An Extant Community
CBS (ended 2015)

Extant S01E02: "Extinct"

There are few things I love more than a good airlocking. In fact, if I made a list of my favorite things, it would probably look something like this: ice cream, whiskey, airlocking. So I was fully prepared to wipe Extant's slate clean this week after Harmon shot whatever alien life form took the shape of his dead mother out the Seraphim's airlock in "Extinct." But then I watched the rest of the episode, and after complaining about the slowness of Extant's pilot, it seemed to me that the series' second outing was intent on making up for lost time by introducing several new developments all at once. In addition to Harmon's flashbacks, the hour also tried to squeeze in a discussion of extinction and survival of the fittest, more baby drama, possible marriage troubles, some pining over co-workers, secret lovers, dead daughters, and a dude who might have to be reborn in a new body every few months. I mean, WHAT? There was so much happening in "Extinct" that I had to take a nap between watching the episode and writing this review.

Let's start with what the episode did right: Harmon's experience during his own solo mission helped shed some light on the massive conspiracy at the center of the series. He saw his mother who died more than 30 years prior and was terrified to the point that he chose to airlock whatever she was. To his credit, homegirl was following him around with a creepy ass (technical term) smile on her face. I always run from people who smile at me, because it means they're happy and/or want to interact and I straight-up don't do human (or alien) contact. Harmon might just be the smartest person on Extant, guys. And considering that Molly's first inclination upon seeing "Marcus" in space was to shuck off her pants, put on some Marvin Gaye, and go to sexy town, I honestly don't feel bad for what's happening to her right now. I don't know what sort of tests are done before people are sent in to space on a 13-month solo mission, but maybe the ISEA should add this question to the psych evaluation:

What would you do if an alien being took the form of a dead loved one while you were on board?

A. Run and hide

B. Blow 'em out the airlock

C. Get bizzzzzy

D. Stop taking all those drugs

Okay, fine, we don't know what happened to Molly or how the baby growing inside her uterus came to be, but like I said last week, until we find out what really happened, I'm just going to assume she and "Marcus" followed standard human reproduction practices. Although, with that said, both Harmon and Molly showed the same brain abnormalities upon their return to Earth, and they both believe they had a psychotic break in space. But Harmon took it one step further and threw out the idea that they were part of an experiment being performed by their superiors at the ISEA. And by golly, he was on to something, because Sparks and Mr. Yasumoto were looking for some whosits or whatsits up there in space, and it appears that they not only found them, but they're now here on Earth in the form of a 14-week-old fetus in Molly's uterus.

The fact that Sparks and Yasumoto are hip to what's happening and also behind it takes Extant's story from creepy and effective to disappointing and predictable. The aliens-taking-the-form-of-deceased-loved-ones situation was a mystery worth exploring when it represented the potential dangers of the unknown, when it took on the air of "We are not alone!" But the fact that Sparks and Yasumoto are looking for these alien lifeforms because of an unexplained connection to Sparks' deceased daughter is an example of Extant confusing convoluted with compelling. It adds fuel to the conspiracy fire, but knowing who or what Molly and Harmon were dealing with—even if the audience is still in the dark—takes the thriller factor down to zero. 

On the RoboKid front this week was a heavy-handed discussion of human extinction, survival of the fittest, and the inevitable rise of the machines. Show, we get it. Please stop beating us over the head. It's not as if Extant is treading new territory here, and this storyline would be far better if it was shown and not told through winking nods and exposition delivered via robots that look like Rosie from The Jetsons. I'm interested in exploring Ethan's continued development and the discussion of the future of humanity, but so far the series isn't delivering on its promising start. Episode 2 felt like the equivalent of the fat kid at the sci-fi buffet, loading up its plate with all the common tropes and metaphors of the genre without realizing it's about to tip past the point of no return. Extant has several interconnecting stories with the potential to be very interesting, but it needs to find a balance before it can get there.

