Everybody Loves Raymond

Robert's Wedding

Aired Friday 8:30 PM May 19, 2003 on CBS

• Jungle love... it's driving me wild...

This episode really didn't do anything for me. Besides that funny quote from Marie about never wanting to interfere, this episode is pretty bland.

It's good to see Robert get married again, and the look on Amy's face when Marie stands up to talk is priceless. Ray's little stand up act at the reception is pretty boring though. I have admit, the first dance of the happy couple did crack me up though.

All in all, this a pretty average and unfunny episode. Eventful, yes. But not much more. Nothing near the quality of the first season, in my unwarranted opinion.
  • Robert tieing the knot.

This is basically your typical wedding episode but it\'s done right. It was so good it actually surpassed the episode two parter where Ray and Debra got married, this two parter I thought was a little better because it shows a marrage that goes well but not the way we would usually expect it to. It's a known fact that sometimes in Weddings things that can go wrong will go wrong. And one of them is Peter's slight mess up on failing to pick up the priest. But that's a warm up compared to Marie whom as usual is her oblivious self when she gives a long and rather unnessary speach on her thoughts about the marrage. I laughed my head off on the non verbal humor when Ray and the Priest sit down with looks wondering when her speach will conclude. Then there is both Frank and Hank arguing which was just priceless. Despite these things that have made the marrage almost spiral into chaos, everything went right at the end. From a heartwarming, funny, and rather honest speach Ray gave to everyone which gave everything a warm suttlety. And of course the finale when both Amy and Robert dance to Jungle Fever which is a rather unusal yet wise choice for their Wedding song (hey even I'm an Elvis fan).
  • A VERY funny episode, and good season finale

This episode marked the 7th season finale, with Robert and Amy's wedding. It starts off with Robert and Amy in the middle of the ceremony, when Marie classically stands up and interrupts the ceremony, just making sure that Robert and Amy were marrying for love, not just because Marie had pushed them into it. Robert and Amy are horrified, but go through the ceremony anyway. At the reception, everyone is a little uncomfortable, and Frank starts fighting with Hank, Amy's father, about having to pay for beer, which is hilarious, while Marie is horrified at the buffet. Ray then gets up to make a toast, which loosens everyone up since it is funny. Then finally, Amy and Robert have their first dance as husband and wife in which they dance to "Jungle Love," Which is also the song they danced to in "Snow Day" and at the policeman's ball. I thought this episode was one of my favorites, because it was a classic ELR wedding, with many great moments. Amy's look when Marie stood up was great, and so was Marie's interrupting the ceremony. I loved this episode, and if you haven't seen it yet you should soon, because it is great.