An Extant Community
CBS (ended 2015)

One of this year's most anticipated summer shows that is not contained under a dome is CBS's Extant, the network's second consecutive gamble on a high-profile science-fiction drama that's intended to air during the offseason (the first one being that show under a dome). Extant stars Halle Berry as an astronaut who may've gotten busy or artificially inseminated in space, because she comes back to Earth after a 13-month mission with a baby inside of her. But here's the thing... she was on a SOLO space mission! So what happened? Well, that's presumably what Extant is about! 

After much ballyhoo but only a few cryptic descriptions of the series' premise, CBS has finally released the first trailer for the series via Entertainment Weekly, and it appears that I may be writing all sorts of "Extant does mondo ratings!" stories in July. Have a look:

Oh, and that little boy, Halle Berry's son who's about to have a space baby as a little brother or sister? He's totally a robot! 

Extant premieres Wednesday, July 9 on CBS. Will you be watching? I will.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/9/2015

Season 2 : Episode 13

39 Comments
Comments (38)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
&-- stowaway

There's your spoiler
Flag
Well at least it cant be worse than halle berry as storm in the x-men films....or maybe it can 😨
Flag
I was able to watch the first episode as part of a testing for ratings at the MGM in Vegas. It was 100% HORRIBLE!!! There is ZERO chemistry between Halle's character and her husband. The plot has been done over and over again. I can't believe CBS is wasting their money and our time. I strongly advise against watching this show!!!!
Flag
Hally Berry in scifi, okay I'll watch at least 1 episode.
Flag
eww. maybe she sat on one of them nasty party couches up in the space station...
Flag
Cough " Once Upon a Time " cough. Seriously though it worked pretty well in Story Brook. This might be just as interesting at the very least to give it a watch. It can't do worse than some other shows assuming it was made well anyway.
Flag
Well I like Halle Berry enough to watch 3-4 eps, plus it is sci-fi. But as usual, I will not watch spoilers...
Flag
I have my doubts. It's been a long-long time ago that the mix of Sci-fi and baby worked for me. I can count them on two fingers.
St. Alia of the Knife and Elizabeth with the forked tongue.
Flag
I have to say that trailer looked pretty good. But I'll resevre judgement until after the pilot airs.
Flag
Yeah, I agree. If a person likes sci-fi, then they are going to watch, period. I guess I can understand how others who don't enjoy this type of content might quickly dismiss it out of hand. But I'll watch and hope for the best.
Flag
Kinda sorta sounds interesting, but just like Gravity with Clooney and Bullock, the lead means I shall not be watching this.
Flag
When I first heard about it I was not interested. I'm still not interested but I'll wait and see what others, whose opinions I trust, say about the show. That method helped me avoid wasting time on The 100 (no insult to people who like that show but it's just doesn't sound like a show for me).
Flag
This actually looks pretty good to me. It wasn't even on my radar but now I'll probably check it out for at least the first few episodes.
Flag
Fuck CBS. Wake me after they prove the show is worth my time...only then will I be willing to watch the commercials of their sponsors.
Flag
It looks as if all the real sci-fi elements could be in the pilot.

And I bet this guy's the father:
http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Astronaut-Farmer-m01.jpg
Flag
How come I can't see the video on the EW website? Is this another case of me locationally challenged?
Flag
Yea that just looks bad. Normally I would trust CBS, but not after Under the Dome last year. Which I plan to watch again or at least watch the firs episode.
Flag
I have next to no interest in watching a pregnant Halle Berry tv show.
Flag
LOL. This looks so dumb, but I'll probably watch anyway. Enough already with the alien/demon baby storylines. Falling Skies, Grimm, Rosemary's Baby, Extant... there's probably 10 more I don't even know about.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members