NOTES

– Molly's refusal to tell John about the pregnancy and roping Ethan into her lies, Julie's obvious and pitiful crush on John, and Dodd sleeping with Yasumoto all made this episode feel like it was stuffed to the gills. Chill out, dude. Did we really need the Julie stuff? Did we really need Dodd in her nightie? 

– Harmon told Molly to STFU and talk to no one and she blabbed to BFF Sam about EVERYTHING and then she confronted Sparks. Molly is not very smart.

– In the future, eggs stand on end! WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?

– Molly's ultrasound took place in a veterinary office where the dogs all hated her alien fetus. LOLOLOLOL.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/9/2015

Season 2 : Episode 13

113 Comments
Comments (113)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
You can see just how desperate Berry is/was to think that this was going to be one of those epic summertime shows to put her [back] on the map. Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harleson (or their agents) picked right when they signed on for True Detective and Extant ain't no True Detective.

I mentioned once that just because a show is high concept doesn't mean those concepts are good. Those in Extant aren't bad per say, they're just a little cliche.

This isn't going to be the epic television event Berry was hoping for...but it's not going to be Under the Dome either. Similar to Ray Donovan, it takes itself a little to seriously. But if you counter balance and don't take it too seriously, it's a fun watch, if for no other reason than seeing some cool tech like future garbage disposals and self balancing eggs.

Flag
Eggs that stand on end are tres cool. I hope that eggs in the future also come with easy-open pull tabs.

As to Molly not showing the psych profile we expect from astronauts: remember, ISEA is now a private org, with some very suspicious corporate goals and, apparently, little or no government oversight (very cyberpunk, really); perhaps Molly was chosen for space flight BECAUSE they knew she'd surrender to the hunky visitor. (Although why they wouldn't choose someone of a more...traditional...breeding age, is a valid question.)

So, if Harmon had let Space Ghost Mom in, would HE be pregnant?
Flag
The Japanese guy plays exactly the same role as in Helix. He might as well jump from one show to the other. The characters are the same!

Flag
Love this series...every episode it feels like i am watching a movie...
Still think that the kid is creepy...
The only annoyence i have is that Molly is not telling her husband about the baby...didn't we learn through the years of watching series, that this kind of secret, will always bite you in the ass....
Loved the Harmon alone in space part, with his mother following him around in the ship....very creepy..
I kept saying the same thing...wouldn't be wonder, how the hell your death mother/ ex boyfriend came into the ship? before opening any doors...
Flag
How cool are those eggs. I don't think anybody should be teaching that child anything about the strong surviving and well anything about death, "are you weak?" Like ahhhhhh, he gives me the creeps and they should not be making more of him.
Flag
Why are you assuming we're dealing with aliens here?
Flag
First 2 episodes have been decent, nothing too exciting . I hope there's a bigger reveal to the robot kid because atm he just seems like any other kid going through growing pains , also don't find the whole "alien" impregnation thing too exciting nor original.
Flag
So we got hetake (helix) but no flying cars?meh..i can leave with that.so far i like the show.it's predictable but i like it
Flag
I'm liking it so far.
Flag
Like i said for the premiere, Halle Berry is really great on that show. The "alien" stuff are predictable but interesting. My only complaint is the "robot" stuff. I don't like it. It remind me of a old Spielberg movie (with Haley Joel Osment) and i didn't like it.
Flag
I don't like Halle Berry and the show is somewhat predictable, but I like it. Acting is acceptable, pacing is good, the tone of the show is kinda dark, which I like, so all in all I find it entertaining and I'll keep watching.
Flag
Wile E. Coyote's guide to capturing Kaitlin: 1.) Place pint of Ben & Jerry's Bonnaroo Buzz in airlock chamber. 2.) Wait.
Flag
Apparently, in the near future, babies grow in a newly developed area half an inch below the belly button? Yo mister director? Did Molly's uturus stay behind on Uranus (*whahahahaa wicked laugh*). Unzip the pants and put the bumper sticker where it's supposed to be, dude!
Flag
Um...It seemed pretty clear to me that the alien also wanted to implant its seed in Harmon (hand down to belly), but he was male (hence the small serious look and No Mother). Therefore - no baby. Fast Forward to Molly and - voila. But yes, I think this is all too much for 2 episodes, sacrificing serious dramatic parts and development. Acting is par at best - Visnjic iz overacting as usual, Berry is far too emotional (but she IS pregnant, so...) and the rest of the cast did not have enough "meat" to hold on to. The kid is great, much like Osment in AI. I'll stick to it for now.
Flag
Dang.... what is it that dogs know about aliens that we don't?
Flag
I kind hope that the storyline on Japanese guy will be either that he wants himself to become a hybrid just like Silver Samurai in the movie, Wolverine 2 or he wants the alien baby to resurrect him after he dies. He sponsors her husband because they have a robot kid like a human.

