Everybody Hates Chris

The CW (ended 2009)

Everybody Hates Chris Fan Reviews (170)

• I don't hate chris!

to start off with this show is really funny. its one of my fav shows on tv there needs to be dvds or more dvds if there are some already i havent bought any but i have some on my iPod and PSP. NEVEr eVER ENd ThIS ShOW! i love it so much i dont know how I could live without it it should come on FOX instead of CW thats how good it is. it isnt your average show. it always puts me in a good mood i watch it all the time. Chris rule so hard! I like it so much
  • this show is so funny

This show is a cult classic. Chris Rock does a good good good good job on this show. I dont hate Chris I love dis show.This show is so funny.
    My favorite part of this show is when Chirs and the little fat guy get to fighting.
    This show Great.

Motivated by his childhood experiences, Emmy Award-winner/actor/comedian Chris Rock, narrates this very hilarious & touching story of a teenager growing up as the oldest of three children in Brooklyn, New York during the early 1980s.
    Chris's dad Julius is the funniest dad i have ever seen on a sitcom,he is really cheap with his food stamps and generic food brands and trying to get the cheapest deal on absolutely everything. His mum Rochelle is really funny strict mother who Chris refers to as a ghetto snob. Drew or Dru( i don't know how it is spelled) is Chris's taller,younger and more skilled brother who gets all the girls without knowing it.Tonya is Chris's annoying little sister who always disobeys Chris and tries to get him in trouble all the time. This a funnier,black version of malcolm in the middle and i enjoy that show too.
  • Very funny, high-quality show. As funny as shows like Seinfield or Mad About You that were moved around until they found a larger audience.

Everybody Hates Chris is a show that needs a second chance. It is laugh out loud funny which is more than can be said for Ne Adventures of Old Christina and more entertaining than any of the reality shows.

Other shows have been moved around until they find a spot that works for them. Everybody... should be given such an opportunity. We need an opportunity to see stories about innocent youth, not thugs and drug dealers. Certainly they have their family squabbles, but who doesn't? The characters are realistic, talented, and Chris Rock is a funny, funny man. Keep Everybody and lose Cupid.
  • One of my favorites!

I find this show extremely funny and there's never a dull moment! Great cast!

I never watched Everybody hates Chris until this year and I love the show. The last episode is definitely a cliff hanger and I can only hope that somebody would have pity on the viewers and not leave us hanging. I even watched it over again to see if there were any clues besides Chris singing the lyrics about the guy working the dock as his mom tells him Drew and Tanya are at Docs, and the strange guy that came in the diner before drew and tanya. They focus on the rear of the dad's truck. . The guy looked at Chris and he looked back. For anybody that's a good sleuth that's too many coincidences and way too many open windows. And who wouldn't want to know what he scored on the GED?! The most haunting detail (I really am laughing out loud) is they didn't....DID NOT play everybody hates chris at the end. So now we are all left in suspense....... If there is anybody that pays attention to anything that is ever said about television viewing.....I hope the show is not cancelled and we get to find out what happened to Chris before he got famous.
  • Everybody may hate Chris but I love him!

I am three quarters of the way through season one of this show and I can't believe that I'm just now starting to watch this.

I'm currently on my third tour in the middle east and this is the perfect time to get into new shows. I have had the first season of Everybody Hates Chris for a while now but never really into it. Now I have to say that I can't get enough of it. For 20 or so minutes, this show never fails to make me forget that I'm away from home and in the desert.

The writing on this show is similar to a few others in that it doesn't seem scripted. The actors deliver their lines with a precision that truly makes me forget I'm watching a television show and makes me feel like I'm watching the life a young boy and his daily life.

I think the narration by Chris Rock is what truly makes this show unique and a pleasure to watch. I watch this show by myself and often catch myself laughing hard at the combination of Chris' comments and how they are visualized on the show.

I only have a few more episodes left to watch in season one and it's gonna kill me to have to wait until I get back home to watch the rest. For a Marine in his third tour in the middle east, second in Iraq, this show is a big moral booster, if only for 20 minutes at a time. I am definitely a fan of this show for as long as it's on the air.
  • One of the funniest shows to hit television.

This is a very funny show based on Chris's life. Everyone who watches it will enjoy it. Especially if you love Chris Rock, or hate him. It's definitly will have you laughing your shoes off. So make sure you don't miss one second of this show, cause I promise you will enjoy it.
  • Vanessa Makes The Show!

If only Jackee appeared in every episode!

There is a few scenes in this episode where Vanessa (played by Jackee Harry) is making a bet with some girls from her salon ('Nessa's) against the boys from the barber shop. If the girls lose the bet Vanessa has to go on a date with Kill Moves.

