Evil Con Carne

Cartoon Network (ended 2004)

Evil Con Carne Fan Reviews (19)

7.8
  • Its potential wasn't fully used and needs to come back

Evil Con Carne was just like TGAoBaM, it had its own show after Grim and Evil was split up. The show is about a man named Hector Con Carne a rich man whose body was destroyed by his nemesis, Cod Commando, and only his brain and stomach survive. His remains are found by Dr. Ghastly, a genius scientist woman who has a crush on Hector. After putting his parts into a Russian circus bear named Boscov, Hector plans for revenge and has Dr. Ghastly's help, and has enlisted a general named Skarr to help him. The premise is cheesy, but good enough. The artwork is great. Character designs are interesting, the inventions of Ghastly look creative, and the set designs are pretty original. The animation is nice and smooth in this show. The humor is similar to Billy and Mandy. It has dark and crude humor in it, but they also add some slapstick in there as well which was a nice touch. The stories are good and creative. While some are rehashes, the show does an excellent job adding in new things to the table, and again it's a nice touch. I was sad to see this show end, but I think the problem was that Maxwell Atoms was doing this show and TGAoBaM. He decided to go with Billy and Mandy and only have the cast of this show make some cameo appearances in this show. Maybe like Futurama this show will be brought back in the future, and I hope so. This show had great potential and should return on the air.