If the first guy who was sent for the solo mission had not blown away that dead mother into space, he would have conceived with a baby, right? Because that dead mother also touched his belly. It will be interesting to have this kind of storyline.
Flag
You nailed it.

Except: yes, we do need more of Dodd in her nightie.

Molly really isn't very smart. In fact she is dumb enough that ISEA have managed to convince her that she is smart by giving her a PhD.(the only explanation of how she ever got a doctorate) And that makes her the perfect subject for experimentation.

How her doctor (Mannheim) fits into it I can't figure out, yet.

I have to admit, it's compelling enough for me to keep watching.
Flag
Human experimentation is also the only reason why you would leave someone alone in a space-station for over a year. If they were doing actual experiments on the station, solo missions would make no sense.
Flag
I could be wrong but I remember some Russian astronauts staying more than a year, or at least many months, all alone in space doing experiments and maintenance. But in all cases it's also always about learning how humans live there.
Flag
The Soviets did have some of their Cosmonauts stay in their space-station for very long periods. The record for longest continuus stay in space belongs to a Soviet citizen. But I'm pretty sure those weren't solo missions.
And in any case those were human experimentations, to study the long term effect of zero gravity on the human fysiology.
Flag
I'm enjoying it thus far. Summer series have to move fairly quickly. I don't need or expect it to be renewed...it's probably better to have a proper ending, like a miniseries. The silliest thing about this review is the idea that Molly willingly had sex with the 'alien' in her dead-ex's form. Clearly that is not what happened!
Flag
Indeed the part about the pants and intercourse came out from nowhere. The ghost/alien/dead husband touched her and she fainted.
Flag
Nor great but just "Okay" show. The pace is pretty awesome though it's just been a couple of episodes and they have revealed quite a lot of thinks. That's good as there are no unnecessary "Twists and Tales". But then the pilots of such shows are always good and then they reveal their true colors.
Flag
This show is full of the usual tropes but I like it. If it was on SciFy I'd be less willing to give it a pass, but on CBS I expect this. I think they are trying and audience they are gearing this show towards May but know all of the scifi cliches. I think it's fun.
Flag
Disagree with this analysis. I've found the show interesting so far. Certainly more interesting and moving at better pace than Leftovers. Not sure why the beefs. Anyway, I don't watch that much Sci-Fi so may that's why I'm giving it decent marks thus far.
Flag
Yes as Tim said in his review this show is a collection of tried and true sci-fi tropes nothing to see here. Stay for the familiar or flee from it plain and simple.
Flag
Indeed but mixing all these tropes could lead to some very freaky stuff. I mean : Aliens + Humanoids = WTF ?!
Flag
you are right, but I don't believe that these creatures (the "ghosts") are real - they are somehow connected with the astronauts brain anomaly. Alien force is using them for it's purposes.
Flag
I think so far so good. Its been good writing and acting....even the creepy kid/robot is well acted. I cant wait to get to the bottom of it all. The reveals have been coming too fast and too easy makes me believe there's way more going on. And the fellow from helix is just awesome as a scifi mystery figure.
Flag
I totally agree because the people behind the show aren't idiots. When it comes to TV I don't fully trust Steven Spielberg but Extant clearly doesn't play in the same league as Falling Skies. As for Halle Berry she wouldn't have accepted the part if the story didn't deserve our attention. So I expect billions of twists and turns. The torrent of revelations is a smoke mirror. It hides the true nature of the show and all the secrets it will develop. Last but not least Sanada Hiroyuki didn't convince me in Lost but his performance in Helix changed my mind. In fact he's one of the other reasons I believe in the show. For the moment his role as Ysumoto is way too similar to Dr Hatake. Again it's a misdirection.
Flag
Kaitlin Good luck continuing to review this show, I can't even bring myself to watch the pilot.
Flag
I noticed the eggs standing up too. Freaky!!

