Everybody Loves Raymond

The Angry Family

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Sep 24, 2001 on CBS

• Frank hits the nail on the head

Jeffrey , Ray Debra's little boy drew a picture book at school of his family. In it he talks about how Frank and Marie cause alot of drama and marital problems for his parents and he wishes it would stop. The teacher and the headmaster of the school are so stunned about the content of Jeffrey's litle book, that the teach amkes an emergency appointment to speak with Ray and Debra. The Teacher begins to shift all of the blame on Debra. Debra finally utters these immortal lines "Eileen, you have no idea what I have to put up with. When I got married, I didn't just get a husband. I got a whole freak show that set up their tent right across the street. And that would be fine if they stayed there, but everyday, every day, they dump a truckload of their insane family dreck into my lap. How would you like to sit through 2 people in their 60's fighting over who invented the lawn? The LAWN! And then the brother, "I live in an apartment. I don't even have a lawn. Raymond has a lawn." But you can't blame him when you see who the mother is. She has this kind of sick hold on the both of them. And the father is about as disgusting a creature as God has ever dropped on this planet. So no wonder the kid writes stories. I should be writing stories. My life is a gothic novel, and until you have lived in that house with all of them in there with you, day after day, week after, year after friggin' year, you are in no place to judge me!!!"(the look on the teacher's face is sidesplitting. this causes the headmaster to haul the whole family in for family counseling.
    During this meeting, Robert blames ray, Marie blames Debra,
    and Frank and Marie star fighting over her invented the lawn .... again.Ray sits there and tries to pretend nothing is happening.Debra looks she is gonna have a nervous breakdown,poor thing. The the headmaster asks frank what he thinks and Franks opens his mouth and says, you wanna know the real problem, and he points at Debra, and says (MARIE)is mad because ray married Debra and can't let anyone live that down. After this the priest says that instead of pointing the finger they should read the book and realize how much the yelling affects the kids.
    I think this a sad episode. I dunno if adults how much fighting daily does to the pyshce of any person. And i hate how everyone say debra is a mean spiteful witch She yells alot , but she has alot on her plate, and the fact that she hasn't left yet suprises me(Ray would totally fall apart if she left).And Ray really needs a kick in the pants once in a while, since his mother spoiled him so much.I like that she is a housewife and she is active at the kid's school.