Least Favorite Characters Discussion

wdprince

[1]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 21

talk about your least favorite character or characters on the show. here are my top 3 least favorite characters:

3. bill parker (a jerk)

2. robert (a big mouth snitch who thinks raymond's downfalls are funny, another jerk)

1. marie (worst of all! critIcal, rude, annoying, big mouth woman!)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

italian_bella10

[2]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 10
    Debra [she got on my nerves at times..i dont hate her, but she IS the least funniest IMO]

StEpHaNiE2007

[3]Apr 22, 2007
    • level: 10
    i dont like debras parents, they have some funny moments but i just dont like them. I also dont like Amys brother, hes not funny IMO

Angelic_Anime

[4]Apr 22, 2007
    • level: 26

wdprince wrote:
    marie (worst of all! critIcal, rude, annoying, big mouth woman!)

Definitely. When I first started watching this show, I didn't mind her, but now, she gets me mad. Marie is so annoying and rude, especially to Debra.

zizakVH

[5]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 4
    Marie, she is very mean and never gives Ray and Debra any space.

frostdude1

[6]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 4

Peter and Peggy

love all the other characters 

omid15

[7]Jan 1, 2009
    • level: 8
    1.Hank
    2.Marie
    3.Joanne

mr_snakeabee

[8]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 7
    Amy's brother is really annoying, i can't stand him.

juan137946

[9]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 13
    i really hated him i really like amy though

DOMOJITA

[10]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 18
    marie: she' always being sutch a **** to debra just becouse she married raymond...goddess of all nagging ****es, not to mentchine she' always negglecting robert just becouse he was born befor she married frank and treating him the way all bad parents treat there kids.

aolhater

[11]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 5

I'm kinda surprised at how much everyone hates Marie and Robert. I actually like how darn annoying she is to Debra and Ray. I mean she does lives across the street from them. Robert I can understand, he does rat out Raymond with his antics quite a bit and can get on your nervs after a while, but I also like how freakin tall he is.

As far as least favorite character, thats a toss-up between the kids (I know thats considered three separate characters, but I prefer to think of them as one central group of characters) Joanna, she was one of the worst and most ****ing annoying guest stars ever.

snickersnake

[12]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 1

I didn't watch the show when it was on the network. I've only been watching it since TBS started showing it 3x a day (and a couple of times a day on Fox). I have to say that they all do a great job of acting, particularly Ray, because I hate him. I HATE HIM. No wonder Debra's such a witch. Raymond is infuriating. If I were his wife, I would have to kill him. I get unbelievably angry watching this show, and if it can pull me in like that, then it's a great show.

Yes, the show is sexist but it's real. Don't we all know people like this? My husband never watched it because he thinks that it is an insult to men, and it is. It insults women, too. But again, it's real (except for the fact that the kids are never in the picture...in reality, the kids would be the center of attention, but how do you make a show about the adults who are married and childbearing age without children? Gotta give 'em kids, this is middle America).

Anyway, I hate Ray and I don't even know where to start with this. I could write pages about why I hate him. And how about Ray being a sports writer? That was not believable at all. There is no way that character would be able to write a paragraph on anything. Wimpy, insensitive, infuriating, ignorant, selfish, mama's boy. Wait, I have more adjectives...

picchikaru

[13]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 2

ok Im really having trouble understanding this... how can anyone hate and/or insult Marie, Robert or Ray when Debra's so horrible? its a miracle Ray hasnt killed himself. no one on Raymond is a good person(except Amy she's the only truly good person). its always important to remember that point. and if anyone knows ppl like these(aside from Robert) I'd suggest running. to just run and keep running without end. but back to my main point, out of all these despicable characters(some of which I like because of the humor) Debra is the worst bar none. I may get irritated with the other 4 a lot but the only one that has made me scream is Debra. she's the worst and that's that. I know this is about discussing Least Favorite Characters but I wont even call her a character. more like a waste of space. and if anyone like her exists anywhere, heaven help us all.

finally, this show is sexist. I like it but if there's an episode with Debra in it more than usual, I cant watch it. its like look at your own personality and actions before criticizing ray on the sole basis that he is a man. its really despicable what she does and even more despicable is that so many ppl defend her. no matter what Ray, Marie or Frank do, she should be the bigger person. but she isnt. she knows better and does nothing. that is not Ray's fault. and let's not forget criticizing him for doing his job. she's just jealous that he makes money doing something he likes to do. it's like telling a movie critic "you watch movies way too much". she's such a hypocrite. and I left out many an expletive because I dont like to curse but some of those would accurately describe her.