I am enjoying the show so far. It's not great, but It's good enough to make me hang on until the end.
Flag
I agree. I'm enjoying it. It isn't Citizen Kane, but it is a summer series after all. I have a little lower expectations for those.
Flag
I don't get why she didn't tell her husband yet. I mean she might if she wasn't all alone in space but there is no other reason not to tell him unless she doesn't love him or trust him. The whole "he won't look at me the same" is ridiculous and of course he will worry... you are pregnant with an alien baby.

There are a lot of interesting technology elements that are really good but so did "Almost Human" and that was really a good show ...
Now it is Halley Berry and it will get renewed :S even if it is not that good
Flag
Well you seem to have forgotten that she tried for years to get pregnant and that's what leaded her husband to create a humanoid. So her hesitation makes sense because telling her husband would change everything. First she needed to be sure and that's what this episode was all about. Still going to her boss wasn't a mistake but an argument against the writing. I mean I just couldn't believe it when we saw her deleting the recordings.
Flag
actually HAlle berry being involved makes it less likely to be renewed. Big name Actors only sign on for short runs on tv series. That it is finite, makes it much more compelling
Flag
Female actors tend to have a short shelf life in Hollywood. Her getting her own show could extend her career by years.
Flag
It's a shame because in terms of performance the older the better. Anyway doing both movies and shows has become quite common in the last past years.
Flag
The longer Molly hides the pregnancy from John the worse it will be when he finds out about it. Who knows he may even rat her out.
Flag
he should she deserves it
Flag
I believe the extinction conversation, is a hint about the baby. According to current scientific thought, Homo sapiens lead to the extinction of the neanderthal. And an alien/ human hybrid, will lead to the extinction of homo sapiens.
Flag
Exactly and the topic is fascinating but here I found its coverage a bit too literal. Ethan learned it from a dated robot and then he asked if her mother was weak. For the moment it's way too obvious that Skynet and Terminators are on their way. But the extraterrestrial element adds an interesting dimension and I'm quite curious about the humans, robots and aliens triangle. I'm a huge fan of V, the mini-series of course, so I have my own theory about the aliens intention. A similar relationship is also developed in Falling Skies. Let's also not forget Invasion with Kati Matchett and William Fichtner !

To sum things up I'm glad Extant is based on "rational" science even if I totally love shows like The X-Files and Fringe.
Flag
Rational ? Ghosts, aliens… So let's just say part of it. As for the paranormal angle it just spices things up and makes the story less predictable. Everything is possible ! I'm a believer and Dana Scully lives right next door !
Flag
It's worth noting here that, in the past, species were usually displaced by not being able to adapt to a new environment. It's only humans that actually hunt a species to extinction.
Flag
Sad but true and it began centuries ago. The issue is mentioned, more precisely whales huntnig, in a book by Jean-Louis Étienne I'm reading.
Flag
Actually, there are some hypotheses that humans interbred with neanderthals.
Flag
Yes, most of us have a certain percentage of Neanderthal genes in us. Apparently, they and modern man lived in parallel for thousands of years. Modern man was better at surviving and reproducing, is all.
Flag
*led not lead
Flag
I'm out but tried desperately to be in, for the sake of Halle Berry and Camryn Manheim. It's just too cliched and downright boring.
Flag
Does anyone else think the relationship between Molly and John feels like they barely know each other? No chemistry and their dialogue seems like small talk you make with a new roommate, they don't seem at all like people who were in a good marriage and then were separated.

