Everybody Loves Raymond

The Faux Pas

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Feb 07, 2005 on CBS

• funny!!!!!

This was a very funny episode. Ray was such an idiot, and Marie and Frank only made matters worse. Great episode!
  • One of the edgiest and funniest episodes ever.

It wasn't totally surprising about how the family behaved in this episode. They've been crazy ever since the pilot. Still, it was a little surprising.

This episode showed that the Barones are crazier than some people thought. Starts out with Ray saying "You can throw your shells on the floor. That's what they pay the janitor for", and then ends up with Amy saying "did your mother come over and make things worse as usual?" not realizing that Marie was behind her. I'd say that Marie and Frank made the worst faux pas during this episode. Marie saying to Frank that George was African-American was just unbelievable. I was very surprised by that. I wasn't too surprised about the time Frank worked in pelk-accounting since he was always that bad during the series.

I haven't and won't forget this episode because it showed me just how crazy the Barones have been.
  • One of the funniest final season episodes

It is a testament to the writers of Everybody Loves Raymond that, even during its final season, they could turn out an episode this funny. This is a perfect example of the formula that makes for the best "Raymond" episodes -- a simple incident that could happen to anybody spirals wildly out of control. In this case, Raymond makes a joke about janitors to a friend of his sons' without knowing the boy's father is a custodian. Instead of simply apologizing, the blunder gets bigger and bigger until everybody is in on it, saying stupider and stupider things in a desperate attempt to make things right again.

The fact that these characters can get so far off the beaten path while trying to do nothing but fix an initial mistake shows how brilliant the writers are, and the fact is that this episode, so close to the end of the series, had me laughing more than an entire season of most sitcoms. Fantastic.
FOX