Rochelle is convinced that it's because Julius did the ironing that they the girls will win the bet. Turns out it just isn't so and they lose!

In the end everything turns out okay. Vanessa comes into the beauty salon on a natural high. To the girls' surprise it was because her date with Kill Moves was AMAZING!

Vanessa is such a wonderful character and I just can't wait until the episode titled "Everybody Hates Vanessa" comes out (which I'm sure will happen one day)!
  • Funny as hell

Another single thing that has the signature of the Super Comedian Chris Rock. This might seem as a great lie though it seems that life in the ghettos is like that. Not in that funny way but more or less the same way. Chris Rock narrating and even staring i think only to a single episode in season 3 still makes it interesting to watch. Nice series an i think i could take a couple more seasons if they decide to have them. THere is nothing to be said more just CHRIS ROCK is making people laugh their mind of all the time.
  • Story of Chris Rock's early childhood.

Extremely funny,it cracks me up all the time.The characters are great,Chris,Greg-his best friend,Rochelle-his mom,Drew-his brother,Tasha-his sister and their workaholic dad.It has a lot of humor in it.Who can forget Caruso-the bully.Its absolutely fabulous.One thing i like so much is his mom she's strict all because she wants to see her kids succeed and the fact that their dad is one of the very few fathers in town but he still tries to give them his all.I also love Rochelle's favorite words "I can't do these my man has two jobs".That just makes me laugh.Finally a very good show kudos to the producers.
  • Amazing show about a kid who is down on his luck.

Everybody Hates Chris, is a show that I never thought would come. It is a show about normal teenage kid, who is usually down on his luck. There is it no secret life, or being wizard. He is just a normal kid. That is, I believe, the beauty of the show. I can empthaize with Chris because I've been the same situations he has encountered. The show is very fun, realistic, and touching. All the characters are funny and not sterotypical sitcom characters and the narration is typical extremely funny Chris Rock. I was very sad when the show got cancelled, but alls well that ends well.
  • Get ready for a comedy the whole family will love

Everybody hates chris is the best show on cw.This is a black comedy show about a boy name Chris who lives in Brooklyn New York with his family.chris is forced to go to a all white school by his mom far out of his neighborhood because his mom doesn't want him to go to his neighborhood rough school.This show is funny because chris is the only black kid in his school.He gets bullied by a red head chubby thug but not by the color of his skin cause the bully beats on the white kids too.but he does pick on chris more.Chris only has one friend name greg who is never by his side when the bad times come.he's your average friend.chris has a racis teacher.everytime chris does something she doesn't care because she thinks he cant help himself cause he's black.like when they do projects,his teacher excusses him because she thinks his family cant afford the materials cause he's black.but otherwise it's a good show cause everytime he does thing he's not suppoes to do it backfires or will end up getting caught.This show is funny and the whole family will enjoy
  • Everybody hates Chris, I hate him too.

Haha! Just kidding! This show is cool!
  • This show's awesome

If I had to explain why this show is good I would run out of room for typing! But overall this show is so good, from the humor to the plots, you can totally relate to Chris and his adventures through Brooklyn. Really cool show. I wish I could give it a 100.
  • it's about a story of a black kid Chris and the real life of black people.

it's so so funny with strong sense of humour.i love the story,once you've seen,you will never forget the interesting details of it.haha.it lets me realize that the blacks are born to be comedians.Chris Rock is such a funny guy with creative comedy ideas.this story is unique as it also display ironical meanings,contrast of the facts.these are more essential to let people thinking about its theme of discrimination.seemingly it's about a black family's normal daily life,a kid's experience in school,but it's not just the simple one.by showing how people really are,what chris sees and thinks tell the truth of unfair facts. besides,everyone plays very well.ROCHELLE,chris' mum is so funny,all the members from chris' family impress me a lot.
  • One of the best we need more shows like this one

This show is so great. I'm old enough to get all the jokes in the show without feeling old. This has potential to become the next "Cosby Show" meaning that it crosses racial and socio-economic boundaries. It is funny, very well written and the cast are all great actors. I know that the voice over thing is starting to get old but it works so well here. It's got this kinda like Wonder Years vibe to it
  • Original and plain old hilarious!