I don't know if they are trying to make it seem like she's still in love with Marcus and John is just a rebound but that is how it comes off. All the characters are so vanilla and that doesn't help.
Flag

I think that has a lot to do with Goran Visnjic's acting. He seems completely incapable of portraying emotion.

Flag
Yes, I noticed, but I suppose that's to play up the 'she's been gone for 13 months' theme.
Flag
I agree there is more chemistry between John and Julie then between John and Molly.
Flag
I enjoyed this episode even more than the premiere. I have never been to such a cool museum. No wonder the kids in this show loved the museum.

I think it is not that clear when sparks and Yasumoto said "they are here" they meant the baby. It could be but could there be others as well?

Why must the alien take on as a fetus? Why not just take over the bodies of Halle or Harmon? I am intrigue to find out more.
Flag
I enjoyed the episode. They did cram a lot of stuff into it, but it was all easy to keep up with.
Flag
1. Ultrasound in the veterinary office - really?! The Doc Lady didn't have her own private office or a friend who works in a private clinic? She had to take Molly to the doggies??

Also why did The Doc Lady stop at the ultrasound? Shouldn't she properly exam Molly? And later perform amniocentesis or something? After all, we're talking here about alien baby.

2. I think John and Julie had sex when Molly was busy with aliens in space. For sure Julie is in love with John. Also I'm really happy that Grace Gummer is a part of this show :)

3. Poor alien lady - she couldn't impregnate Harmon from the obvious reason.

4. I thought the robo kid grows like a human. Making a new body for it each few months sounds very expensive.

5. What would you do if an alien being took the form of a dead loved one while you were on board?

A. Run and hide

Thanks for review, Kaitlin.
Flag
Doc Lady doesn't seem very interested in studying the baby. Which means she would find such a study boring because she already knows exactly what it is and what's going to happen or that she just not very interesting in studying an alien baby.
Flag
What if the Doc Lady was actually secretly preparing Molly (by feeding her hormones?) to get knocked up by aliens? Now that would be the plot twist!

However, I doubt that's the case though. The Doc Lady is probably just dumb as @LalaDrake wrote.
Flag
Too dumb to be true ! My theory is that she could be working for some secret agency or "they". That's why she kept the truth from her superior even if I definitely don't trust him.
Flag
that would be interesting!
but the only secret agency would be one that works for the aliens because the superiors are semi government!
and I think the pregnancy was their only successful mission somehow because they were flushed away the first time to space...
Flag
A third option is that she just think Molly suffering from a mental lapse or something similar to Harmon and isn't willing to push Molly to far incase she kills herself, like the doc believe Harmon did so is playing along with Molly rather than challenging her view like she did with Molly. Perhaps a 4th is that she thinks Molly is hiding the fact the station/ship did dock with a vessel and that she did have sex with the pilot of the other vessel but for security reasons perhaps isn't allow to tell doc about the other vessel, and doc being a friend is willing to play along to to give Molly time to think what she going to tell her family and the agency.
Flag
or she is really dumb doctor who takes pregnant ladies to a veterinary! because pets are her speciality
Flag
I do too think changing body parts every few months or even every year or few years are expensive and not worth it and not human at all ...
Flag
It human for some children that grow up with missing limbs, they have to have new ones made for them every year or every few years and they do generally grow up to be normal humans. So in this case him being given new limbs shouldn't make much of a difference.
Flag
are we comparing now?
if a man/woman lost a part and we replaced it, it will never change him/her
imagine a robot that lost a fragment from its "brain" or whoever is fixing it formatted it... we got ourself a new robot

now depending on the new regular part replacement, are we going to have like super ones too?

it is never the same
Flag
I'm a fan of both Hally Berry and Camryn Manheim and was looking forward to this series. I wasn't even able to get through the entire first show! The killer for me was the robo-kid already in existence. I think they should have left him out and started the stretch of imagination with the possibility of an "alien within" Hally/Molly. I'm sorry to see such acclaimed actors participating in something that is less than worthy of them. This show was much too slow-moving and boring to hold my interest, although I feel a bit guilty for giving up so soon on it.
Flag
You should give it an other chance because Extinct is better than the premiere, Re-Entry. But to enjoy the show you have to ignore the fact that Ethan looks like a normal kid. The production is great but replacing it by a CG character would have hurt the budget. I don't mind as in the end it's the substance that really matters. Despite his contemporary cars and present-like elements the show is immersive and futuristic enough.
Flag
I don't even think I am going to be able to make it to the 4 episode test with this.

