Extras

Episode 1: Ben Stiller

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jul 21, 2005 on BBC Two

• A good start for this show.

This series reminds me of "The Office" in some ways, especially the feeling you get by the Ricky Gervais-character Andy Millman, a kind of embarrassment on his behalf. This seems to be the kind of character that suits Ricky Gervais perfectly.

Ashley Jensen plays the character Maggie Jacobs, Andy's friend and co-extra.
    She seems like a naive and kind of dumb woman.

This episode's guest star is Ben Stiller, one of my personal favourite comedian actors. In this show he's a director, an arrogant braggart who always seems to know best, because he played in cash-successes as "Meet the Parents", and have made out with the likes of Cameron Diaz and Drew Barrymore.

My favourite scene in this episode was the last one, where Ben Stiller argues with his staff.

This first episode was, in my opinion, a good start for this show, and it didn't scare me away from seeing the second episode.
    Although, I won't recommend you to see this show if you didn't like "The Office", since you have to like that kind of humour to enjoy this show.