This show is too funny and tremendous. I waited all summer to watch this. Chris Rock is one of my favorite comedians and it's even better to watch a sitcom from his childhood. I love this show because it's realistic. Julius is definetily one of my favorite characters or if not, my favorite. He's too funny. Rochelle is the perfect example of a real life mother and everyone else is just great. This show is da bomb, I love it!
  • lol funny

it's has a strong sense of humour
    Chris Rock is such a funny guy with creative comedy ideas.this story is unique as it also display ironical meanings,contrast of the facts.these are more essential to let people thinking about its theme of discrimination. Everybody Hates Chris" is an American sitcom. It is inspired by the teenage experience of comedian Chris Rock. The title of the show is a play on Everybody Loves Raymond. Everybody hate Chris, this is a very funny show The more I watch it the more I fall in love with it. It's a great show and Chris Rock was brilliant to have come up with it. This show is so great. I'm old enough to get all the jokes in the show without feeling old. This has potential to become the next "Cosby Show" meaning that it crosses racial and socio-economic boundaries.
  • i think its a great back in the day modern comedy.......

everybody hates cris..i thinks it a great new comedy show something you can laugh at and its something that some people may be able to relate to if you family was like that type when you were younger or mabye as a parent the tipical everyday problems mabye like the piolt with the money issues i give it thumbs up its a great comedy for the modern eye if your the type of person that has a open mind to new an fresh thing "everybody hates cris" is the show for you and if your looking for a good laugh mabye you should give him a chance i garnette you will like it.....
  • This show rocks my socks!

I saw Chris Rock on a few shows and I thought he was extremely funny. So I thought a show about him might be interesting. That's how he pulled me in. This show is so funny, you can't even tell it's about the years in the '80s. It's a great after school show for kids and it suits the teenagers' appetite. All I can say is this show ROCKS!!!!
  • "Everybody Hates Chris" is an American sitcom. It is inspired by the teenage experience of comedian Chris Rock. The title of the show is a play on Everybody Loves Raymond. Unlike other sitcoms, this doesn't use a studio audience laugh crack.

Although the show is an episodic sitcom, in which characters situations change from episode to episode, there are several character tendencies, thematic elements, and sayings that continue throughout the series. These include:

• Drew, Chris' younger brother, is taller and looks much older than Chris.
    • Julius will always know the exact monetary value of anything being wasted by the family.
    • Rochelle is always making sure that no one thinks of her or her family as poor, yet she judges everyone else because she is a 'ghetto snob' E.g.: "Girl, watcho' talkin' 'bout food stamps? Who's sellin' food stamps? I ain't selling' no food stamps!" • Rochelle uses a range of vibrant and colorful threats.
    E.g.: "I'll slap the caps of your knees" • Whenever a girl talks to Chris, Greg always tell him "You are so in there"
    • Whenever Chris in trouble, especially with Caruso, Greg runs away. • Whenever Rochelle leaves a job, her last words before actually going are always "I don't need this. My man has two jobs" • Rochelle loves chocolate
    • Tonya never resists the opportunity to get her brothers into trouble.

• Tichina Arnold: as Rochelle. She is a very strict and bossy mother. She can also be affectionate and tender hearted. She always makes exaggerated threats, cares too much about what others may think and makes sure her children aren't having babies. Although she always tries to help out with their kids problems, she often proves to be bad at it. For example, when she offers to mail a letter to Tonya and forgets, or when she tutors Chris on his Math but makes it harder on him. • Terry Crews: as Julius. Although his wife has most of the control in the family, no one has more control over the money than him. He delivers newspapers for a living and has a second job (truck driver). He once had a job as a fisherman; though it paid well, the bad smell he brought home made him quit.
    • Tequan Richmond: as Drew. He is cool, talented and sympathetic child who always has girls chasing after him but is too young to be very concerned about them. He seems to be older than Chris because he is taller than his brother. • Imanim Hakim: as Tonya. She is the sensitive daughter and the antagonist of her older brothers. As the youngest and the only girl, she is able to get anything from her father. Everybody hates Chris is one of successful sitcoms that carries the tradition of being produced two decades later than the time period in which they are set. The show takes place in the early's 1980s and was produced in the 2000s. Chris Rock

*Rock began his comedian career in 1985 in New York's city. He started earning bit roles in some films. Upon seeing his act at a nightclub, Eddie Murphy decided to mentor the aspiring comic. *In 1990, Rock became cast member of the popular sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live. The following year, he released his first comedy album named Born Suspect and won acclaim for his dramatic role as a crack addict in the film New Jack City. *He wrote and starred a documentary, CB4, but the film was not a success as it was expected. *His comedy typically involves race relations in the United States, politics, music, romantic, and class relationships. *Many of his comedic views are rooted in his teen years. *Rock claims to have been arrested four times: three for traffic violations, including driving without a license and driving too slow, and a fourth time for vehicular assault on a youth who had robbed him. *He is married to Malaak Compton, since November 23, 1996. She is the founder and executive of StyleWorks, which provides free services for women leaving welfare. The couple has two daughters: Lola Simone, who is five years old, and Zahra Savannah, who is three years old. In November 2006 they were about to divorce, but they didn't. Awards and nominations:

 2006 Golden Globe Awards. •Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy (nominated)  2006 NAACP Image Awards •Actor in a comedy Series – Tyler James Williams (nominated) •Actress in a Comedy Series – Tichina Arnold (won) •Comedy Series (won) •Directing in a Comedy Series – Ken Whittingham (nominated) •Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series – Terry Crews (nominated)  2006 Writers Guild of America •New Series Television – Aron Abrams, Rodney Barnes, Chris Rock (nominated)
  • Go back! What was that? Everybody Hates Chris?<br /> This show is intentionally funny!