This show is just, it is a chore to watch. Berry plays arguably the dumbest Astronaut in the history of the profession and she is struggling at it. Struggling. It is difficult to watch.

Regardless of the ridiculousness of the premise or her character and the characters around her and she supposedly being a Doctor which honestly I didn't know they allowed Doctorates in gym because that is the only conceivable PhD I can see being granted to her character. But her actual Doctor played by Manheim, might be more horrible than Molly. If she isn't in on the conspiracy then her character doesn't make any sense. No Doctor would do what she is doing, ever. hallucinations, pain, a really clear 14th week fetus and she reports it to no one. Nope, never happen, ever.

I just don't think it can be saved, I think this might be a worse performance on Berry's part, more so than Catwoman and she was horrible in that.

I might give it one more episode but I doubt it is going to magically become good.
More+
Flag
Reporting the pregnancy ? They have just had a visual confirmation ! We'll see what she does next but it's already too late for the Doctor considering now he boss knows.

It seems you also missed the part about their friendship. I know it's a cheap solution and specially because Molly refered to her own boss as a friend but the situation is way to complicated to rationalize their behavior.
Flag
Yea I considered the friendship, but friendship only gets you so far. The Doctor might be a corporate Doctor but she is licensed through various state and federal entities. She could lose her status and then she is screwed. Plus this is way bigger than Molly and the Doctor and the corporation.
Flag
Did the doctor know about the hallucinations and pain?

I thought she only knew about the weird pregnancy. Which, admittedly, is weird. Though whether a doctor would keep that to herself before they knew more... is up in the air. On one hand there's doctor-patient confidentiality, on the other hand I imagine that confidentiality is waved for astronauts getting post-mission physicals.
Flag
Well she said that she saw her old boyfriend. That would constitute a hallucination and I believe the pain is why they went to the vet office and did the sonogram.

As for her Doctor. No. As a corporate Doctor she is beholden to both parties, Molly and the corporation. But it is complicated by the perceived hallucinations and the pain. She would be required to at least seek a second opinion on it and a psych consult, and considering the ramifications of what potentially is going on the Doctor would be required to inform someone not just in the corporation but the government. NASA the CDC someone.

But again regardless of all of that. It is just not well done. Upon thinking of the episode again, there is a lot of empty space and a lot of shots that focus in on the actors faces, mostly Berry trying to look earnest and the robo kid looking blank.
Flag
She's going to inform the "Central for Disease Control" about some astronauts pregnancy? That makes absolutely no sense.
However I agree with most of what you said.
Flag
I'm no CDC expert but the baby could be seen as some sort of virus or parasite.
Flag
Well the CDC covers a lot actually. The introduction of another specie into our ecosystem especially one of aline origin with who knows what would be of concern to them. But I guess you could call the military, they have been supposedly handing alien stuff since the supposed crash at Roswell.
Flag
Ah, honestly I wasn't paying enough attention since I'm not THAT into the show. So her actual conversations with the doc didn't register except her first "you're pregnant" bit and the ultra-sound.
Flag
I'm in for this series; I like Halle Berry. That said-- the pacing can step up a bit and the pop-up promos for another show are an intrusion (save them for the breaks).
Flag
No kidding for the giant ad banners!
Flag
From so many people in the show, only 2 seems to be doing Acting the Right, this is how I felt in this episode. Or maybe it is because of - well Halle Berry.