Edited on 02/11/2009 5:36pm

alanwarsap

[14]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 2
    Stephania, beautiful maybe, but annoying in the episodes she appears in.

Water78

[15]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 47
    not a big fan of roberts wife

wdprince

[16]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 21
    on 2nd thought, i'll trade robert off for that f*g peter. and bill parker (since he only appears in like 3 episodes) for ally, omg as a kid i could tolerate her more being bratty than when she got older, when she got older her character just got sooo annoying. the twins were a bit annoying as well 2 b honest.

HurricanesR1

[17]Jul 14, 2009
    Debra was the only one that annoyed me. Her acting was very pushed at times to where it easily seemed like acting. It's supposed to look real.

DBTrilogy100

[18]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 7
    snickersnake wrote:

I didn't watch the show when it was on the network. I've only been watching it since TBS started showing it 3x a day (and a couple of times a day on Fox). I have to say that they all do a great job of acting, particularly Ray, because I hate him. I HATE HIM. No wonder Debra's such a witch. Raymond is infuriating. If I were his wife, I would have to kill him. I get unbelievably angry watching this show, and if it can pull me in like that, then it's a great show.

Yes, the show is sexist but it's real. Don't we all know people like this? My husband never watched it because he thinks that it is an insult to men, and it is. It insults women, too. But again, it's real (except for the fact that the kids are never in the picture...in reality, the kids would be the center of attention, but how do you make a show about the adults who are married and childbearing age without children? Gotta give 'em kids, this is middle America).

Anyway, I hate Ray and I don't even know where to start with this. I could write pages about why I hate him. And how about Ray being a sports writer? That was not believable at all. There is no way that character would be able to write a paragraph on anything. Wimpy, insensitive, infuriating, ignorant, selfish, mama's boy. Wait, I have more adjectives...

You think Ray can't right a paragraph ? The thing is, anyone can write paragraphs on things that they are interested in. For example, I would have a hard time writing about Government but I could write many paragraphs about TV shows, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment. Ray likes sports a lot, so it's completely believably for him to write paragraphs about sports (something he likes ). Robert is a mama's boy too, but it makes sense that the Baron Bros. are considering the fact that Marie has a manipulative control over them. Frank is the reason why the brothers are kind of whimpy; he was a complete tyrant and held a grudge against Ray for something he didn't do (the records). Everyone is selfish at one point in their life (just like how everyone has lied at least once in their life); quite honestly, I think Ray isn't nearly as selfish as Marie, Frank, Robert or even Debra. Ignorant simply means one doesn't know something. No one knows everything, therefore, everyone is ignorant. I think Debra is way more insensitive, she is a complete tyrant and a "my way or the high way" kind of person. Plus she makes Ray suffer for her faults. Ray didn't do anything bad when he lost his ring (he turned down the woman who flirted with him nicely), but Debra acts like he killed someone and tries to get men to hit on her to spite him when he did nothing wrong. Also, there was the time when Debra had her period. Ray got the pills to help her; true it was also to save himself, but I don't blame him, she bit his head off and probably would have killed him.I don't think Ray is insensitive he just doesn't know how to please that demon. The way I see it, Ray is just an average guy who makes mistakes like anyone while Debra is a complete monster.

I just hope you know that I'm not trying to be hostile or start a fight. I was just trying to shed some light on things .

snake63

[19]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 20

Debra. She is such a mean spirited bitch and Ray is to much as a wimp to beat the shit out of her.

crimegirl12

[20]Mar 4, 2013

For me, my least favorite character has got to be Marie. I love everyone esle though. My favorite person is a tie between Robert and Frank. They are both really funny.

Edited on 03/04/2013 4:58pm