This is a great intentionally funny show!!!

everybody Hates chris is exactly what it was expected to be...funny, entertaining and great.

I love this show...

It tells of the life of a teenage black kid who doesn't really fit into the world his parents have seemed to tose him into...but he tries to make life work!

This show is great and will be known among all the other all time favourite comedy shows!
  • EHC is so good! Its hilarious!

Everybody Hates Chris tells the story of famous comedian, Chris Rock's childhood growing up in the 1980's in Brooklyn, New York. Unlike most comedies EHC is actually funny and has good acting/writing. I hope UPN picks it up for a full season!! I hope everybody watches this new outrageous hilarious series!!!!
  • About the childhood of Chris Rock!

Funny Hilarious Amazing are all words that describe this show i am hooked from the first episode i love it i hope it never goes of the air never leave chris! watch it i guarentee you'll laugh so hard you'll cry! on thursday nights before love inc. and after the simpsons.
  • quite lteratlly situation-comedy. chris is put in a sticky situation, it gets worse, we laugh. but trust me its a whole lot funnier than it sounds. its called execution. (not the killing definition)

Everybody hates this show! no, not really. we love it. And in a world were the sitcom is dying fast, this show is a revitalization. maybe not so much a trendsetter, hopefully, it will be the start of a new generation of sitcoms. remember those?
    but enough of my reminising, this show is a blast. who cant love the retro feel of it? & the way chris rock narrates it (from the future/present) bringing humor not only with his comments, & how he tells how things are 'now' relating 2 his story (like how his brother now gets girls). another thing that i love are the clips. whether its the 'example clips' (like of how his father is always so cheap) or the 'it could happen clips' (my best example: "Where's Chris" "oh, i knocked him till next weak. he'll be back on tuesday"
  • Lovely Comedy!

I've only watched The First 2 Seasons of the brilliant show (Live in the U.K) still waiting for the 3rd Season to air here.

Chris Rock narrates this very hilarious and touching story of a teenager growing up as the oldest of three children in Brooklyn, NY, in 1982. Chris turns 13. Filled with dreams of being a cool teenager, Chris moves with his family to Brooklyn. As the family's emergency adult while his parents are working, he's responsible for taking care of his younger brother Drew , who's taller and more confident than Chris, and sister Tonya who gets all the parents' attention.
    Dad Julius works numerous jobs to properly support his family.

Mom Rochelle runs the household on a tight budget, and works part-time in a small real estate office. Drew and Tonya go to the same school in their old neighborhood, Chris goes to Corleone Junior High. Despite being an immediate target for bullies, Chris' innate charm and sharp wit enable him to make new friends, like Greg another smart, nice kid... who can't fight, by the way. As Chris Rock pointedly looks back, his younger self is set to find what his family already knows.
  • funny show......

With his mother strong-minded to see him in a good school, Chris reluctantly faces multiple bus transfers each day to attend Corleone Junior High School in the Italian neighborhood, South Shore. Even though hes always the first target for bullies, Chris' innate charm and sharp wit help him make new friends at school, like as Greg, a white, smart, nice kid...who can't fight :P. As Chris Rock flashbacks, his younger self is set to find what his family already knows: Chris' sharp, scrappy character is going to take him places. But first, he's going to have to think, talk or run his way through one growing experience after another at both home and school, and on any number of buses along the way. everybody haaaaaates chriiiiiis :P :lol:
  • Chris Rock's life as a child

Everybody Hates Chris is a great newshow and although it doesn't compete with some of my other favourites, it is still very entertaining and informative.

I guess the best way to describe the format of the show is autobiographical sirtcom-documentary as it is both very funny and shows how a famous actor lived growing up, the title of the show speaking for itself.

The fact that the show is described by Chris Rock as an adult, looking back on his life is an original idea that6 I have not seen before and makes the show stand out for that reason.

Overall, Everybody Hates Chris is very good and is definitely worth watching.
  • This shows has something that just works.

I am just cuckoo for Chris! This show is definately one of my favorite shows of all time. The thing about this show that makes it good is the plot. It has a very strong storyline that's almost never dull and always keeps the show moving quickly. The humor is amazing and is always different and not stale. The voicing is great; the characters' voices work so well. Some of the characters could be a little bit better with showing their personality like Drew though. But overall, this show is amazing. DO NOT get rid of this show anytime soon.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6