laugh. I love how Chris Rock has been able to take things from his childhood and seems to be able to laugh at a lot of it and has now let us get more of a glimpse into his pass with a few great laughs along the way. Hope this show is able to keep going for a while.
  • I have been watching rthis show since episode one.

I have been watching rthis show since episode one. This show is funny with a touch of real down home drama(family love). it does somewhat copies malcom in the middle in its first few seasons but there is stil a enough differance to keep your attention. The only problem is that its only thirty minutes.
  • This show is .... pretty decent

The story is pretty good, the actors are too, the kid who plys Chris makes some of the same faces as Chris Rock does, and the girl who plays his sister actually looks a little like him, it was great casting. I think Chris Rock narrating caps it off kind of like the way Ron Howard does in Arrested Development. This show is funny, which isn't that much of a shocker considering how funny Chris Rock is.
  • This show was Inspired by Chris Rock's life as a kid,Everybody Hates Chris takes place in NYC in the 1980s.Chris struggles to find his place while keeping his siblings in line and dealing with the pressures of juniorhigh school.he manages to make friends

When I saw the first episode of "Everybody Hates Chris". It is the first time I have seen a "situation comedy" in years that made me laugh aloud.

"Everybody Hates Chris" was so cleverly written that what could have been somewhat disturbing, like the schoolyard fight,was hilarious. The characters delivered their lines brilliantly. Chris's Mom has unique and rich lines that are not only funny, but they help define her character and the situation in which Chris lives. Somehow the writers manage to keep the adversaries from being hate objects - they simply move the funny storyline along.

I LOVE it. At last a REAL comedy.
  • I love this freakin show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok not tryin to say this show aint great i mainly watch it to see Tequan RIchmond he is fine. I love the shown though. Many peopel say that it has nothing to do with his childhood. And that it is madeup. I dotn care if its made up or not its a good shown and Chris Rock is a funny narrator. I love all the characters expecially Drew (FINE!!!) i love him but the show is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Everybody Hates Chris is the best comedy/show on UPN!

This is my favorite show on UPN. It\\\'s really the only good one. What makes this show so good is that every character is unique. Like Julius. He always talks about saving money. \\\"That $2.00 worth of candy in the trash!\\\" The show is smart because they make him say it every 5 shows or so so it doesn\\\'t get old too quick. Chris\\\' life is exactly what I would have thought of. It\\\'s crazy and full of people calling each other cracker. Hands down, Everybody Hates Chris is the best comedy on UPN. Who watches Eve any how right!
  • just started watching it a while ago, its great.

When i first heard about this show i thought "is it a spoof of everybody loves raymond???" but it is a great show and very funny. It's cool taht chris rock is the narrarator. And the actor who plays chris as a kid does a good job. I love this show.

EROK
  • Chris Rock actually makes a funny show.

I am not a big fan of Chris Rock but, I must admit that he did a nice job of developing this comedy. I like to call this a "Ghetto Wonder Years." The lead character is so cute and funny. I also think Tichina Arnold was the perfect choice for the mom. I have seen a few of Rock's stand up acts that barely recieved a chuckle, but I cannot stop laughing at this show.
  • This fresh show about Chris Rocks childhood will get your stomach jumping up your throat. Tyler Williams does a good job of playing Chris Rock and I think Terry Crews does an outstanding performance of playing Chris father Julius. ...

This fresh show about Chris Rocks childhood will get your stomach jumping up your throat. This show truly has all the kinds of comedy that we need. I didn't have much hope for this show until i gave the first episode a chance, and that got me stuck.
    Tyler Williams does a good job of playing Chris Rock and I think Terry Crews does an outstanding performance of playing Chris father Julius. I can berely wait until the next episode gets on tv.
    If you haven't seen an episode of this show yet, just give it a shot.
    Watch it! I know i will.
  • it is so funny it is great chris rock is the narrator . it is about his life it is a new show it is on thursdays at 8 on upn57

it is so funny it is great chris rock is the narrator it is about his life it is on 8 oclock on thursdays on upn57 as of 2005.

f f f f f gb vbgv vb cvv v vbv v v cv v v v vb vbbv vb b
  • It is THE best show out right now. I love this show so much. It's so original & I make sure I catch it every week!

It is THE best show out right now. I love this show so much. It's so original & I make sure I catch it every week! It is so much better than all the other shows out there at the moment. This show will probably make go down in history.
  • Chris = Awesome and definetly worth watching. Screw Smallville and Joey they're dead to me now....simply amazing. YOU-MUST-WATCH!

This has to be the best show this season other than My Name is Earl and Supernatural. a perfect mix of life, and comedy. I thought this was never gonna sail. This is much better than Smallville and Joey. It's sad to say, but it's true...Remember

Chris = wh00t!