Having said that, show itself is gaining momentum. Things are looking good and the series is maybe not going to be a fast-paced action one, but very much drama-like suspense and thrilling one so need to watch it with that in mind to enjoy the story and the pile of unanswered questions week by week.
Flag
I am very interested in this. I would like to see more and I think it is a shame that once again we get a good syfy and they are already talking about canceling the program. Look you have to give syfy people the chance to become interested after all every time there is a new program just about the time we get interested then you cancel the program.
Flag
There should be a limit on how many shows with alien babies can be on air at the same time. Yea I'm looking at you Falling Skies.
Flag
I'm still interested, looking forward to more. It's nice to have a more classic version of science fiction, rather than the all too common violence/gore story with some aliens in it.
Flag
I enjoy this episode, especially like the mammal scene in the museum and the robot curator. In fact I'm enjoying seeing the world this story takes place in rather than the story at the minute, still interesting to see where this alien baby going and it far better than under the dome.
Flag
I could watch just 10 minutes.
Sorry, sorry....
Flag
Anyone remember Defying Gravity on ABC from a few year ago? Set in the future, advanced technology, private space agency withholding information, pregnancy that wasn't supposed to be able to occur, mysterious space mission.
Flag
Threshold was another good show cancelled too soon.
Flag
I loved that show. I picked up the full season when it (finally) hit iTunes even though I'd seen almost all of it.

It's a shame it didn't continue.
Flag
Eve Ate the Apple never hitting our television screens until much later was a real disservice to us fans. I also bought it the minute it was available. OH WOW ... At least we got a little bit of closure.
Flag
Defying Gravity was brilliant, a slow burner but brilliant show, good story. An one of the best ships I have seen for a while in a scifi show.
Flag
Yep, the Antares rocked.
Flag
Defying Gravity was a much better show - so far anyway. With much better acting. Disappointed in Halle Berry's performance - don't see how it's possible for an astronaut to be so stupid.
Flag
YES! Cheesy cheering scene aside and AJ's silliness in that first two part episode, the whole thing hung together better than this. I'm intrigued enough to watch maybe another episode or two, but right now I'd much rather be watching DG indeed.
Flag
Loved it. It took a few episodes to gel, but once it did it was great. Too bad ABC didn't give it a chance, starting with no promotion at all and then pulling it early. cannot say the same for this show, I was getting sick of the ads, but it's feeling like a slow burn show as well like Defying Gravity.
Flag
Starting to get pretty interesting, cant wait to watch more
Flag
I like it! :) But... I can't see many differences between Yasumoto and Hatake (from Helix).
Flag
Well read my reply to tryptz and let us know what you think. Sanada knows what he's doing !
Flag
Yasumoto is dying while Hatake is undying is a good place to start
Flag
well, yes - and Hatake have a daughter - that's 2.
Flag
cool show. i like it so far. interesting plot and characters.
Flag
OK. It was slightly better than its pilot. CBS should have made this a two/2 hours series premiere instead. I still like the flashbacks. I will keep watching it for now.
Flag
I think this has possibilities, want to see where it goes!
Flag
It's ok. It's ok. It's ok. It's ok... That's about how I feel about this show.
Flag
You stole my post zsandmann...
Flag
Teaching an AI to keep secrets and giving it contradictory info...

That NEVER turns out badly on sci fi.

They should rename the kid Hal

Flag
BORING
Flag
I must agree. I wanted to like it, but two episodes in and I find myself fighting to maintain the allusion of being interested. This one is dropping off my playlist.
Flag
Just from the previews I can't figure out why anyone would want to watch it. She was on the space station "alone" and now she has an alien baby. First came Under the Dome and now this show the scary thing is scripted drama might lose to reality TV if the bar drops any lower! :(
Flag
This is way better than UTD.
Flag
This episode produce a possible explanation for why they were launching missions with just one astronaut on-board, an actually it a pretty good explanation. I will let you watch the show to find out what it is. An this show is easily better than any reality tv I have watch.
Flag
You probably shouldn't be commenting on the quality of a show you have never seen, especially in this case as your opinion is very wrong.
Extant is shaping up to be quite an amazing show. More-so to anyone foolish enough to compare it to reality TV.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members